Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Not going to try and predict any scorelines as I'll only jinx it. As long as we play as well as we did against Limerick this should be another 3 pointer.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Confidence is everything. Another three points will do me!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think same again, high scoring, clean sheet and same team if all fit.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 am 
First Team
First Team

Expectations are obviously high after Monday night - would be happy with any win against a Bray team that we struggled with last season. Hopefully we can keep a settled team for the next few matches.

Looking at the early league table, we are just three points off Dundalk despite having what many would consider to be a poor start for us.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 am 
Manager
Manager

With the Dundalk postponement, I hope we get a good crowd for this even though it's St Paddy's weekend.

Bray have been a bit of a bogey team for us recently, so hopefully we can continue on from Tuesday night's performance.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

KEVK wrote:
With the Dundalk postponement, I hope we get a good crowd for this even though it's St Paddy's weekend.

Bray have been a bit of a bogey team for us recently, so hopefully we can continue on from Tuesday night's performance.

Beat us 5-0 last season in Maginn. But a performance like last Monday night should see us collect 3 pts.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

3 points please. Going for a 3-1 home win!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Great win well done and a few on the scoresheet - good for confidence

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Fantastic win- five goals and five different scorers. Looking good again after a very indifferent start

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 am 
First Team
First Team

Excellent performance especially when they went down to 10 men, they seemed to up the pace at they attacked and were too good the Bray defence. Thought the ref. Was really inconsistent with his cards and should have booked more Bray men than he did.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 am 
Manager
Manager

I was worried when Low got sent off and thought we would struggle on the big pitch with 10 men.

To be fair to Kenny, he subbed Patterson almost immediately after that as we needed runners in the team, and it was the runners in the team who were devastating on the counter attack in the 2nd half.

Both full backs were great again, especially McDermott. Still think we're a bit lightweight in midfield and better teams will punish us.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Good to see another good performance , and goals galore ;)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:57 am 

Thought McD was outstanding. had an assist in 3 goals. Curtis is a ready replacment for r Patz, after moving to centre forward his pace dragged the bray centre halves all over the place. C'mon the city

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

A brilliant performance. The players seem to be loving the new surface. It could be our secret weapon. We have adapted quickly. I take your point about looking lightweight, technically we are very good but look physically inferior to most teams. We're up to 4th!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 am 
Manager
Manager

First have wasn't great.....the Curtis goal came at the ideal time just after the sending off.... definitely played better football when we went down to 10..... Jack Doyle looked decent and Rory Hale was very impressive the 2nd half with his closing down and energy....
Bray were awful too.....

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

John Bacon wrote:
A brilliant performance. The players seem to be loving the new surface. It could be our secret weapon. We have adapted quickly. I take your point about looking lightweight, technically we are very good but look physically inferior to most teams. We're up to 4th!!

Sorry John we're up to 5th.

YorbaLinda wrote:
Excellent performance especially when they went down to 10 men, they seemed to up the pace at they attacked and were too good the Bray defence. Thought the ref. Was really inconsistent with his cards and should have booked more Bray men than he did.

I can't understand how a player can be sent of for an innocuous tackle way out from goal, when another player was covering him, and a player who takes out another player in the box and doesn't even get booked.

The first half Bray last night were comfortable to stay deep and hope to keep Derry at bay, hence the repeated passing at the back by our defence to draw them out. No use in launching long balls at their defence, as they believed that they had that covered.

But the sending off of Low changed the game for Bray. Now they decided they could push men forward, and we countered that brilliantly by sending balls over their heads, as there was plenty of room for our forwards, and did we not take advantage of that.

We may not have the most robust team in the league, but the speed of our players when they break, is/will be handful for any team.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

pmac wrote:
John Bacon wrote:

Sorry John we're up to 5th.

YorbaLinda wrote:

I can't understand how a player can be sent of for an innocuous tackle way out from goal, when another player was covering him, and a player who takes out another player in the box and doesn't even get booked.

The first half Bray last night were comfortable to stay deep and hope to keep Derry at bay, hence the repeated passing at the back by our defence to draw them out. No use in launching long balls at their defence, as they believed that they had that covered.

But the sending off of Low changed the game for Bray. Now they decided they could push men forward, and we countered that brilliantly by sending balls over their heads, as there was plenty of room for our forwards, and did we not take advantage of that.

We may not have the most robust team in the league, but the speed of our players when they break, is/will be handful for any team.

Cant argue with any of that

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 am 
Manager
Manager

If we continue to play like this, wouldn't it be great to see the stadium packed for every game?

Pity more so-called football mad people didn't come along to the Brandywell.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:50 am 

Another great performance....and as mentioned goals from all over.

It is disappointing, and I'm one of those people, that the wins receive little to no feedback. It seems to be the defeats that draw most attention on here. FWIW I'll make more of an effort not to whinge every time i get on here.

Positive feedback and action does a lot to reinforce the club.

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News