Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Please tell me after all the procrastination what exactly has the Supporters Trust acheived to date?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Procrastination?

These are people with full time jobs trying do to something to help our football club. Wise up!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well said Pele. Mind you its not hard to understand why it has seemed to come to a stand still... some bright spark let The Bad Man Brendy Carroll get involved!! :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

So what have they done?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bided their time and not rushed in like some fools I could mention ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

who could you mention?????

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

some fools

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 am 
Manager
Manager

wee nick wrote:
Please tell me after all the procrastination what exactly has the Supporters Trust acheived to date?

I was initially involved with the relaunch of the ST last December, but unfortunately a transfer to belfast and other personal issues put paid to my continued involvement. But the one thing that I did notice was that it was the same heads over and over again, the same people giving their time, energy, commitment and imagination to try and get the club more connected with the community.

unfortunately, i have come to the conclusion that the majority of derry people are sheep. no one wants to make decisions, and everyone wants to stand and snipe from the sidelines, yourself included. if it really bothers you that much, bring an idea, scheme, thought anything forward, get it planned, researched developed and organised.

the supporters trust is about the supporters, all of them, not just the same people who work tirelessly with fund raising ideas, ideas to improve the atmosphere at games, ideas to promote the club amongst the city, and ye know what, its pretty disheartening to watch. ive seen some great city fans have their spirit and love of this club belittled, battered and broken by petty small minded begrudgers. if you want the ST to do something, then do it yourself. otherwise, STFU.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

shantykelly wrote:
if you want the ST to do something, then do it yourself. otherwise, STFU.

Supporters Trust, Forever United.

:D

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 am 
Manager
Manager

PauliAlonso wrote:
shantykelly wrote:
if you want the ST to do something, then do it yourself. otherwise, STFU.

Supporters Trust, Forever United.

:D

i like my interpretation better.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

shantykelly wrote:
wee nick wrote:

I was initially involved with the relaunch of the ST last December, but unfortunately a transfer to belfast and other personal issues put paid to my continued involvement. But the one thing that I did notice was that it was the same heads over and over again, the same people giving their time, energy, commitment and imagination to try and get the club more connected with the community.

unfortunately, i have come to the conclusion that the majority of derry people are sheep. no one wants to make decisions, and everyone wants to stand and snipe from the sidelines, yourself included. if it really bothers you that much, bring an idea, scheme, thought anything forward, get it planned, researched developed and organised.

the supporters trust is about the supporters, all of them, not just the same people who work tirelessly with fund raising ideas, ideas to improve the atmosphere at games, ideas to promote the club amongst the city, and ye know what, its pretty disheartening to watch. ive seen some great city fans have their spirit and love of this club belittled, battered and broken by petty small minded begrudgers. if you want the ST to do something, then do it yourself. otherwise, STFU.

Well said!

Imagine the guys trying to get the ST up and running putting their jobs first! pfffttt the cheek!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 pm 
First Team
First Team

There was meant to be an agm way back in jan feb time, grand talk about a member of the trust joing the board, it never happened i payed a tenner to join the supporters trust back in december during the info evening all i have received was a receipt for my tenner that night no correspondence since. Im not worried about the tenner as i have put it down as a donation to the club but sadly it seems that this supporters trust idea is dead in the water.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:10 am 

Apollo(and others)

True concerns and valid criticism- what can I say, nothing has happened.

We did have a couple of meetings of the group that were involved a few months back but it has died away again.

Too be honest, anything I say is just going to sound like an excuse. As I said at the meeting in December, both Niall and myself don't live or work in Derry and we were happy to enough to hand it on to anyone who was interested.

Take the likes of shanty, who has had to move away and the fact that several others who were involved have subsequently become involved in other committees in the club. What does that sound like, a poor excuse and that is all that it is.

We have been trying to put together a letter to members but we've had a delay(you laugh) as some the membership information was corrupted and we have been trying to put it together again(based on trying to extract the info from Paypal etc) so as to try and put together a full database.

Wee nick, you can throw the jibes about hoodies about and fair enough but at least those things are achieveable. I am more than happy to meet up with anyone(individually or collectively) who would be interest in taking the group forward.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 am 
Manager
Manager

dont we have a meeting on Sunday???

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust