Shamrock Rovers v Derry City - Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Shamrock Rovers v Derry City - Match Thread

Post by marcoloco »

mokendismucker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:12 am Good point away to 4 time champions, competition favourites and to some, superior team and squad. Disappointing in the end not to get all 3 and wouldn’t have been undeserved for the spirit and attitude to fight back. Another goal from super sub Danny Mullen (striker) who showed his commitment by launching his full body at the ball. Think he might deserve some more game time.

Could Maher have done better with their opener? Boyce, Doherty, McEniff, below par imo. Coll got caught for their equaliser and Kelly has been non existent so far. Can’t afford any more injuries in mid field.

Don’t think any team, other than Shams, come to the Brandywell to play open football. Waterford will look to spoil like all the others and look like they have a real threat on the counter. But again these are the games we have to find a way to win.🏆

On we go. RAWA.
We did well to get the point but its still disappointing that we didn't have enough experience to see the result out. Rovers were fresher having not played on Friday and both teams were missing key players. One area that Rovers do look weaker this season is the GK. He just looks out of his depth. Mullen is on fire just now. 2 goals in 4 days... one with his left foot and another with his left arm! Jokes aside he put himself in there where it mattered and was 100% committed so deserved every bit of luck that he got.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Re: Shamrock Rovers v Derry City - Match Thread

Post by rodgers »

eugenio wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:09 am I’m not a huge fan of either manager but but this game was a smasher to watch This is what I call entertainment 94 pulsating minutes. I’m delighted esp for Shane Yes he’s my favourite So I love him playing Patching not missed at all Mc Mullan not as neat with his control but what a heart.
There’s only one wee item The boyos who get paid just to sit and analyse Derry for our opponents must have seen Doherty has great weaknesses in defending esp balls over his head and his general marking and teams are exploiting this effectively . But as an attacking player esp as a vital link to Duffy …his energy and lovely control is first class why then can he not be used there ….I’d put him over Patching and Mc Enuff even a half fit Fats def over ~Dialo the fouling machine
But that’s just a personal opinion
Re other posts this game. Two big games in a few days. Travel to a team who were rested I saw Derry play so we’ll see the stats I wasn’t sure about their challenge now I am We are in NO WAY second best to the Rovers now my opinion of course but I’d watch stuff like this forever
Good post Eugenio even though I found the game a bit scrappy at times.

With all of our injuries in midfield, maybe could Doherty move up there. Although he was outjumped for the goal, Coll can play left back.