Shamrock Rovers game

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
refjohn

Re: Shamrock Rovers game

Post by refjohn »

last year we started with Longford and Waterford - 0 points and bottom.

This year Dundalk and Rovers and top.

Good to see us competitive !

roger diesel

Post by roger diesel »

rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:18 pm

Fans from both sides invaded the pitch but two Rovers ones ran on to pitch and started punching and kicking a Derry fan. The FAI need to come down hard on this and against Rovers directly.
This the balloon that ran the length of the pitch to goad the rovers support after the winner? Deserved his kicking, and I hope the club find out who he is and ban the absolute gimp. It was awful to see, I had two youngsters with me but we can't as a club think we're better than others if we let this type of shite ruin it for us all.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

roger diesel wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:43 pm
rodgers wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:18 pm

Fans from both sides invaded the pitch but two Rovers ones ran on to pitch and started punching and kicking a Derry fan. The FAI need to come down hard on this and against Rovers directly.
This the balloon that ran the length of the pitch to goad the rovers support after the winner? Deserved his kicking, and I hope the club find out who he is and ban the absolute gimp. It was awful to see, I had two youngsters with me but we can't as a club think we're better than others if we let this type of shite ruin it for us all.
100% on this RD. He needs identified and banned. Disgraceful that no steward went anywhere near him too, despite doing the full length of the Mark farren Stand twice on the pitch. He got a fair few slaps in the face for his troubles though, the poundshop hooligan. Scundered for him :oops:

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Such as shame that much of the after match talk is on crowd trouble. Lessons to be learned as we move forward. With bigger crowds and bigger matches comes more pressure in the grounds. We maybe need to give this further consideration both within our club and when welcoming certain visiting Clubs. We also should liaise with visiting Clubs so that they can bring their own stewards to monitor away fans. This happens in other leagues and it seems to work well.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Obviously the exertions of Friday night had taken its toll and we ran out of steam after a bright opening 30 odd minutes. Great to see Fats from the start especially the way he was pinging balls over the park ,making it look effortless. The sooner Fats is fully fit the better, with Duffy to come too, exciting times ahead.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:27 pm Obviously the exertions of Friday night had taken its toll and we ran out of steam after a bright opening 30 odd minutes. Great to see Fats from the start especially the way he was pinging balls over the park ,making it look effortless. The sooner Fats is fully fit the better, with Duffy to come too, exciting times ahead.
I like what you did there... :D

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

deek

Post by deek »

Mr. Steve Bradley — I note your reference to an individual who invaded the pitch after this game as, a “pound stretcher hooligan”. I consider this smug comment to be gratuitously offensive to those who wish to shop in Poundstretcher discount stores - a shopping preference that should not in any way be the definition of a hooligan.

I request that you withdraw this offence or be censored by the moderators of this forum.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

deek wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:24 pm Mr. Steve Bradley — I note your reference to an individual who invaded the pitch after this game as, a “pound stretcher hooligan”. I consider this smug comment to be gratuitously offensive to those who wish to shop in Poundstretcher discount stores - a shopping preference that should not in any way be the definition of a hooligan.

I request that you withdraw this offence or be censored by the moderators of this forum.
Wheres the like button :lol: v.good Deek...

On a more serious note how can anyone say that someone deserves a kicking ? He's an idiot that deserves to be banned from any ground that houses football for his antics... that would be a more fitting punishment...

deek

Post by deek »

Mr. Steve Bradley: I still await a retraction or apology for your smug, highly offensive “pound shop hooligan” comment … perhaps I wait in vain. If so I will waste my time with you no further.

It is possible, I feel, to be a hooligan with words too, Mr. Bradley…