Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: ST Interim Committee
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quick update: The working group for the Trust currently consists of the following:
Chairman: Eoin Kelly / shantykelly
Vice-Chairman: Hugh Curran / john james
Secretary: Noel McDaid / Derrylad
Treasurer: Brendan Carroll / brendy_éire
Supporters Club Liaison: Barry Owens / barryo & Brendan Henderson / BrendyH

There are other folks working away behind the scenes as well, these are just the public targets. any questions, fire away.

Post subject: Re: ST Interim Committee
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fair play lads ... and good luck!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:53 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Is that Noel McDaid the Brandywell groundsman?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

nope.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Good luck guys (might have known that big Hugh would volunteer for anything to do with vice, lol)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:28 pm 

Will the supporters trust actually start to do something for the club at any stage? To date not a single thing, as far as I can see, has ever been done to assist the club. If it does start to practically help our club then I'd be keen to get involved as in theory its a great idea - otherwise I don't see the point if its simply a forum for complaining or giving others 'great ideas' but no manpower or ability to actually contribute anything positive. Maybe I'm not aware of what has actually been done but as far as I can see its amounted to zero to this point

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

An Fear Ciúin wrote:
Will the supporters trust actually start to do something for the club at any stage? To date not a single thing, as far as I can see, has ever been done to assist the club. If it does start to practically help our club then I'd be keen to get involved as in theory its a great idea - otherwise I don't see the point if its simply a forum for complaining or giving others 'great ideas' but no manpower or ability to actually contribute anything positive. Maybe I'm not aware of what has actually been done but as far as I can see its amounted to zero to this point

all fair comments. At the minute, the trust cant really do anything. As a democratic organisation, the trust can only do what its members want it to. As such, the interim board have made the decision to focus on increasing membership. We need a critical mass to give us any sort of mandate. Personally i believe that an organisation that allows the fans to speak with one voice is the only way forward. There is a public meeting oranganised for the 6th and more to follow. Join up, keep criticising and help make our voice as fans be heard and listened to.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:06 pm 

An Fear Ciúin wrote:
Will the supporters trust actually start to do something for the club at any stage?

-We were involved with the club CPO to collect unwanted football gear for the Changaro Trust
- We bought shares in Wellvan so that questions raised by supporters on the message board could be asked at the AGM
- We worked with the FAI to donate goods to an Armenian orphanage when we played Pyunik
- We suggested/tried other merchandise ideas, a route that was not popular with the previous board
- We suggested a number of events to be run to celebrate the Treble, the club never responded.

I could go on, but given the Trust basically went into cold storage for a year as there was no interest, people moved away from Derry and we were accused of having an anti club agenda by some, there is little or no point.

The committee has reformed, we plan to announce a few items in the coming weeks. As Kelly says, it is up to the members what the Trust does for the club.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Who's on the Supporters' Trust Board now?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Supporters Trust