Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
shauna
First Team
First Team

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by shauna »

eugenio wrote:Anyone see the Southend Stand end where huge girders are pinned to the surrounding wall. The whole length of the stand. It looks frightening to say the least
Thats only to shore up the perimeter wall eugenio nothing to do with the stand itself its perfectly safe.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

shauna wrote:
eugenio wrote:Anyone see the Southend Stand end where huge girders are pinned to the surrounding wall. The whole length of the stand. It looks frightening to say the least
Thats only to shore up the perimeter wall eugenio nothing to do with the stand itself its perfectly safe.
Shauna I'm taking no chances I'm standing in the cemetary from now on lol lol lo, :D :D Might
get more action in there anyway only kidding dying to get in there :lol: :lol:

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

eugenio wrote:
shauna wrote:
Shauna I'm taking no chances I'm standing in the cemetary from now on lol lol lo, :D :D Might
get more action in there anyway only kidding dying to get in there :lol: :lol:
If you stand in the cemetary too long there's a risk some wee scrote will vandalise you ! :D

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Seen Martin announcing 300 more highly paid jobs for his beloved Belfast earlier.

Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said: "Tullett Prebon creating 300 new jobs and choosing to locate their new technology centre here is terrific news. The new jobs will offer an average salary of £33,000, providing excellent opportunities for graduate and experienced IT professionals as well as school leavers."

Shame he couldn't try to do more for his hometown.

Will we ever sit in a new, redeveloped Brandywell? Its the least they could throw us scumbags down here, isn't it? Its not like we are asking for £8mill like the Glens got.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

In the council's hands according to last podcast so nothing to report.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

rodgers wrote:In the council's hands according to last podcast so nothing to report.
Fcuk the council there not capable of doing anything right and fcuk mcguiness and his cronies for abandoning his home town.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

A few weeks back word had come back that the Council was putting it back to tender as the 3 contractors in for the job was over budget. I believe this was already in the Journal in the last few weeks (according to Greengo on Monday). Has anyone seen this re-advertised?

Dazzy

Post by Dazzy »

TenaciousDee wrote:A few weeks back word had come back that the Council was putting it back to tender as the 3 contractors in for the job was over budget. I believe this was already in the Journal in the last few weeks (according to Greengo on Monday). Has anyone seen this re-advertised?
It's not in the councils list of tenders, so no idea where they advertise it.

DerryCityFC

Post by DerryCityFC »

Hi all,

The club are having a meeting with the council tomorrow to find out what is going on with the new Brandywell Stadium. I will give an update on here and our social media streams as soon as the meeting is over.

Kindest Regards
Orlaith
Commercial & Marketing Manager

martinbradleey

Post by martinbradleey »

Great stuff Oraith, this is what the fans have been looking for, keep it up and keep us in the loop.

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

Good stuff !

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

We need some progress FFS it's only a small job , has anyone seen the new Windsor , built in two years
Amateurs !

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

rodgers wrote:In the council's hands according to last podcast so nothing to report.
Councils hands, don't think they do much other than sit on them.
Their priority is Health & Safety, that is of their jobs. They have some great workers who don't have the clout to be effective in managing loafers. Gerry mandering was supposed to have gone but it may have taken another form.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

johnm wrote:
Councils hands, don't think they do much other than sit on them.
Their priority is Health & Safety, that is of their jobs. They have some great workers who don't have the clout to be effective in managing loafers. Gerry mandering was supposed to have gone but it may have taken another form.
Indeed, the old bigoted "londonderry corporation" would have had the brandywell project done by now and thats saying something.

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

DerryCityFC wrote:Hi all,

The club are having a meeting with the council tomorrow to find out what is going on with the new Brandywell Stadium. I will give an update on here and our social media streams as soon as the meeting is over.

Kindest Regards
Orlaith
How did the meeting go yesterday orlaith, hopefully you have some good news to report.

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

shauna wrote:

Kindest Regards
Orlaith
How did the meeting go yesterday orlaith, hopefully you have some good news to report.
24 hrs later,they must be still thrashing out the details or theres more bad news on the horizon.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

cousin kev wrote:
shauna wrote:

Kindest Regards
Orlaith
24 hrs later,they must be still thrashing out the details or theres more bad news on the horizon.
I assumed the reference to the meeting was a typo, as I can't see any way anyone in the council would be working on a Sunday ! :D

shauna
First Team
First Team

Post by shauna »

I guess your right cause they never do much work monday to friday so they certainly wouldn't be doing any on a weekend :shock:

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

TenaciousDee wrote:A few weeks back word had come back that the Council was putting it back to tender as the 3 contractors in for the job was over budget. I believe this was already in the Journal in the last few weeks (according to Greengo on Monday). Has anyone seen this re-advertised?
Some contractors have inflated prices for work, so even though I want the development to go ahead I don't want to be held to ransom for it. These council lists of contractors should be widen to get the best deal for us while at the same time cut out the brown envelope brigade.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

johnm wrote:
Some contractors have inflated prices for work, so even though I want the development to go ahead I don't want to be held to ransom for it. These council lists of contractors should be widen to get the best deal for us while at the same time cut out the brown envelope brigade.
Surely if you put it out to tender, those interested put in their bid and you go with the lowest price from a competent contractor ? So if some others inflate their tender prices it doesn't matter - you still go with the lowest competent price.

Unless there's collusion between those tendering in order to rig the prices. Very hard to prove if it happens, very serious if it does.