Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: will it?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Will this ever happen? What stage did it get to before it was put on hold? What needs to be done to resurrect this?

Post subject: Re: will it?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 am 
Manager
Manager

It needs a small but dedicated team (no less than 5 people IMO) to take a lead on making it happen.

Ideally all of them, or at least most of them, should be based in the city or nearby.

There's a lot of help and advice available from groups like Supporters Direct, and from other Irish clubs with supporters' Trusts (Cork, Sligo, Glentoran). Getting people with the ability, location and desire to put a bit of time into it is the starting point.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Where you involved before Steve? I'm not sure what exactly was involved, and what more is needed, but i would be willing to try help get this going, obviously though as you say, it would need more people than just me.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:18 am 
Manager
Manager

daniel wrote:
Where you involved before Steve? I'm not sure what exactly was involved, and what more is needed, but i would be willing to try help get this going, obviously though as you say, it would need more people than just me.

I wasn't involved Daniel - beyond being keen to see it happen and being a member - as I'm not based anywhere near Derry. Maribor was one of the prime movers, but I can't remember who else was involved (Niall Conway ? Chalkie ?).

I did a year as Chair of a Supporters Trust at a club in England, where we were the largest single shareholder (still had only 18% mind). As with most things in life, a small number of people are left to do the work that many more people would like to see happen. That's just human nature, so no point getting upset about it :D

Have a word with Maribor, as he knows the story from before and has a good understanding of what's involved in an ST. I do think we could really do with an organised supporters Trust at DCFC, so would be great if you were able to help make it happen.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Are cork still run by foras?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust