UCD v Derry City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

UCD v Derry City Match Thread

Post by TenaciousDee »

Tickets from the previous date is valid for tomorrow night, otherwise here is a link to those travelling to the Camp Nou Bowl https://ucdfc.ticketco.events/ie/ie/m/e ... derry_city

Diallo, I believe, will be available for selection after missing Friday night through suspension. I imagine Duffy will be kept on the bench with others making way for the likes of Brandon Kavanagh, Jordon McEneff and either Jamie McGonigle or Cian Kavanagh to start. Important game if we wish to keep the heat on the other teams around us in the push for a top 3 spot.

If you can't make the match tomorrow it will be live on LOITV, BBC Radio Foyle and Drive 105.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Re: UCD v Derry City Match Thread

Post by stevebradley »

We need to rack up goals in this game. We're only in 2nd place over Pats on goal difference, and 11 goals behnd Rovers. We've both lost leagues and qualified for Europe solely on goal difference in the past, so we need to hockey a UCD team that are essentially already relegated.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Hopefully he'll start with more than 1 up front and we can narrow the gap before Rovers come to town.

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

3 points is a must tonight. A few goals would be good too but definitely the 3 points

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

anyone having bother opening LOI cover? Getting stream access error message

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

Got it now but stop/start!!

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Let's boost the goal difference now.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Five goals is a good return but I am sure we were all screaming for more. Patching has tonight become our top scorer with his 7th and 8th goals of the season. Two cool finishes tonight, the first seemed brilliantly casual in the execution, sums him up. McMullan on the right continues to impress and I think we are really lucky to have a player of that quality. I hope during the break Duffy gets back to full fitness because Duffy on the left (with support from Doherty) and McMullan on the right could tear any defence apart.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Don’t think you could ask much more of last night. We are in position now to have a go. We have momentum, will have near enough a fully fit squad, scoring goals and a goalkeeper in his best form of the season. Realistically shams have to be beaten and why not? We have beaten them twice this season already. Despite what some media pundits would have you think they are not invincible.

Time to BELIEVE RAWA.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

mokendismucker wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:41 am Don’t think you could ask much more of last night. We are in position now to have a go. We have momentum, will have near enough a fully fit squad, scoring goals and a goalkeeper in his best form of the season. Realistically shams have to be beaten and why not? We have beaten them twice this season already. Despite what some media pundits would have you think they are not invincible.

Time to BELIEVE RAWA.
And we’re at home. No excuses then. :D

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

marcoloco wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:23 pm
mokendismucker wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:41 am Don’t think you could ask much more of last night. We are in position now to have a go. We have momentum, will have near enough a fully fit squad, scoring goals and a goalkeeper in his best form of the season. Realistically shams have to be beaten and why not? We have beaten them twice this season already. Despite what some media pundits would have you think they are not invincible.

Time to BELIEVE RAWA.
And we’re at home. No excuses then. :D
No excuses not to leave it all out there and have a real go in front of your own fans for sure. Maybe not an identical context but I remember being in Cork on the last day of the 2005 campaign with Derry just needing a draw to win the league. When you entered that ground you got an immediate sense that this will not be your night. It was bouncing 30 mins before ko and Cork responded on the pitch. So yeah no excuses. Maybe just a little Lady Luck………

RAWA