Shamrocks visit

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Shamrocks visit

Post by marcoloco »

mokendismucker wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:01 am
Nige92 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:13 am
marcoloco wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:28 am A game you MUST win and we throw on 2 defenders at the end?

Surely if you need a goal, McGonigle and McEneff are worth a gamble and in all honesty should have been introduced sooner.

Am i missing something maybe?

Home draws are what cost us the league, Cup and Europe this season.
You must have missed the red card. Losing that game would have completely ended things. Ensuring you get a draw when 10 v 11 was absolutely the right thing to do.

I agree that McGonigle should have been on earlier, rather than Kavanagh
Would agree with that except the McGonigle bit. Our only chance of a goal after the sending off was going to be a set piece. So shore up for the point and look for a winner from a free or corner. Made sense to me.
A point won't win you the league with 6 games left. It's no time to be cautious.

The point does keep our nose in front of Pats and in the hunt for 2nd.

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

Derry missed Fats and his creativity. Diallo slows the game down too much and is easy beat when players run at him. Patching plays hide and seek and disappears in too many games. Cant fault Derrys results against Rovers this season and they run them close last night but Rovers showed what you need to be champions, the ability to grind out results when you are not at your best. We have the nucleus of a good team, let’s hope we can keep building.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

The Manager's view
https://fb.watch/n5NAH0Tgh4/