$h€l$ vs Derry City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: $h€l$ vs Derry City Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm He is not a coach, he’s an analyst. He will help analyse our own keepers performance in training & games from sports science perspective. Plus help with opposition GK analysis & GK recruitment. All data performance led.
It's more than the Goalkeeping that need Analysing.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

TenaciousDee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm He is not a coach, he’s an analyst. He will help analyse our own keepers performance in training & games from sports science perspective. Plus help with opposition GK analysis & GK recruitment. All data performance led.
I'd have thought that goalkeeping was the area where we were least in need of major external help?

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Help with opposition GK analysis you say?

Hopefully he'll do a presentation as to how the last 2 opposition keepers didn't have a shot to save from us.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Keyser Soze wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:19 pm
Help with opposition GK analysis you say?

Hopefully he'll do a presentation as to how the last 2 opposition keepers didn't have a shot to save from us.
Keyser. You hit it in one. I finally realised it’s not the game I grew up with anymore It’s moving to the Robotic era so I must accommodate that Yes yes yes it’s great. How’s that.? Did I say the right thing ? Seriously the game is well. Gone bonkers to oldies like me Thing is since Covid people will now turn up,in numbers , to watch , even an egg hatch so we are superfluous we oldies lol lol 😂 and 😇

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

stevebradley wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:25 pm
I'd have thought that goalkeeping was the area where we were least in need of major external help?
Last week they announced a partnership with another organisation, the Clubhub, that to assists everyone at the club, from academy to first team. It will streamline player data collection and make detailed and personalised preparation plans for each player, as well as 'supporting optimised performance'. I thought that was what Seamus did but I may be wrong.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

It's Moneyball nowadays.

Players and teams picked based on stats. There's data overload, surely if it was just a matter of doing this, every team would be good?

How did the managers of old ever manage to put a team together and win things?

Football isn't a science.

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

Keyser Soze wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:44 pmThere's data overload, surely if it was just a matter of doing this, every team would be good?
Winning the lottery is as simple as picking 6 numbers. You still need to do it right.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Data is just another tool. Another form of analysis.

Add it to your other tools (scouts, intuition, background personality etc) and it'll help you make a better, more informed decision.

The more information and the better informed your decisions are the outcome is more likely to be as intended / as expected.

Who wouldn't want that?

Otherwise it is more of a lottery...

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Striker A scored 26 goals last season. Striker B scored 14 goals.

Which one would you sign? That's using data! Data has been around for a long time. Data helps inform decisions. Basing decisions on data alone is not a good idea which is why you need other input.

Don't let data scare you. It helps create a more informed decision. They won't all work out mind you