Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by danny hale »

KEVK wrote:Are those new support beams towards back row of Southend Park stand? Or were they always there?
First new 'supporters'!

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

doll wrote:
KEVK wrote:Are those new support beams towards back row of Southend Park stand? Or were they always there?
I noticed them as well and they look as if they are new.
Looks like they might obstruct the view in certain areas and seats.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

There are positioned at the back of the stand and obviously a requirement to provide extra support to the stand. We don't want a Cork like collapse on our hands.

At most it'll obstruct 2 or 3 seats directly behind. Hardly a big loss if it improves the stands stability.

What im more interested to know is how have they dealt with the massive slope down in the corner? Has that been levelled off? If so then it brings about 200 seats back into use that were useless with the grass pitch.

adydcfc
Reserves
Reserves

Post by adydcfc »

danny hale wrote:
First new 'supporters'!
Always been there but have been given a lick of paint

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

adydcfc wrote:
danny hale wrote:
First new 'supporters'!
Always been there but have been given a lick of paint
I thought they might have been there already, but just brightened up and more noticeable now.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

I thought so too - just repainted.
Slope long gone. pitch completely level.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

doll wrote:Here are a couple of photos taken from the cemetery today. Not great quality but they show the progress with the pitch........

A very encouraging sight Doll - thanks for posting.

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

marcoloco wrote: What im more interested to know is how have they dealt with the massive slope down in the corner? Has that been levelled off? If so then it brings about 200 seats back into use that were useless with the grass pitch.
Whole pitch was dug up and the remaining surface levelled out...

STANDUP

Post by STANDUP »

Spoke with fellow in Rathmore who says work back on schedule

mickyroddy

Post by mickyroddy »

Season tickets are selling fast for new Mark Farren stand... it may well sell out ... so get up to rathmore if u want one .. all is back on track ... bring it on ... 1985 all over again ...going back to the brandywell .. if u dont get a seat bring a crate.

beanomoracova

Post by beanomoracova »

mickyroddy wrote:Season tickets are selling fast for new Mark Farren stand... it may well sell out
So you're saying we're gonna shift over 1000 season tickets this year? If that's true it is really fantastic news!! All we need now is for KS and the squad to do the business to keep everyone coming back for more :D

Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chalkie »

beanomoracova wrote:
mickyroddy wrote:Season tickets are selling fast for new Mark Farren stand... it may well sell out
So you're saying we're gonna shift over 1000 season tickets this year? If that's true it is really fantastic news!! All we need now is for KS and the squad to do the business to keep everyone coming back for more :D
I'd be really pleased if we could achieve 600 season ticket-holders and I do think that that is achievable.

We sold approximately 300 last year so I think that if we can keep up the momentum which was built up prior to Christmas and if the club can market it more in the next 4 weeks, we could more than double the 300 we sold last season.

It would be great if we could sell 1,000 some year but let's aim for 600 this season.

mickyroddy

Post by mickyroddy »

Chalkie wrote:
beanomoracova wrote:
I'd be really pleased if we could achieve 600 season ticket-holders and I do think that that is achievable.

We sold approximately 300 last year so I think that if we can keep up the momentum which was built up prior to Christmas and if the club can market it more in the next 4 weeks, we could more than double the 300 we sold last season.

It would be great if we could sell 1,000 some year but let's aim for 600 this season.
Chalkie , all positive ... Im not sure how up to date - you are with the current Sales but most seats are sold out on upper Rightside and leftside of Mark Farren stand .
The Lower areas still have availability but I would have thought looking at plan at least 50% if not more has been sold . I know people that have bought over the past few days that never before held a season ticket.
Barry Davey has been busy in the office this weekend.
No one seems to know if perspex will be added to the sides of the new stand to offer protection from the elements .
I think Gary Ferry will now have to update his article on completion date , a few local rumor mongers were also stating it not be ready until the summer . I'm glad to see that Derry city have set up an event page for the first match v Sligo . And the latest photos of the pitch almost laid have helped to regain the momentum .
I also know some season ticket holders that are remaining on their old southend stand seats
If Derry city can get off to a good start like last year and the new players shine... we could have a very busy brandywell .
All I am saying is , anyone that wants a decent seat in Mark Farren stand with bar access may have to act fast !

daniel

Post by daniel »

Looking at the plansit seems it will be open to the elements.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

I know I’ve asked this before but on New Stand side will standing area be avail Have already got season ticket but some timesI just like to stand And enjoy the banter of course

Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chalkie »

mickyroddy wrote:Chalkie , all positive ... Im not sure how up to date - you are with the current Sales but most seats are sold out on upper Rightside and leftside of Mark Farren stand .
The Lower areas still have availability but I would have thought looking at plan at least 50% if not more has been sold . I know people that have bought over the past few days that never before held a season ticket.
Barry Davey has been busy in the office this weekend.
No one seems to know if perspex will be added to the sides of the new stand to offer protection from the elements .
I think Gary Ferry will now have to update his article on completion date , a few local rumor mongers were also stating it not be ready until the summer . I'm glad to see that Derry city have set up an event page for the first match v Sligo . And the latest photos of the pitch almost laid have helped to regain the momentum .
I also know some season ticket holders that are remaining on their old southend stand seats
If Derry city can get off to a good start like last year and the new players shine... we could have a very busy brandywell .
All I am saying is , anyone that wants a decent seat in Mark Farren stand with bar access may have to act fast !

You're right, mickyroddy, I'm not up-to-date on season ticket sales. The last figure I was told was 300 sold and that was on 23rd December. I haven't been told any new figures since then.

I would be delighted if it was 600 or 700 already. We have to remember that people always leave things to the last minute as well so we might see another boost in the first two weeks of February.

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

Anybody got a drone who take a photo above the brandywell to show an inside view of how it has progressed so far then air brush it with a packed crowd and teams and dogs looking over the wall.

MariborKev

Post by MariborKev »

mickyroddy wrote:. I'm glad to see that Derry city have set up an event page for the first match v Sligo . And the latest photos of the pitch almost laid have helped to regain the momentum .
For the avoidance of any doubt - that "event" is nothing to do with the club and is set up by an unofficial page.

mickyroddy

Post by mickyroddy »

MariborKev wrote:
mickyroddy wrote:. I'm glad to see that Derry city have set up an event page for the first match v Sligo . And the latest photos of the pitch almost laid have helped to regain the momentum .
For the avoidance of any doubt - that "event" is nothing to do with the club and is set up by an unofficial page.
Kevin , I was unaware that page was unofficial ??? Its Derry city Fc news and updates ... It gave an official Christmas greeting from Derrycityfc.net & Derry City FC .
Pushing city cubs and season tickets.
Showing the latest training videos and up to date photos of the Brandywell .
If this is nothing to do OFFICIALLY with Derry City Fc... Some one has given up there time to give
good promotional and marketing for the club .
I actually thought it was our marketing officer that done this ... Surely it should be welcomed ..
And the events page in my opinion will help season ticket sales .
I hope your dismissal of this is not sour grapes and why would you not support it ?

MariborKev

Post by MariborKev »

Micky,

I welcome all volunteer lead efforts - the more the merrier.

As you say, great to see more coverage of the club.

However I am merely pointing out that anyone taking this as any confirmation about the stadium would be mistaken. Any updates etc on the club and stadium will be published on the club website and replicated across social media.