Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by stevebradley »

marcoloco wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:27 pm The problem no one has mentioned is that there’s many many more mouths to feed than initially was the case when this first was made available.

Derry & Institue alone could easily need £10m to get their respective projects over the line.

What is likely is that everyone with get a small amount with promises of ‘more to come’… etc etc
I doiubt that they'll go with the approach of giving everyone a little bit of money tbh, as that wouldn't achieve anything. Small amounts won't build anything of note for the likes of Cliftonville, Glenntoran, Coleraine or ourselvess.

I susepct they'll fund a few projects to a degree in which they can actually deliver something decent, give a few more a smaller bit of funding, and then as you said state that they're working to get more funding for everyone else.

dcfc_jp_1989
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_jp_1989 »

stevebradley wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:06 am
marcoloco wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:27 pm The problem no one has mentioned is that there’s many many more mouths to feed than initially was the case when this first was made available.

Derry & Institue alone could easily need £10m to get their respective projects over the line.

What is likely is that everyone with get a small amount with promises of ‘more to come’… etc etc
I doiubt that they'll go with the approach of giving everyone a little bit of money tbh, as that wouldn't achieve anything. Small amounts won't build anything of note for the likes of Cliftonville, Glenntoran, Coleraine or ourselvess.

I susepct they'll fund a few projects to a degree in which they can actually deliver something decent, give a few more a smaller bit of funding, and then as you said state that they're working to get more funding for everyone else.
As announced by minister Gordon Lyons a few weeks ago the money is being allocated to fund high quality projects. Derry, Coleraine, Cliftonville & Glentoran (I think was the 4th team) are those in line to get from the initial stream of funding. The minister also said he'd be working with the Executive to get more money for the project as £36m is nowhere near enough, I think one of the criteria is clubs have to be seen to be putting money into their stadium themselves (which we are doing with the new stand whenever it gets back on track). At the Derry City agm Sean Barrett said the club were given money (months previous) to put together a business case which had to be submitted by end of June & if successful hopefully money would be released in the new tax year next April. Even though the ground is council owned its the club that has to apply for it, same goes for all clubs in NI who are tenants of their local council

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Brandywell broken into and vandalised last night.

Idiots as the stadium is used by kids every single day and it just ruins it for them if they can't use the facility.

Luckily we dont have a game on this week...