Anti Social Behaviour

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Anti Social Behaviour

Post by marcoloco »

stevebradley wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm
marcoloco wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:56 pm
brandyball wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 pm

Shels fans hit with 1 match ban for next away game.
So Galway get punished (loss of income) because some idiot from Dublin threw a flare.
I take your point. But ironnically there's a chance Galway could sell that game out anyway, or come close to it. In which case they'd end up with MORE income - due to the need for fewer seat/capacity kills (because no need for segregation), plus less security needed too :)
They could but all ifs and buts.

It's reasonable to assume that they wont and ultimately it is Galway that are carrying the can for this one. My point remains, and it applies to measly fines, it's not going to act as a deterrent and will only keep on happening. FAI needs to get a handle on it and take a stronger position. Shels must be very relieved put it that way.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Have Pulse Been relieved of their Duties?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Apparently so

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Sometimes nightmares re occur What if as in 70s a severe attack on away fans happens ans clubs refuse to come here as Irish League teams did Its Deja vue time

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:58 pm Apparently so
The Club have taken a Massive risk.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Said it before…

Until the punishments are harsher nothing will change.

£3k slap on the wrists and maybe a supporter ban.

Had that hit someone it could of been an attempted murder charge. It’s sounds crazy but that’s where we are at.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

5000 euro fine stadium closed for 1 game possibility.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:21 pm Said it before…

Until the punishments are harsher nothing will change.

£3k slap on the wrists and maybe a supporter ban.

Had that hit someone it could of been an attempted murder charge. It’s sounds crazy but that’s where we are at.
Shels fan who struck linesman has been given lifetime ban.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

The scum who throw pryos over a wall to hit and injure football fans don't get a sh1t whether we are fined or not. Or if the stadium is closed for a home game. They aren't Derry fans.

Have been reading some other forums and, rightly so, other fans are questioning our ability to house away fans safely. They are saying that if we can't guarantee their safety then matches will have to be played elsewhere. And I can see where they are coming from. If it was happening to us at away grounds, we'd be up in arms too.

I hope we don't get a stadium closure. That punishes the thousands for the sins of one person or a handful of them.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Whatever happened to the plan to house away fans @ Showgrounds end?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:34 pm Whatever happened to the plan to house away fans @ Showgrounds end?
I recall we started the season with no away fans due to the works...

Then there was pushback and we had to accommodate a small number...

But presumably by that stage we had sold all our STs so couldnt move things around

Expect that will be introduced next season

BrandywellRedMariner
Reserves
Reserves

Post by BrandywellRedMariner »

brandyball wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:28 pm Have Pulse Been relieved of their Duties?
Same stewards though.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:23 pm The scum who throw pryos over a wall to hit and injure football fans don't get a sh1t whether we are fined or not. Or if the stadium is closed for a home game. They aren't Derry fans.

Have been reading some other forums and, rightly so, other fans are questioning our ability to house away fans safely. They are saying that if we can't guarantee their safety then matches will have to be played elsewhere. And I can see where they are coming from. If it was happening to us at away grounds, we'd be up in arms too.

I hope we don't get a stadium closure. That punishes the thousands for the sins of one person or a handful of them.
I'm a broken recodd on this, but Brandywell is the wrong location for our long-term future.

Leaving aside the physical limitations of the site, it's surrounded by densely packed housing and laneways - some of which provides perfect cover for anti-social behaviour. And the area can't be effectively policed. None of which works for a modern stadium.

These sorts of problems have been happening every so often for years. And unfortunately I see no reason why they won't continue to happen every so often in the future.

I'm convinced that an All-Island League will be introduced at some point, one way or another. If we can't even host a Dublin team without scrotes causing problems, what hope do we have with the likes of Linfield and Coleraine? And what happens if there's hassle at a Europena fixture, as UEFA don't take any sh!t?

The Brandywell will not work for our longer term future.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:28 pm Have Pulse Been relieved of their Duties?
What's the story there? Have they taken the rap for what happoened?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:01 pm
What's the story there? Have they taken the rap for what happoened?
Don't think they were present on Friday.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

The silence from the club is deadening. The FAI are considering match official report. Police will have a proportionate presence outside tonight.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

We'll not hear anything from the FAI until later in the week but I have it in my head that some form of closure will happen for the Shels game.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Every one frisked tonight. No Frisk No Entry.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

brandyball wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:51 pm Every one frisked tonight. No Frisk No Entry.
We weren't frisked go into turnstiles for the Mark Farren Stand, and neither was anyone else around us.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

stevebradley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:45 pm
brandyball wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:51 pm Every one frisked tonight. No Frisk No Entry.
We weren't frisked go into turnstiles for the Mark Farren Stand, and neither was anyone else around us.
Might have been just me then. :P