Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 am 
Reserves
Reserves

Supporters Trust...What a Fanfare heralded the answer to our prayers...members paid their dues...MK promising to kill dead things and now all i can hear is a Simon and Garfunkel song playing in the background....Time for answers i think.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Its Stephen Kennys Fault!!! Sack the board!!!!

Wise up ya muppet! your clearly not happy with the club at the moment and lahsing out at anything that passes!

If your that concerned I can give you an email addres so you can contribute to something useful instead of snipping from the sidelines!!!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Derry Lad im really really really sorry for expresses my views...did i miss something...didnt the Supporters Trust take membership money off ordinary Supporters who believed that they would be paying into a Trust that would actually do something other than bemoan the fact that they didnt live in Derry anymore and really didnt have the time to stand over what they originally said they would do?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 pm 

WN,

As I have stated in a few posts on here, if anyone wants to take it on I am more than happy to meet them on it.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm 

MariborKev wrote:
WN,

As I have stated in a few posts on here, if anyone wants to take it on I am more than happy to meet them on it.

Could I ask what the initial membership fees where used for. I am sure they went to the club just don't recall being told about it since I joined. Cheers. Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:17 pm 

Seems surprising that after what ye went through last year there's no one that will take this on. Surely ye can see the value.

Things go wrong, be ready. If we didnt have a supporters trust down here in Cork, we wouldn't have a club right now.

It's hard work, its gruelling and hopefully it'l never be for anything but fundraising and investing in capital projects etc, but ye could end up regretting it if ye leave this die.

Good luck

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

micls wrote:
Seems surprising that after what ye went through last year there's no one that will take this on. Surely ye can see the value.

Things go wrong, be ready. If we didnt have a supporters trust down here in Cork, we wouldn't have a club right now.

It's hard work, its gruelling and hopefully it'l never be for anything but fundraising and investing in capital projects etc, but ye could end up regretting it if ye leave this die.

Good luck

Hi Micls, I think your right! In my mind the trust was setup to save the club at a time when things looked bleak! Then the current board took things in hand very quickly and everyone cooled on the trust!

In answer to the others as to what happened with the money AFAIK not very much! The trust NEEDS an AGM legally before it can do anything, unfortunately timing and someone to drive it through has been lacking, I know I haven’t got the time at the minute!

The trust can go down a number of routes:
Build a war chest (like the cork lads have done) in the event that disaster strikes again
Buy shares in the current club and try to win representation on the board for supporters

All nice aspirations but if the trust doesn’t have people to “do something” it will carry on in a dormant state.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:50 pm 

MaimingMcCann wrote:
MariborKev wrote:
WN,

Could I ask what the initial membership fees where used for. I am sure they went to the club just don't recall being told about it since I joined. Cheers. Thanks.

Still sitting in a bank account.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

There was on thing I wanted the Trust to commit to and I was more than willing to take charge of this aspect as the link below shows. If the Trust is going to restart I am more than happy to discuss it further.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6516

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 am 
Manager
Manager

Dee, PM me your email address, and we'll get a few heads together.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust