derrycitychat.com
http://derrycitychat.com/forum/

2020 season
http://derrycitychat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16581
Page 5 of 11

Author:  marcoloco [ Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

eugenio wrote:
To be fair to Neilson he played without getting a ball played forward as we crisscrossed the field with safe passes I think he would have scored a few having a bit of service but from whom?


I don't doubt his ability. His fitness in the pic i seen raised a lot of questions about what he's been up to for the past 3 months.

Author:  rodgers [ Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

Is Bakayoko still here?

Nilsen looked like he could have scored goals but either style of play didn't suit or he was just getting used to league.

Author:  Keyser Soze [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

marcoloco wrote:
eugenio wrote:
To be fair to Neilson he played without getting a ball played forward as we crisscrossed the field with safe passes I think he would have scored a few having a bit of service but from whom?


the pic i seen raised a lot of questions about what he's been up to for the past 3 months.


He's been eating.

Author:  TenaciousDee [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

rodgers wrote:
Is Bakayoko still here?

Is he real or made up like Alon Netzer?

Author:  brandyball [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

Re start confirmed for 31st July.

Author:  marcoloco [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

brandyball wrote:
Re start confirmed for 31st July.


Finally. So we've 14 games to save our season. :lol:

Seriously though, that defeat to Waterford was a shame given that they can barely field a team now and don't have a manger.

Will be interesting to see how teams look after 31st July. How much quality has Derry and our nearest rivals lost and who will fair better over the remaining games.

Oh, and will they let anyone in to watch the games!!?

Author:  davybhoy [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

If we want Europe next year we need to hit the ground running as we certainly didn't start off well. We have little room now for poor results with only 14 games left. We also need to find two decent quality strikers with Nielsen and Liddle leaving.

Author:  brandyball [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

marcoloco wrote:
brandyball wrote:
Re start confirmed for 31st July.


Finally. So we've 14 games to save our season. :lol:

Seriously though, that defeat to Waterford was a shame given that they can barely field a team now and don't have a manger.

Will be interesting to see how teams look after 31st July. How much quality has Derry and our nearest rivals lost and who will fair better over the remaining games.

Oh, and will they let anyone in to watch the games!!?

On Radio Foyle today they reckon a limited number of fans may be allowed in.

Author:  marcoloco [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

brandyball wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
brandyball wrote:
Re start confirmed for 31st July.


Finally. So we've 14 games to save our season. :lol:

Seriously though, that defeat to Waterford was a shame given that they can barely field a team now and don't have a manger.

Will be interesting to see how teams look after 31st July. How much quality has Derry and our nearest rivals lost and who will fair better over the remaining games.

Oh, and will they let anyone in to watch the games!!?

On Radio Foyle today they reckon a limited number of fans may be allowed in.


Great, open up behind the goals and use both stands and along the pitch. Every little helps!

Author:  brandyball [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

The European teams don't enter F.A.I cup until last 16.

Author:  Andy Bernard [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

davybhoy wrote:
If we want Europe next year we need to hit the ground running as we certainly didn't start off well. We have little room now for poor results with only 14 games left. We also need to find two decent quality strikers with Nielsen and Liddle leaving.


All of a sudden we are in a relegation battle too

Author:  marcoloco [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

Andy Bernard wrote:
davybhoy wrote:
If we want Europe next year we need to hit the ground running as we certainly didn't start off well. We have little room now for poor results with only 14 games left. We also need to find two decent quality strikers with Nielsen and Liddle leaving.


All of a sudden we are in a relegation battle too


Well that's what happens when you scrape a draw home to harps and lose away to Waterford. Can't take anything for granted.

Author:  Andy Bernard [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

My point exactly. Given how we started and the rubbish tactics it's worrying

Author:  marcoloco [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

Andy Bernard wrote:
My point exactly. Given how we started and the rubbish tactics it's worrying


Time to see what Devine can deliver. I think he will thrive under the pressure though I hope his tactics are a little more cultured that what he's offered up to date. No team will be happy and that's why every single PL team, except Rovers, voted for only 1 team to go down. They are all very aware that they could get sucked in and relegated. I'm pleased though that the vote went against them and it means everyone is under pressure from the off!

Author:  eugenio [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

Great, open up behind the goals and use both stands and along the pitch. Every little helps![/quote][/quote][/quote]

Marco you are talking too much sense Some council guy will come up,with a half assed reason not to do this or prob ,true to form , will not comment at all just let 50 in lol,lol,

Author:  marcoloco [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

eugenio wrote:
Great, open up behind the goals and use both stands and along the pitch. Every little helps!
[/quote][/quote]

Marco you are talking too much sense Some council guy will come up,with a half assed reason not to do this or prob ,true to form , will not comment at all just let 50 in lol,lol,[/quote]

Apparently there's no official limit on the number of ball boys and mascots permitted. I reckon there's easily another 50 to 60 right there. :lol:

Author:  stevebradley [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

marcoloco wrote:
Great, open up behind the goals and use both stands and along the pitch. Every little helps!


The space behind the Southend Road/Town end goals can't be opened up, as it's just a grass slope.

Presumably they did that to save the cost of having to underpin the wall above it, as the road behind is at a much higher level. If so it was pretty short-sighted to not just get everything done properly at the one time. If that area had been levelled and tarmaced then it could potentially be used at some point for spectators. Now it's just for ballboys and flagpoles.

Author:  marcoloco [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

stevebradley wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
Great, open up behind the goals and use both stands and along the pitch. Every little helps!


The space behind the Southend Road/Town end goals can't be opened up, as it's just a grass slope.

Presumably they did that to save the cost of having to underpin the wall above it, as the road behind is at a much higher level. If so it was pretty short-sighted to not just get everything done properly at the one time. If that area had been levelled and tarmaced then it could potentially be used at some point for spectators. Now it's just for ballboys and flagpoles.


Steve - its was another cost cutting measure. They could have and should have laid 'all' the foundations for the new stand whilst also doing the remedial work that you explain above. Sadly, it was a fixed cost contract that was cut to the bone so no flex for additional works.

Author:  mightymccourt [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

Parkhouse released by Sheff Utd today and apparently training with us(Can't confirm that). Nice one to have land on our lap if true....

Author:  brandyball [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2020 season

mightymccourt wrote:
Parkhouse released by Sheff Utd today and apparently training with us(Can't confirm that). Nice one to have land on our lap if true....

Did he not go out on loan to Stevenage?

Page 5 of 11 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/