Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 4 of 11 [ 209 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: 2020 season
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

TenaciousDee wrote:
Undoubtedly the prize fund for UEFA Club competitors will be reduced next season for obvious reasons so asking clubs to front 150k without knowledge of the prize fund is irresponsible of our governing body. I did see the Dundalk Media Officer tweet that they (Dundalk) expect to compete in a one off qualifying round match instead of the usual 2 games. If it happens in the UCL it will happen in the UEL. This will reduce income as both teams often profit from their home games. No word (if true) to suggest both teams split the gate but everything seems to be preliminary discussions.

Been confirmed Europa League games will be one legged affairs.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

brandyball wrote:
TenaciousDee wrote:
Undoubtedly the prize fund for UEFA Club competitors will be reduced next season for obvious reasons so asking clubs to front 150k without knowledge of the prize fund is irresponsible of our governing body. I did see the Dundalk Media Officer tweet that they (Dundalk) expect to compete in a one off qualifying round match instead of the usual 2 games. If it happens in the UCL it will happen in the UEL. This will reduce income as both teams often profit from their home games. No word (if true) to suggest both teams split the gate but everything seems to be preliminary discussions.

Been confirmed Europa League games will be one legged affairs.

Home draw would be nice. 27 Aug

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

No will be allowed in so what difference will it make?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

mokendismucker wrote:

The team wont need to travel and there'll still be a wee buzz.

Season restarting on Aug 1st and only 18 games being played with 5 already completed. Last thing Derry will need is an away fixture in between their remaining 13 league games.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:15 am 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
mokendismucker wrote:

Season restarting on Aug 1st and only 18 games being played with 5 already completed. Last thing Derry will need is an away fixture in between their remaining 13 league games.

Think you could get the ‘wee buzz’ from travelling and being away from Derry for a change. A break from the new normal would have its advantages, team building, bonding, new venue, city etc. Even the stats suggest that the advantage is shifting to the away team.

BTY have we not played 4 games. Dundalk Harps Bohs & Waterford?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:36 pm 
First Team
First Team

If only 18 games being played, are season ticket holders due a refund?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Can we never accept that a crisis like this has never visited Earth before we all have lost out a lot of people still stuck in their home Now I’m sure season ticket holders will be looked after when people sort out life first . I personally would like to CONTRIBUTE. to my club now rather than ask them to answer hypothetical questions My church has not had a penny from me in 3 months . I’m hoping to rectify that soon ,as NO ONE IS to blame SO we all must ask “what can I do ‘. In case of hardship ....yes help is needed but let’s give everyone a wee chance here ....to get their heads around this thing which is cruel and brutal to ALL of us

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:22 am 
First Team
First Team

I purchased 2 season tickets at a cost of £420, if I want to CONTRIBUTE to the club, I want to make the decision myself. I don't want the club or somebody who DIDN'T buy a season ticket making the decision for me. Thanks

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

burnfootbridiec wrote:
I purchased 2 season tickets at a cost of £420, if I want to CONTRIBUTE to the club, I want to make the decision myself. I don't want the club or somebody who DIDN'T buy a season ticket making the decision for me. Thanks

I am Not making your decision. You say you don’t want the club to make the decision you want to make the decision yourself Ok make it tell us what you are going to do All I was asking was time to let people see where things are going If the club asks for my help to help season ticket holders I will Willingly as I was a long term season ticket holder all my days ...just life did me a wee knock ..and I couldn’t travel all that regular so I know where you are coming from

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

mokendismucker wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
mokendismucker wrote:

Think you could get the ‘wee buzz’ from travelling and being away from Derry for a change. A break from the new normal would have its advantages, team building, bonding, new venue, city etc. Even the stats suggest that the advantage is shifting to the away team.

BTY have we not played 4 games. Dundalk Harps Bohs & Waterford?

The irony is that there may well be a better chance of fans getting in to watch the game live if it's away rather than at home

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

The irony is that there may well be a better chance of fans getting in to watch the game live if it's away rather than at home[/quote]

It’s a constantly changing picture and things are opening up faster than planned particularly in ROI so who knows. From July 20 gatherings of up to 500 outdoors. If that transfers to NI also then surely DC ST holders can be let in........Have we more than 500 ST holders?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:52 am 

The season could restart at the end of July (30th I think). It is expected that the FAI and the clubs will agree to it and could be announced as early as today but may in fact happen on Thursday.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

TenaciousDee wrote:
The season could restart at the end of July (30th I think). It is expected that the FAI and the clubs will agree to it and could be announced as early as today but may in fact happen on Thursday.

Let’s hope so. Looks like the FAI are going to stump up 200k per club so the wrangling over the size and makeup of the compo pot should be over.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Burny89 wrote:
Zero

€190,000 Apparently. :oops:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

brandyball wrote:
Burny89 wrote:
Zero

€190,000 Apparently. :oops:

Heard that Decky met with Mickey Drennan with a possible move to Brandywell.Suppose this should be in rumour section.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Tim Nilsen has left by mutual consent.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Only played a few games an hard to adapt to a new league in that time. But just didnt look up to it in them few games

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

fergal wrote:
Only played a few games an hard to adapt to a new league in that time. But just didnt look up to it in them few games

So any info on this? He looked like the fatted calf in the pic I seen recently. Lockdown clearly not good for his fitness. We've lost 2 strikers now though the rate at which the league is restarting it hardly matters. We could release a load more and still it would make little difference.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

To be fair to Neilson he played without getting a ball played forward as we crisscrossed the field with safe passes I think he would have scored a few having a bit of service but from whom?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Could not hold the ball the way parkhouse did and brought the team further up the pitch.

Page 4 of 11 [ 209 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News