Bohs Game

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
brandyball
Manager
Manager

Bohs Game

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Re: Bohs Game

Post by Keyser Soze »

Looks like another sell-out.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

forza
Reserves
Reserves

Post by forza »

I pray we put the gypsies to the sword. I will never forgive them or the tout and mouth Keith Long for the way he treated my good friend at Dalymount by having him moved. He shall reap what he has sewn

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

With 2 home games in quick succession before the Rovers game its vital we come through them unscathed.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

forza wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:11 pm I pray we put the gypsies to the sword. I will never forgive them or the tout and mouth Keith Long for the way he treated my good friend at Dalymount by having him moved. He shall reap what he has sewn
Geesis I thought I was alone in my dislike for this man...

On LOITV the managers are supposed to do a short two minute interview before the game. Higgins is always obliging at every home game. Keith Long on the other hand kept us waiting last year and then proceeded to walk past us out onto the pitch having already been asked to do the interview. When we asked one of the backroom staff to get him to come over he shoo'ed him away and said he was too busy preparing for the game and proceeded to laugh over at us as yer man was delivering the message...

Manners cost nothing as does civility... We tried to accomodate them and then got laughed at... I was so glad we beat them later that evening :D

footman
First Team
First Team

Post by footman »

Derry City v Bohemians
Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium, 7.45pm
Referee: Adriano Reale
Assistant 1: Chris Campbell
Assistant 2: Darren Corcoran
Fourth Official: Neil Doyle

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Hope Junior gets the "Hot" reception he deserves.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

brandyball wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:21 pm Hope Junior gets the "Hot" reception he deserves.
Why does he deserve it? The lad did well for us when he was here. Wanted a longer contract but we didn't want to give it to him. Proved right it seems

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Nige92 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:54 pm
brandyball wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:21 pm Hope Junior gets the "Hot" reception he deserves.
Why does he deserve it? The lad did well for us when he was here. Wanted a longer contract but we didn't want to give it to him. Proved right it seems
Derry brought him to these chores then he cleared off and we brought him back again when he was surplus to requirements.
Not being privy to the contract negotiations but I think we gave longer contracts to other players.

Wasn't it after a Bohs game in Dublin that he was "allegedly: abused?

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

We got we deserved tonight a draw. Passing was poor and we missed intensity. I can't remember their keeper having a shot to save apart from the penalty.

That's 7 points dropped at home to shels, bohs and Sligo - if you want to win the league you need to win your home games against such times.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

davybhoy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:55 pm We got we deserved tonight a draw. Passing was poor and we missed intensity. I can't remember their keeper having a shot to save apart from the penalty.

That's 7 points dropped at home to shels, bohs and Sligo - if you want to win the league you need to win your home games against such times.
With StPats next up Monday night and looking for revenge it won't get any easier. Oh Aye then there's Rovers away Friday the 13th.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

What is the reluctance to allow support players to get into the box esp to near post Mc Gonigle to his credit got past his marker continually but no support players and I stress players get into the box Smith Kavanagh esp just don’t get there Yet we concede a corner and we put all 11 in the box ….a v poor tactic btw ….as stats will show .

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

A couple of observations from the game:

1) When playing with 2 CBs I wonder is it necessary to play McJannett as the LB? It's not his natural game to get forward, although he has done well, I just feel Lafferrty could offer more. Playing Toal at LCB makes him look slightly uncomfortable in dealing with balls down his left hand side, as he has to use his stronger right foot. Also, in build up his right footedness cuts off forward passes to the LB/left side. He tends to turn/pass back infield which can slow the progress. To me it seems like we're trying to play make 3 fit into 2. Big Shane is a better passer than Toal but can't drop Toal so moves him to LCB?

2) Build up down the right side is limited. Boyce was anonymous in an attacking sense. We obviously have a preference for the left side. Kavanagh comes in field and Boyce not an attacking RB. Something to look at in future?

3) For the amount of talented players we have in the middle, we create very few chances for that zone around the D

Not saying I've the answers, just a few things I picked up on in a game that was fairly even throughout.

Andy Bernard
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Andy Bernard »

🤡

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Andy Bernard wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:05 pm
🤡
Jeez. Were you off for a while? Hadn't been trolled since.