The Elephant In The Room

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Candy Cane

The Elephant In The Room

Post by Candy Cane »

Following the disgusting scenes last night at the brandywell, when is the FAI going to deal with the thug/hooligan element that is the Shamrock Rovers fans ?

all their singing about us being british and having a queen is laughable at best. Their keeper refuses to acknowledge the tricolour and they have short memories when it comes to survival as Derry fans contributed quite a few of her majesty's (sic) crown shillings to keep the club afloat before they became "a big team" once more.

We all witnessed the fireworks debacle at one of the games last season and now last night. The eejit who ran on after the equaliser should be identified and never let into a ground around the country again, EVER. He was clearly visible again after our winner, fighting and abusing stewards.

And what about our stewards ? 2 or 3 in front of that mob yet there was 15 or so in front of ours ? Heavy fines coming our way does not look well and we will be hit hard because of it.

TenaciousDee

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Post by TenaciousDee »

Candy Cane wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:53 pm Following the disgusting scenes last night at the brandywell, when is the FAI going to deal with the thug/hooligan element that is the Shamrock Rovers fans?
Same question can be asked of our support because I can tell you, it wasn't Rovers fans who were throwing bottles, cans and stones in the car park after the game. I was walking out with Eddie Seydak and the Rovers fans after the match and they were chatting to us respectfully and candidly on the way out only to be attacked by youths outside Longtower YC. Eddie, who was trying to play peacemaker was narrowly missed by a thrown can that had he been a few more inches further forward was going to be hit on the head.

It is easy to point fingers at Rovers, but Derry City need to take responsibility for those in the stands and outside the stadium who were looking to make trouble.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Don't think we can hold it against their keeper for not recognising the Tricolour.

I find it strange though that the club appears to have kept quiet regarding the use of flares( apart from the tannoy anouncements). I wonder does our supporters liason officer have an input.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Post by Nige92 »

brandyball wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:01 pm Don't think we can hold it against their keeper for not recognising the Tricolour.
What has that got to do with anything? That's his right.

The hooligan elements of both set fans is embarrassing. I'm sure, or at least hope, there'll be more done in future to try and crack down on it.

mokendismucker
Manager
Manager

Post by mokendismucker »

Rovers apparently sold out their allocation within their SR Members Club exclusively. So those wankers on the pitch have to be members of that club…….

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Nige92 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:41 pm
brandyball wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:01 pm Don't think we can hold it against their keeper for not recognising the Tricolour.
What has that got to do with anything? That's his right.

The hooligan elements of both set fans is embarrassing. I'm sure, or at least hope, there'll be more done in future to try and crack down on it.
Try reading the initial post.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

I think what the original poster is getting at is the fact that Mannus recognises that he is British and the Rovers fans accept that but feel free to slag us about being Brits but not their keeper or am I missing something... ?

Agreed that our fans didnt do themselves justice by running onto the pitch... They didnt act like madmen though !

What happens outside the ground is not our fault... I seen 4 landrovers heading in the Brandywell direction as I was heading home along the Foyle RD and thought to myself... uhh ohh

Eltel074

Post by Eltel074 »

Candy Cane wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:53 pm Following the disgusting scenes last night at the brandywell, when is the FAI going to deal with the thug/hooligan element that is the Shamrock Rovers fans ?

all their singing about us being british and having a queen is laughable at best. Their keeper refuses to acknowledge the tricolour and they have short memories when it comes to survival as Derry fans contributed quite a few of her majesty's (sic) crown shillings to keep the club afloat before they became "a big team" once more.

We all witnessed the fireworks debacle at one of the games last season and now last night. The eejit who ran on after the equaliser should be identified and never let into a ground around the country again, EVER. He was clearly visible again after our winner, fighting and abusing stewards.

And what about our stewards ? 2 or 3 in front of that mob yet there was 15 or so in front of ours ? Heavy fines coming our way does not look well and we will be hit hard because of it.

Ask yourself why did the stewards have to stand up at block K ?
We have as many dickheads supporting our team as any other club does ..it's a pity because I've been attending Dery games since we came back into the league and we never had a minutes bother home or away .
This new element of Derry fans is seriously worrying

Eltel074

Post by Eltel074 »

Greengo wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:01 pm I think what the original poster is getting at is the fact that Mannus recognises that he is British and the Rovers fans accept that but feel free to slag us about being Brits but not their keeper or am I missing something... ?

Agreed that our fans didnt do themselves justice by running onto the pitch... They didnt act like madmen though !

What happens outside the ground is not our fault... I seen 4 landrovers heading in the Brandywell direction as I was heading home along the Foyle RD and thought to myself... uhh ohh

Tbf anyone running on the pitch is as bad as the other . I'd say one or two of our fans were worse cause they ran the whole field to confront Rovers fans only to get his head slapped in . Scumbags the lot of them