Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 7 of 11 [ 209 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: 2020 season
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

brandyball wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
Parky is a good fit for Derry. Suits Decky's style of play and playing for Derry would give him a chance to win a decent contract at Dundalk or Rovers if he applies himself like he did during his last stint. Could be a perfect match for a short season.

Decky in Derry News today said Parky won't be returning.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Dundalk or Rovers.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
brandyball wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
Parky is a good fit for Derry. Suits Decky's style of play and playing for Derry would give him a chance to win a decent contract at Dundalk or Rovers if he applies himself like he did during his last stint. Could be a perfect match for a short season.

Decky in Derry News today said Parky won't be returning.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Dundalk or Rovers.

Wants to continue in Engerland Apparently.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Decky in Derry News today said Parky won't be returning.[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Dundalk or Rovers.[/quote]
Wants to continue in Engerland Apparently.[/quote]

Good luck to him if he can get a club. Won't be easy.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:46 pm 
First Team
First Team

Playing Dundalk in a friendly on Friday afternoon. Behind closed doors.

https://www.facebook.com/273061602083/p ... 108057084/

https://www.extratime.com/articles/2499 ... m=facebook

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:39 am 
Manager
Manager

How could a sneaky one slip in come on a wee tip,lol lol

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
eugenio wrote:
To be fair to Neilson he played without getting a ball played forward as we crisscrossed the field with safe passes I think he would have scored a few having a bit of service but from whom?

I don't doubt his ability. His fitness in the pic i seen raised a lot of questions about what he's been up to for the past 3 months.

Nilsen hits out.
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... it-2905925

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

brandyball wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
eugenio wrote:
To be fair to Neilson he played without getting a ball played forward as we crisscrossed the field with safe passes I think he would have scored a few having a bit of service but from whom?

I don't doubt his ability. His fitness in the pic i seen raised a lot of questions about what he's been up to for the past 3 months.

Nilsen hits out.
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... it-2905925

I must admit to finding this amusing. I'm not fat i've got protruding ribs... 2 weeks of playing football everyday would sort me out and my wife is expecting a baby (wait for it) in September. WTF. As Roy Keane said - he's not having the baby. And it 3 months away. All the best Nilsen.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... ty-1007140

How long before the chairman has to order a new transfer policy.

What happened all the due diligence that was promised.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:36 am 
Manager
Manager

rodgers wrote:
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/new-transfer-policy-place-derry-city-1007140

Not sure I understand why a 2 year old article re Ms Shiels should be posted here now Am I missing something
Re Neilson I’m glad he spoke up I respect him defending himself and I think he would have been a good striker for us if only?//// But This virus bad for us what’s it like for visitors etc horrific I back him good on you man

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:51 am 
Manager
Manager

I only mentioned it because the current management team seem to have as many misses as hits when it comes to transfers that don't work out "for one reason or another".

I'm sure Nilsen was on a good wage and didn't leave empty handed either.

Last edited by rodgers on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:28 am 
Manager
Manager

eugenio wrote:
rodgers wrote:
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/new-transfer-policy-place-derry-city-1007140

Not sure I understand why a 2 year old article re Ms Shiels should be posted here now Am I missing something
Re Neilson I’m glad he spoke up I respect him defending himself and I think he would have been a good striker for us if only?//// But This virus bad for us what’s it like for visitors etc horrific I back him good on you man

I agree that he should defend himself. But there was clearly issues over his fitness. Now he would have been paid off no doubt. Paid in full since march then a pay-off to leave early and terminate his contract. You do need to question what's going on. I do often wonder why we don't offer better wages but have a smaller group. Anyway, sadly its the nature of short term contracts and youtube footballers. You take a chance and some work out and some dont.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
eugenio wrote:
rodgers wrote:

I agree that he should defend himself. But there was clearly issues over his fitness. Now he would have been paid off no doubt. Paid in full since march then a pay-off to leave early and terminate his contract. You do need to question what's going on. I do often wonder why we don't offer better wages but have a smaller group. Anyway, sadly its the nature of short term contracts and youtube footballers. You take a chance and some work out and some dont.

Boys I’m with you but as it appears people take pictures and then use them to belittle others .I run a junior outfit here and with the lay off the condition of many is v poor But intensive training without football to me is madness `Neilson and a few others commenting say the fitness regime was a bit OTT without an actual ball introduced I’m not at all worried how we fare because this virus is a new thing in our life and to conquer it is huge for those who have managed to Alas full of sadness to those ..RIP ...who did not. Football is v v v low in priority now to me A Norwegian lad living far from home with no football and a far from comprehensive plan from the governing bodies cannot possibly be totally committed So I say “good luck” I also agree that the signing of players in the Shiels days was disastrous then suddenly Dec seems to be going there too . I’m welll bemused is the only word that comes to me

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Boys I’m with you but as it appears people take pictures and then use them to belittle others .I run a junior outfit here and with the lay off the condition of many is v poor But intensive training without football to me is madness `Neilson and a few others commenting say the fitness regime was a bit OTT without an actual ball introduced I’m not at all worried how we fare because this virus is a new thing in our life and to conquer it is huge for those who have managed to Alas full of sadness to those ..RIP ...who did not. Football is v v v low in priority now to me A Norwegian lad living far from home with no football and a far from comprehensive plan from the governing bodies cannot possibly be totally committed So I say “good luck” I also agree that the signing of players in the Shiels days was disastrous then suddenly Dec seems to be going there too . I’m welll bemused is the only word that comes to me[/quote]

I think the pictures merely point to the underlying issue. He was not released because of a 'picture' but because he could not perform to the levels expected of him in training. When Harry Kane returned from training I thought he looked heavy - and he probably was - so it comes back to management. I think with 4 weeks of preparation is lots but the clubs know better at the end of the day as they have the stats. I guess its unfair on others who have looked after themsevles better. Anyway, it does highlight the issue of signing guys and releasing guys - something we seem to do a lot of. But bringing in guys on the cheap from far flung lands will have this threat. You pay more for local players because they've proved themselves and you know what they are about. When shopping in different markets your taking that chance. Some work out better than others.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
Boys I’m with you but as it appears people take pictures and then use them to belittle others .I run a junior outfit here and with the lay off the condition of many is v poor But intensive training without football to me is madness `Neilson and a few others commenting say the fitness regime was a bit OTT without an actual ball introduced I’m not at all worried how we fare because this virus is a new thing in our life and to conquer it is huge for those who have managed to Alas full of sadness to those ..RIP ...who did not. Football is v v v low in priority now to me A Norwegian lad living far from home with no football and a far from comprehensive plan from the governing bodies cannot possibly be totally committed So I say “good luck” I also agree that the signing of players in the Shiels days was disastrous then suddenly Dec seems to be going there too . I’m welll bemused is the only word that comes to me

I think the pictures merely point to the underlying issue. He was not released because of a 'picture' but because he could not perform to the levels expected of him in training. When Harry Kane returned from training I thought he looked heavy - and he probably was - so it comes back to management. I think with 4 weeks of preparation is lots but the clubs know better at the end of the day as they have the stats. I guess its unfair on others who have looked after themsevles better. Anyway, it does highlight the issue of signing guys and releasing guys - something we seem to do a lot of. But bringing in guys on the cheap from far flung lands will have this threat. You pay more for local players because they've proved themselves and you know what they are about. When shopping in different markets your taking that chance. Some work out better than others.[/quote]
Well,reasoned points thanks

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Executive announced competitive sport can be played from Saturday with no spectators allowed.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:16 pm 
First Team
First Team

eugenio wrote:

Driving down, few beverages beside the ground, 4 pm kick off.

Also being streamed live.
https://www.dundalkfc.com/derry-city-ga ... d-members/

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

BrandywellRedMariner wrote:
eugenio wrote:

Is this not for Dundalk Season Ticket holders?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:31 pm 
First Team
First Team

brandyball wrote:
BrandywellRedMariner wrote:
eugenio wrote:

Is this not for Dundalk Season Ticket holders?

As the link says, for Dundalk season ticket holders and club members.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

I expect that we'll have a load of journey men forwards playing for us today? Any ideas?

Also, when do they make the draw for the EL qualifiers?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:27 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Any word on whether the live stream will be made available to Derry fans? Hopefully some football fan will post the link before kick off !!!!

Page 7 of 11 [ 209 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News