Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
KEVK
First Team
First Team

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by KEVK »

keenan85 wrote:
cousin kev wrote:Listened to the podcast with Orlaith Meenan,and she claimed that club (to paraphrase) aren't too concerned with redevelopment as a means of generating income which is a bit of a contradiction with the position of POD. and DC CHAT negativity around the issue. OFF to a flyer our Orlaith. :roll:
endearing herself already.
I would assume what Orlaith means is that she wants to improve income streams from areas that she can control i.e. merchandising. The stadium redevelopment is a shambles but there is little she can do about it, POD and his only show in town comments have left us with no alternative plans and at the mercy of incompetent politicians.
Orlaith stated that her main priority is securing sponsorship for next season.

Stadium redevelopment which is to include hospitality suites will play a huge part in that as it will be more attractive to potential and new sponsors for match sponsorship/corporate packages, etc.

keenan85

Post by keenan85 »

KEVK wrote:
keenan85 wrote:
cousin kev wrote:Listened to the podcast with Orlaith Meenan,and she claimed that club (to paraphrase) aren't too concerned with redevelopment as a means of generating income which is a bit of a contradiction with the position of POD. and DC CHAT negativity around the issue. OFF to a flyer our Orlaith. :roll:
endearing herself already.
I would assume what Orlaith means is that she wants to improve income streams from areas that she can control i.e. merchandising. The stadium redevelopment is a shambles but there is little she can do about it, POD and his only show in town comments have left us with no alternative plans and at the mercy of incompetent politicians.
Orlaith stated that her main priority is securing sponsorship for next season.

Stadium redevelopment which is to include hospitality suites will play a huge part in that as it will be more attractive to potential and new sponsors for match sponsorship/corporate packages, etc.

I get that but she can only do this if the proposed redevelopment happens, something which Orlaith does not control. At the moment she can only improve income stream which guaranteed to be there from next season, the work on merchandising so far has been great but unless she's going to redevelop the stadium herself all potential new sponsorship via hospitality suites/corporate packages remain just that, potential. I will assume that the leg work will be done should the redevelopment happen but as with most Derry fans regarding the stadium I wont believe it until I'm sitting in it.

paul60
First Team
First Team

Post by paul60 »

:evil: council

davy_g
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by davy_g »

Dundalk going back to a grass pitch ;)

https://www.facebook.com/AirtricityLeag ... ED&fref=nf

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

They need a new ground first !

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Work on the ground will HOPEFULLY start in october according to pod at the meeting tonight.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

shauna wrote:Work on the ground will HOPEFULLY start in october according to pod at the meeting tonight.
And there's the important word.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

He said time lines and starting dates for work are nothing to do with the club cause the council own the place so everything revolves around them but if work starts in october then we will probably have to play the first few months of next season at maginn park.

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

Can't let this topic slip of the front page!

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

Thread started Friday 20th March 2015...
30 pages long
24 thousand 681 views to date
588 replies

And still not a sod turned...

This forum was started over 10 years ago and we were talking about it then... Roll on 2020 when we will still probably be talking about it...

I hope I'm wrong but as the old saying goes.... "I'LL BELEIVE IT WHEN I'M SITTING IN IT"

City89

Post by City89 »

Greengo wrote:Thread started Friday 20th March 2015...
30 pages long
24 thousand 681 views to date
588 replies

And still not a sod turned...

This forum was started over 10 years ago and we were talking about it then... Roll on 2020 when we will still probably be talking about it...

I hope I'm wrong but as the old saying goes.... "I'LL BELEIVE IT WHEN I'M SITTING IN IT"

I have a match programme at home somewhere from the early 1990's and they where talking about it in that too. :shock:

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Pity we weren't in Belfast, it would have been sorted years ago.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Keyser Soze wrote:Pity we weren't in Belfast, it would have been sorted years ago.
Agreed, we should all be marching to windsor avenue on friday instead of the brandywell to protest about Belfast getting everything and its got so bad now up here that we arnt even getting the scraps anymore never mind the things we deserve.

davy_g
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by davy_g »

shauna wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Pity we weren't in Belfast, it would have been sorted years ago.
Agreed, we should all be marching to windsor avenue on friday instead of the brandywell to protest about Belfast getting everything and its got so bad now up here that we arnt even getting the scraps anymore never mind the things we deserve.
Very true, two brand new stadiums already built within the timescale being discussed and the the third stadium that is being imposed on the local residents of West Belfast will be up very shortly. Meanwhile, nothing changes in the good ol North West.

paul60
First Team
First Team

Post by paul60 »

Brandywell Stadium Development

Should be titled " Brandywell Stadium White Elephant"

mightymccourt

Post by mightymccourt »

I'm led to believe there was some chat about it in the late 60's. That is almost 50 years ago. 50 years. That is correct, I said 50 years. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

mightymccourt wrote:I'm led to believe there was some chat about it in the late 60's. That is almost 50 years ago. 50 years. That is correct, I said 50 years. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well give the council there dues they did redevelop the southend park side and install floodlights in the late 80's

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

shauna wrote:
mightymccourt wrote:I'm led to believe there was some chat about it in the late 60's. That is almost 50 years ago. 50 years. That is correct, I said 50 years. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well give the council there dues they did redevelop the southend park side and install floodlights in the late 80's
Is that a sarcastic comment Shauna?

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

Keyser Soze wrote:
shauna wrote:
Is that a sarcastic comment Shauna?
Certainly not, its just a statement of fact that its untrue to say there has been no work done on the ground in 50 years.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Well to be fair, its almost 30 years since the last works done too.

Thats why I thought you were saying it with tongue in cheek.

As for the argument over Derrys 3G/4G pitch, another interesting article:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 34963.html