Anti Social Behaviour

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Re: Anti Social Behaviour

Post by TenaciousDee »

A teenager was found with a bladed weapon last night during these frisks.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

brandyball wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:51 pm Every one frisked tonight. No Frisk No Entry.
How does that stop scumbags throwing stuff from outside?

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

stevebradley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm Leaving aside the physical limitations of the site, it's surrounded by densely packed housing and laneways - some of which provides perfect cover for anti-social behaviour.
The Brandywell will not work for our longer term future.
Plenty modern stadiums in built up areas. Pushing the eddie 'mouth almighty' mahon fort george rant.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:32 am A teenager was found with a bladed weapon last night during these frisks.
The Police discovered the "weapon" during a stop n search in Lonemoor Gardens.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

BrandywellRedMariner wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:54 am
stevebradley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm Leaving aside the physical limitations of the site, it's surrounded by densely packed housing and laneways - some of which provides perfect cover for anti-social behaviour.
Plenty modern stadiums in built up areas. Pushing the eddie 'mouth almighty' mahon fort george rant.
How many of those stadiums have the kind of issues we have every so often though? A key difference is that those other places can be policed.

Where did I even mention Fort George? :?:

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

stevebradley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 pm
How many of those stadiums have the kind of issues we have every so often though? A key difference is that those other places can be policed.

No other area mentioned other than fg by others commenting. Nothing wrong with where it is. Merited or not, Friday, trouble, rovers. Monday, pats, no reports. Common denominator is a particular team who assaulted stewards inside the stadium last season.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

BrandywellRedMariner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 am
stevebradley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 pm

No other area mentioned other than fg by others commenting. Nothing wrong with where it is. Merited or not, Friday, trouble, rovers. Monday, pats, no reports. Common denominator is a particular team who assaulted stewards inside the stadium last season.
You can't really compare Fridays and Mondays games Pats fans were housed under a roof in Southend Stand whereas Rovers fans were out in the open where objects were lobbed over the wall.

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

BrandywellRedMariner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 amCommon denominator is a particular team who assaulted stewards inside the stadium last season.
No, the common denominator is the bunch of wee scrotes who've been causing trouble, home and away, over a longer period.

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

What about the wane that ran from the Derry end, pjcked up said flare, ran back up to the city end and disappeared?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

I was today shown a screenshot from the Facebook equivalent of this forum. A Father has asked for help to identify a "50-something" year old who assaulted his 12 year old son, whilst he went to retrieve his child's coat. The poster claims it happened at the front exit of the stand near the showgrounds end (from my reading). The "wee scrotes" are not the only element bringing our support down by the seams of things. From the media section we had a 50+ year old man verbal accost Eddie Seydak whilst he commented on the match (the fella opened by saying are you watching what I am watching whilst at the time reading the answers off the half time quiz) and four seats to this person's right, a man in his 60's did the same to the videographer and social media employee at Shamrock Rovers.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Mentioned earlier in the season before any recent troubles at the Brandywell but until punishments are significantly increased nothing will change. These issues are still dealt with by the odd fine, slap on the wrist of a few banning order.

Complete waste of time and not a deterrent for clubs, fans or the hooligans involved.

Education and proper punishment needed.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Following incidents at The Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium during the SSE Airtricity Men’s Premier Division fixture between Derry City FC and Shamrock Rovers FC on Friday, 19 April 2024, an Independent Disciplinary Committee has imposed a suspended partial stadium closure at The Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium. The Independent Disciplinary Committee determined that if the same or similar offence occurs at the Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium in the course of the next home SSE Airtricity Men’s Premier Division fixture, the sanction will become effective.

The Independent Disciplinary Committee has also issued two fines relating to the above mentioned incident and the incident involving a pyrotechnic on the field of play.

The League of Ireland and FAI are committed to providing a safe environment for players, officials, staff and spectators at all our fixtures.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

That’s proves it.

“… in the course of the next home fixture, the sanction will become effective”

Why not for the reminder of the season?

Pats was the next home fixture and passed without serious incident. So is that case closed?

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Disciplinary committee normally sits on a Wednesday so no.

Perhaps they could have suspended it for longer.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Maybe it needs the stadium to be closed for a game for this issue to be taken seriously?

These scrotes, of all ages, are bringing the club into disrepute. No-one should go to a football game in this country and fear of getting injured.

Same goes for Rovers scumbags too, time this tiny element isn't allowed to ruin it for the 99% of good fans.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Keyser Soze wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:43 pm Maybe it needs the stadium to be closed for a game for this issue to be taken seriously?

These scrotes, of all ages, are bringing the club into disrepute. No-one should go to a football game in this country and fear of getting injured.

Same goes for Rovers scumbags too, time this tiny element isn't allowed to ruin it for the 99% of good fans.
It should apply to all stadiums across the league.

Clubs also need to wake up to it. Its their responsibility also.

A collective responsibility is needed to stamp it out.

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Extremely unfair on decent Derry fans to have to continue to turn up and watch.

Stadium should have been closed.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Folks CAN WE DEAL WITH IT. Police in the area will provoke AND encourage worse . Politically we are where we are We were here in 70s Look what happened ordinary supporters are Powerless remember that. . Our Derry BOARD cannot do anything about what happens outside I am so sorry for their plight . I. feel all we supporters can do , is to assist any ways for away support to be acccomodated safely somehow by us making a few sacrifices inside the ground

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 pm Folks CAN WE DEAL WITH IT. Police in the area will provoke AND encourage worse . Politically we are where we are We were here in 70s Look what happened ordinary supporters are Powerless remember that. . Our Derry BOARD cannot do anything about what happens outside I am so sorry for their plight . I. feel all we supporters can do , is to assist any ways for away support to be acccomodated safely somehow by us making a few sacrifices inside the ground
The Board haven't even commented.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:22 pm
eugenio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 pm Folks CAN WE DEAL WITH IT. Police in the area will provoke AND encourage worse . Politically we are where we are We were here in 70s Look what happened ordinary supporters are Powerless remember that. . Our Derry BOARD cannot do anything about what happens outside I am so sorry for their plight . I. feel all we supporters can do , is to assist any ways for away support to be acccomodated safely somehow by us making a few sacrifices inside the ground
The Board haven't even commented.
They just have now. Its just gone public on the socials.