Finn Harps v Derry City Match

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Re: Finn Harps v Derry City Match

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:29 am Gone are the days when we used to routinely take 3 points of Harps everytime we played them.
Brandy what really hurts is that positions have altered we used to be the team they the workhorses now we are the nags they are embarrassing us time and time again it hurts

davybhoy
Manager
Manager

Post by davybhoy »

Why leave it so until the 70th minute to change things? Anyone watching the match could tell you we were very poor (like the last month). McGonigle looked lively when he came on but looks like we are trying our best to throw 4th away.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

What an awful game last night! Harps dominated throughout except for a few short spells late in second half.
What's gone wrong? 5 draws in the last 9 matches. We couild be a safe 4th if only 1 or 2 were wins.
There again I must allow for a poor start to season. Also look where we are in comparison to BOHS and DUNDALK. So I suppose we were foolish to dream after Ruairi's good start.
Agree with above in that we need several players next year better than current. A striker too who can gaurantee 10/15+ goals.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

kitwe wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:09 pm What an awful game last night! Harps dominated throughout except for a few short spells late in second half.
What's gone wrong? 5 draws in the last 9 matches. We couild be a safe 4th if only 1 or 2 were wins.
There again I must allow for a poor start to season. Also look where we are in comparison to BOHS and DUNDALK. So I suppose we were foolish to dream after Ruairi's good start.
Agree with above in that we need several players next year better than current. A striker too who can gaurantee 10/15+ goals.
Both could still overtake us.

Temple38

Post by Temple38 »

Seems to me people have very short memories, the same people that are calling the players chokers and bottlers are the the same people that after six games of the season we’re calling them the worst Derry team ever,I would like to put a different perspective on the teams current form, after a difficult start to the season the team then spent 5 months emptying the the tank for the club to get themselves away from the relegation area and if you keep emptying the tank there becomes a time when the tank doesn’t refill and that’s what’s happened to Derry the last month,they can’t finish any worse than 7th and after their start to the season that’s a result,premiership status confirmed and while they maybe not the best Derry team seen they are not quitters, they do not give up and their battling qualities are second to none, while Europe was a realistic chance it’s still been a good season from where they were and the team ethic is there for everyone to see, they are such a close knit unit you should be proud of them and not slagging them off because they didn’t get 3rd place and Europe,I stand with a lot of guys at home and away who feel the same and feel that Derry this year have over achieved but that’s just my take on it.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

^^^^^^ THIS

Temple38

Post by Temple38 »

Sorry should have gone in the race for Europe section

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Temple38 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:02 am Seems to me people have very short memories, the same people that are calling the players chokers and bottlers are the the same people that after six games of the season we’re calling them the worst Derry team ever,I would like to put a different perspective on the teams current form, after a difficult start to the season the team then spent 5 months emptying the the tank for the club to get themselves away from the relegation area and if you keep emptying the tank there becomes a time when the tank doesn’t refill and that’s what’s happened to Derry the last month,they can’t finish any worse than 7th and after their start to the season that’s a result,premiership status confirmed and while they maybe not the best Derry team seen they are not quitters, they do not give up and their battling qualities are second to none, while Europe was a realistic chance it’s still been a good season from where they were and the team ethic is there for everyone to see, they are such a close knit unit you should be proud of them and not slagging them off because they didn’t get 3rd place and Europe,I stand with a lot of guys at home and away who feel the same and feel that Derry this year have over achieved but that’s just my take on it.
Wise yourself up. You and anyone that thinks like this. No one is having a pop at the team. No one is having a pop at the manager. Everyone knows we've greatly over-achieved this season and everything now is a bonus. The team and manager at the start of this season were a disgrace and had to go. Changes were finally made though some on here still could not muster a bad word against them. The managerial change came far too late for my liking but since it happened we've improved and never looked back. Trying to make a thread out of fans disappointment that we are having a poor run and could slump back down to 6th is poor form. If we finish outside of the top 4 then we've only ourselves to blame. We worked damm hard to earn the possibility and it would be sad if we dont manage it. But it's a million miles better than what we ever expected.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:21 pm
Temple38 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:02 am Seems to me people have very short memories, the same people that are calling the players chokers and bottlers are the the same people that after six games of the season we’re calling them the worst Derry team ever,I would like to put a different perspective on the teams current form, after a difficult start to the season the team then spent 5 months emptying the the tank for the club to get themselves away from the relegation area and if you keep emptying the tank there becomes a time when the tank doesn’t refill and that’s what’s happened to Derry the last month,they can’t finish any worse than 7th and after their start to the season that’s a result,premiership status confirmed and while they maybe not the best Derry team seen they are not quitters, they do not give up and their battling qualities are second to none, while Europe was a realistic chance it’s still been a good season from where they were and the team ethic is there for everyone to see, they are such a close knit unit you should be proud of them and not slagging them off because they didn’t get 3rd place and Europe,I stand with a lot of guys at home and away who feel the same and feel that Derry this year have over achieved but that’s just my take on it.
Wise yourself up. You and anyone that thinks like this. No one is having a pop at the team. No one is having a pop at the manager. Everyone knows we've greatly over-achieved this season and everything now is a bonus. The team and manager at the start of this season were a disgrace and had to go. Changes were finally made though some on here still could not muster a bad word against them. The managerial change came far too late for my liking but since it happened we've improved and never looked back. Trying to make a thread out of fans disappointment that we are having a poor run and could slump back down to 6th is poor form. If we finish outside of the top 4 then we've only ourselves to blame. We worked damm hard to earn the possibility and it would be sad if we dont manage it. But it's a million miles better than what we ever expected.
^^^^^^^^This.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:14 pm
marcoloco wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:21 pm
^^^^^^^^This.
Marco got it in one Our disappointment is that having changed the season round there were 2 prizes in our grasp the Cup and Europe That we were down to play teams be;ow us then gave the fan s a boost We are fans after all we just want something to cheer . We are NOT calling for any ones head You seem to think our tank is empty. That doesn’t say much for other teams playing the same amt of games Their tank is low also I just think theincentive of Europe would have lifted us that bit over the others that would have taken full points , against what I see as lesser teams. We failed to do it. that’s hard as a fan but I for one go back and hope again So think of these posts as true fans feelings and don’t be so quick to pop blame on us esp,after the rousing support against Pats and Bohs

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Thanks Eugenio. It appears we're in a state of hyper attention now that any suggestion of the team not performing is perceived by some on here to be abject criticism of the entire coaching set up and players. Are we not allowed to express passion and disappointment, and after an unexpected sustained spell of great results that promised so much, to then see that promise unravel before our eyes? Anyone that claims not to be disappointed with a return of 3 points from 12 and watching our chances of Europe slip away should take up another sport, like curling. Something a bit more restrained. Fans are not robots or they shouldn't be. As for emptying the tank - i don't buy it either unless it was a very small tank. We are a full time professional club with big hopes. And I bet the coaches and players are hurting like hell too and not walking about congratulating themselves and eachother on avoiding relegation.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

marcoloco wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:40 pm Thanks Eugenio. It appears we're in a state of hyper attention now that any suggestion of the team not performing is perceived by some on here to be abject criticism of the entire coaching set up and players. Are we not allowed to express passion and disappointment, and after an unexpected sustained spell of great results that promised so much, to then see that promise unravel before our eyes? Anyone that claims not to be disappointed with a return of 3 points from 12 and watching our chances of Europe slip away should take up another sport, like curling. Something a bit more restrained. Fans are not robots or they shouldn't be. As for emptying the tank - i don't buy it either unless it was a very small tank. We are a full time professional club with big hopes. And I bet the coaches and players are hurting like hell too and not walking about congratulating themselves and eachother on avoiding relegation.
Spot on Marco we ate nor robots but passionate FANS