Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Resurrection?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 pm 

Is there any hope of resurrecting this Trust in 2011?

There are so many things we can get involved in- just look at the work of Glentoran, Galway, Foras etc

Just throwing this out there to guage opinions

;)

Post subject: Re: Resurrection?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

As I have stated in previous threads I would like it to resurrect so the Legends can have a committee to help them in their fundraising efforts and I am more than happy to take responsibility on that front.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 am 
Manager
Manager

If the Trust makes a comeback then I'd like to see it concentrate on the stadium issue. Whatever it raises during the year in membership and fundraising should be set to one side (or the vast majority of it) for the stadium. I'm thinking long term.

This may be a complete non starter but if the fans - through the trust - really got behind this then maybe in say 20 years they maybe in a position to have purchased at the very least a piece of land. This could be then gifted, leased to DCFC......I'l stop talking. Steve Bradley will know what I'm talking about lol.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

The trust has died on it's arse due to the apathy of fans. I was speaking to Dee about this a while back as I would love to help out, but there simply isn't enough people willing to put time in to make it work at the minute

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's the same as anything else at DCFC, Vinny, there isn't any interest in volunteering to do things or help out with thngs.

For example, there are about 5 people on the Development Committee and about 3 or 4 on the Programme Committee.

Chalkie

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just out of curiosity then, now that this is dead, how do we get the money back we paid? Im sure i read before Kev saying it was in a bank account...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Supporters Direct have a fan project about to start for the LOI - part-funded by the EU - so there will be a bit of work happenign in the next few months over trying to increase fan involvement in clubs.

There is also a new fan body for LOI supporters in the early stages of being established as well, and there's talk of them holding a regional event in Derry.

So it's shame that with this sort of stuff happening we can't find a handful of people based in the city who want to help get the Trust going :(

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

stevebradley wrote:
Supporters Direct have a fan project about to start for the LOI - part-funded by the EU - so there will be a bit of work happenign in the next few months over trying to increase fan involvement in clubs.

There is also a new fan body for LOI supporters in the early stages of being established as well, and there's talk of them holding a regional event in Derry.

So it's shame that with this sort of stuff happening we can't find a handful of people based in the city who want to help get the Trust going :(

A shame? It's a disgrace. Fans are all too quick to whinge and slag and moan, but there is a significant number among our support who have the time and capability to make a difference but just couldn't be arsed.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

BrendyH wrote:
stevebradley wrote:

A shame? It's a disgrace. Fans are all too quick to whinge and slag and moan, but there is a significant number among our support who have the time and capability to make a difference but just couldn't be arsed.

Brendy it's just typical. Plenty of great ideas just so long as some one else does them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust