Derry City v Cork City Match Thread

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Re: Derry City v Cork City Match Thread

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:01 pm
brandyball wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:28 pm
eugenio wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:21 pm No Coll again :cry:
You do know the team won't be announced until Friday night? :lol:
Brandy. I never never enter the Selection guessing game But noticed posters who do leave Coll off their selection To me he’s a cracker and ar R Back v Rovers was superb. Just wondering Why ? He’s underrated by some
Higgy didn’t seem to be his best fan seeing the number of times he was off the team amazed :arrow:
Coll Starts. 8-)

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

O'Reilly doesn't :o

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

So you can have a party without pyro after all.

Gerrymc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Gerrymc »

Well done city. 3 points. Keep them coming ⚽️⚽️

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

What's up with O'Reilly - that was him, diallo, duffy and Dummigan missing midfielders. That's some group to come back in and then you McJannett, Harkin, Whelan as well.

Comfortable enough- did enough without being great. We move on to rovers.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

Nige92 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:56 pm We all know Coll is a solid, dependable player but he's clearly a good squad player

Some of us know he’s a cracker also and love him playing. He was our best Player voted by us for 2 seasons

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

I thought it was a comfortable win. Two good goals if not the most exciting game. Match opened up a little at start of second half which allowed for a bit of pace and the second goal to be scored.

I hope Cork stay up as they are a big Club and make the league less Dublin centric but they will have a tough time.

In our strongest starting xi, I don't think Patching starts.

On a separate note, I tried to set up LOITV for my father before the game so that he could be watch it at home. But he was saying that it cut out a lot. This happened a lot last year with me too. Does anyone know why the streams from home games are regularly so bad?

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

Comfortable win with two good goals. Derry upped the tempo in the 2nd half and could have won by more. Hopefully they will do this from the start of games as I feel we allow teams to set up defensively when they lose the ball by passing backwards and sideways which leaves the forwards with little room when the ball does come into the last 3rd. Was O Reilly injured ?

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

Really solid performance, never in any real danger apart from Doherty nearly scoring an OG.

There were concerns about a loss of goals from Midfield when Thomson left but McEneff is showing he can get himself into those positions to score.

O'Neill caused Cork a right but of trouble in the 2nd half when he played in a more inside position rather than running down the line.

Concerns is O'Reilly is injured. Thankfully Diallo is back next week

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am In our strongest starting xi, I don't think Patching starts.
Patching catching strays even in victory. From the first two weeks we've seen that our 'best XI' might not be available all too often
rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am On a separate note, I tried to set up LOITV for my father before the game so that he could be watch it at home. But he was saying that it cut out a lot. This happened a lot last year with me too. Does anyone know why the streams from home games are regularly so bad?
Ultimately its about a lack of adequate infrastructure which is a problem throughout the league unfortunately

MINTER

Post by MINTER »

Patching is a passenger ,needs dropped end of..far top casual every game and his inly party piece of dead balls have been way off for a long long time.

You also said Ciaran Coll provides little going forward....he was instrumental in going forward in the second goal

Game last night was a straightforward 3 points...wasn't the prettiest but I'd say that will be the norm for teams coming to the Brandywell this season to double up at the back and try and hit us on the break

forza
Reserves
Reserves

Post by forza »

Is there any point in being in the ground after 75 minutes when the swathe of Pulse meatheads encricle the pitch and block any view of the match? Could they at least kneel down and let us see what is happening on the pitch? Do they think the referee is going to blow for full time ten minutes early?What an absolutely infuriating charade it is

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Nige92 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:31 pm
rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am In our strongest starting xi, I don't think Patching starts.
Patching catching strays even in victory. From the first two weeks we've seen that our 'best XI' might not be available all too often
rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am On a separate note, I tried to set up LOITV for my father before the game so that he could be watch it at home. But he was saying that it cut out a lot. This happened a lot last year with me too. Does anyone know why the streams from home games are regularly so bad?
Ultimately its about a lack of adequate infrastructure which is a problem throughout the league unfortunately
I think that means you don't disagree.

As for LOITV, I don't agree, the streams of our home games are regularly worse than from every other ground in the league.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

3,points 2 great goals Great work by Coll for the second but do others think it’s a bit like watching a 75 min training session ….keep ball topic ….with 15 mins real football dropped in

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

MINTER wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:45 pm You also said Ciaran Coll provides little going forward....he was instrumental in going forward in the second goal
You're right, he played the ball before the assist but go back and watch it. He's given all the time in the world to play a ball down the line. Don't get me wrong, I like Coll but I just feel that in order to improve the side we need a full back who provides more attacking threat on a consistent basis.

On two occasions between the 16th and 22nd minute he played two poor balls forward to kill attacks.

I think I would start him at LB v Rovers on Friday for the defensive solidity he brings
Last edited by Nige92 on Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:41 pm
As for LOITV, I don't agree, the streams of our home games are regularly worse than from every other ground in the league.
It certainly happens more often than you would like. Not disagreeing, just saying that it's an issue across the league.. Apart from Tallaght

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am I thought it was a comfortable win. Two good goals if not the most exciting game. Match opened up a little at start of second half which allowed for a bit of pace and the second goal to be scored.

I hope Cork stay up as they are a big Club and make the league less Dublin centric but they will have a tough time.

In our strongest starting xi, I don't think Patching starts.

On a separate note, I tried to set up LOITV for my father before the game so that he could be watch it at home. But he was saying that it cut out a lot. This happened a lot last year with me too. Does anyone know why the streams from home games are regularly so bad?
Heard its a Broadband Issue.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

YorbaLinda wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:08 pmWas O Reilly injured ?
Yes. No idea how bad it is though

YorbaLinda
Reserves
Reserves

Post by YorbaLinda »

Hopefully not serious as he looks a good lively midfielder. 👍