The cup final

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

The cup final

Post by eugenio »

A few things from the Cup Final. Wow 44 000 Unbelievable We were so proud of the crowd we got this was amazing tho. Second. We esp in midfield we’re far superior to both of these and Infeel we would have romped it if we could find a goal . Pats all credit to a new coach who worked so hard on set pieces… Wish we did lol. Deccie shattered I feel so sorry because I think they have not taken to him and he may be ousted . But they lacked imagination The best League scorer but they don’t use his ability The apparent dislike of the early long ball seems to have afflicted a lot of teams But now we must get back there next time To be in a 44 000 crowd is amazing stuff

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: The cup final

Post by marcoloco »

eugenio wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:43 pm A few things from the Cup Final. Wow 44 000 Unbelievable We were so proud of the crowd we got this was amazing tho. Second. We esp in midfield we’re far superior to both of these and Infeel we would have romped it if we could find a goal . Pats all credit to a new coach who worked so hard on set pieces… Wish we did lol. Deccie shattered I feel so sorry because I think they have not taken to him and he may be ousted . But they lacked imagination The best League scorer but they don’t use his ability The apparent dislike of the early long ball seems to have afflicted a lot of teams But now we must get back there next time To be in a 44 000 crowd is amazing stuff
I hope he gets another season at Bohs but he didn’t help himself with the comment about I didn’t leave home and move to Dublin to get 44 points… (the points tally of the previous manager shown the door) only to end up with (you guessed it) 44 points.

no one doubts he puts his heart and soul into these jobs. He’s 100% in every time and demands the same of his players.

But that’s not enough and his ranting and style of play can be a turn off. He’s a manager that splits opinion. Some love him some don’t.

He’ll find another job no problem (if he’s pushed out) but I think Finn Harps or Institute would be a better fit.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Ps Great crowd & a good advert for LOI.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

What could've been, eh?

PauliAlonso
First Team
First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

marcoloco wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:40 pm
I hope he gets another season at Bohs but he didn’t help himself with the comment about I didn’t leave home and move to Dublin to get 44 points… (the points tally of the previous manager shown the door) only to end up with (you guessed it) 44 points.

no one doubts he puts his heart and soul into these jobs. He’s 100% in every time and demands the same of his players.

But that’s not enough and his ranting and style of play can be a turn off. He’s a manager that splits opinion. Some love him some don’t.

He’ll find another job no problem (if he’s pushed out) but I think Finn Harps or Institute would be a better fit.
I didn't want him to get the second go here when he came back, because he had done nothing in the game since his first stint. How could anyone have expected it to go any differently? I'd take him back a third time if he actually goes and learns how to manage a team. We were tactically awful the last time and there was zero development in some of the most glaringly obvious areas. It's fine for a manager to not be able to do everything (Klopp himself admits that there's things he can't do well, so he hires coaches that can), but Decky has very little in his locker. I was surprised he got the Bohs job but he must have really sold the "heart and soul" element in the interview. I had hoped that rather than Bohs, his next job would have been Harps or Stute, as you mentioned, because there the pressure's off a bit and he could learn more and try different things. I fully expected him to get Europe with Bohs this season and then next year tail off, as it's always gone with him. It would be unfair, in one way, if they let him go now but on the other hand, we all know that next year won't be any better for them.

da-gama
First Team
First Team

Post by da-gama »

Ah Decky. Was sorry to see he/they got beat yesterday and their season doesn't look good now.

Heart on his sleeve as always but you had the feeling those words last week '...Shels can celebrate all they like but we'll be bringing that cup back' were always going to haunt him.

Good luck to him; a fine Derry man, and true supporter of Palestine.