Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: Supporters Trust
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:02 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Having seen Cork splash the cash recently and having heard about the success of their supporters' Trust, I was wondering what happened to our S.T. Having subscribed to it and attended the initial meeting in the millennium, I haven't heard much about it since.

Post subject: Re: Supporters Trust
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 pm 

I was also there and paid money up front for membership and have not heard anything since

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Basically the trust has done nothing because of supporter apathy. The structures are there in place, but no one wants to take it forward.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

BrendyH wrote:
Basically the trust has done nothing because of supporter apathy. The structures are there in place, but no one wants to take it forward.

If the interest and demand for the trust wasnt there two years ago with the club about to go extinct
and still isnt there with the state of the ground, and everyone seeing
the success of rovers powering ahead year after year all based on their
new stadium, I really cant see how it ever will.

Last edited by gary on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

BrendyH wrote:

You're exactly right Brendy, but that apathy doesn't stop them telling everyone what is wrong with the club and the stadium, and what everyone else should be doing to correct it all.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

BrendyH wrote:

Does that mean it is non-existent. What happened to our subscriptions?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Santos wrote:
BrendyH wrote:

Im pretty sure ots all still there and ready to be taken forward if anyone is willng to bother,
Most of the people pushing to set it up no longer live in Derry,
And there is no real demand from fans based local to do anything with it :cry:

Its a real pity as its a real missed opportunity, with the state of the stadium

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Davy wrote:
BrendyH wrote:

You're exactly right Brendy, but that apathy doesn't stop them telling everyone what is wrong with the club and the stadium, and what everyone else should be doing to correct it all.

Who are "them" ? :?

How's about you help get things moving again on the Supporters' Trust front Davy ? You're based in Derry and are very keen on telling everyone that volunteering to help the club out is the way forward, so here's a good chance to be the change you'd like to see.

Any interest ?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

There was alot of stuff done to get it registered etc. If any of those guys could let us know or pm me as to exactly what needs done id probably be able to lend a bit of timw.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

gary wrote:
Santos wrote:
BrendyH wrote:

Im pretty sure ots all still there and ready to be taken forward if anyone is willng to bother,
Most of the people pushing to set it up no longer live in Derry,
And there is no real demand from fans based local to do anything with it :cry:

Its a real pity as its a real missed opportunity, with the state of the stadium

I do think that those who did set it up had a duty to tell us what was happening. I did not receive any correspondence in terms of progress or lack of progress. Would be interested in a meeting to try and move it forward or to see where the problems are. I think one should be careful when generalising about fan apathy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

stevebradley wrote:
Davy wrote:
BrendyH wrote:

How's about you help get things moving again on the Supporters' Trust front Davy ? You're based in Derry and are very keen on telling everyone that volunteering to help the club out is the way forward, so here's a good chance to be the change you'd like to see.

Any interest ?

Who are "them" ? Brendy talks about 'supporter apathy', and respond by saying 'that apathy doesn't stop them etc' and you don't know who 'them' are. Sometimes i wonder at your thinking, as i think you are always willing to knock the poster not the post.

Anyway, that's a very good suggestion Steve, you think i might be the one who could get the supporters trust up and running. You think a man who is almost 68 years old, and for reasons i won't go into here doesn't drive anymore, should get the supporters trust moving along. And if it's any interest to you, i was there at the first meeting of the trust.

I put my self forward and got heavily involved with many ventures related to the club, especially the program committee, when in our first year we made the club well over £20000. I went out and knocked on doors and persuaded business's to hand over their hard earned money to Derry City. And for everyone who came across there was another ten where you were knocked back. But i was amply rewarded when i was made a Lifelong member of Derry City FC.

I would still be involved but for the reasons i have already mentioned. As for yourself Steve, no one on here is more vociferous on what is wrong with the club than you. And i just wonder if you lived here would you have so much to say, but you not living here is your get out of jail card.

So have you any other ideas on who might move this forward? Or was it just another jibe at me?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Davy wrote:
stevebradley wrote:
Davy wrote:

Any interest ?

Who are "them" ? Brendy talks about 'supporter apathy', and respond by saying 'that apathy doesn't stop them etc' and you don't know who 'them' are. Sometimes i wonder at your thinking, as i think you are always willing to knock the poster not the post.

Anyway, that's a very good suggestion Steve, you think i might be the one who could get the supporters trust up and running. You think a man who is almost 68 years old, and for reasons i won't go into here doesn't drive anymore, should get the supporters trust moving along. And if it's any interest to you, i was there at the first meeting of the trust.

I put my self forward and got heavily involved with many ventures related to the club, especially the program committee, when in our first year we made the club well over £20000. I went out and knocked on doors and persuaded business's to hand over their hard earned money to Derry City. And for everyone who came across there was another ten where you were knocked back. But i was amply rewarded when i was made a Lifelong member of Derry City FC.

I would still be involved but for the reasons i have already mentioned. As for yourself Steve, no one on here is more vociferous on what is wrong with the club than you. And i just wonder if you lived here would you have so much to say, but you not living here is your get out of jail card.

So have you any other ideas on who might move this forward? Or was it just another jibe at me?

Davy - your defensiveness is very telling. I have no idea of your personal situation, but as you are always giving out about not enough people volunteering it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to expect someone to ask you would you like to volunteer for something at some point.

The 'them' bit was your reference to "it doesn't stop them telling everyone what is wrong with the club and the stadium". Who are 'them' in that context ? Flip that stick you've got round to the other end lad.... ;)

As for your lame swipe that not living in Derry is a get out of jail card for me. All you need to know is that I'm heavily involved in my community where I live, and I also work with a Supporters Trust at a football club where I used to live that is about 100 miles away from me. Plus I've done what I can for DCFC from a distance (e.g. merchandise). I'm certainly not one of life's spectators, so sorry to ruin your wee dig mucker :D x

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Santos wrote:
BrendyH wrote:

Santos,

The subscriptions are still in a bank account. The people who 'set up' the trust were all young guys, none of whom were based in Derry. The aim was to get the legal foundations in place, and then for people based in Derry to carry it forward. I went to a steering group around the time of Wellvan going bust, and on that occasion there was only a handful of people based in Derry, and no one wanted to take a leadership role. It was agreed very early on that the trust could not be run from outside the city.

The trust is still there, waiting to be used and taken forward. It's just a pity no one either has the time, capability or desire to do so.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

steve bradley do you know Davy at all as a person or just as a poster? it always sad , for me, to see this type of post. Davy Doherty is a fine fine man. He travels the length of Ireland and has a fierce passion for our club. He often disagrees with me although we are both the same generation but he is respectful and sincere. It hurts me to read some of the language of posts against each other. We all want one thing whats best for the club we love... pulling together is the best surely.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

eugenio wrote:
steve bradley do you know Davy at all as a person or just as a poster? it always sad , for me, to see this type of post. Davy Doherty is a fine fine man. He travels the length of Ireland and has a fierce passion for our club. He often disagrees with me although we are both the same generation but he is respectful and sincere. It hurts me to read some of the language of posts against each other. We all want one thing whats best for the club we love... pulling together is the best surely.

All I know of Davy is what I read from him on here Eugenio.

Usually butter-wouldn't-melt-in-mouth WUMming, with a cherry of snide digs on top.... :) (Exhibit A above).

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:02 am 
Manager
Manager

trying to get my head around lots of things here. I go on for info, a bit of craic then sometimes I get savaged. Think i'm out of my depth but its our club and there's room for all Too old for new technology perhaps but when the stripes run out aaagh then all is all. Thanks for reply anyhow.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

BrendyH wrote:
Santos wrote:
BrendyH wrote:

Santos,

The subscriptions are still in a bank account. The people who 'set up' the trust were all young guys, none of whom were based in Derry. The aim was to get the legal foundations in place, and then for people based in Derry to carry it forward. I went to a steering group around the time of Wellvan going bust, and on that occasion there was only a handful of people based in Derry, and no one wanted to take a leadership role. It was agreed very early on that the trust could not be run from outside the city.

The trust is still there, waiting to be used and taken forward. It's just a pity no one either has the time, capability or desire to do so.

Do you live in Derry BrendyH?

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust