Bohs next and Devine sacked

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Bohs next and Devine sacked

Post by marcoloco »

With Devine sacked will Bohs benefit from the new manager bounce!?

Pat the.... interim manager will be in the dugout for bohs.

Should add a bit of spice to what's always a big occasion.

Looks like Devine fell on his own words in the end.

Nige92
Manager
Manager

Re: Bohs next and Devine sacked

Post by Nige92 »

Really should have gone at the end of the season. Was the same when he left us. Wheels fell off towards the end of the season and that carried into the next. Pat and him didn't seem like a match made in heaven. Pat gets to pick his own man now... Unless he fancies being manager again

joe3576
Reserves
Reserves

Post by joe3576 »

Child and OAP tickets sold out within about 1 hour of going on sale - I am convinced that these clubs, only put up a handful of these tickets for sale, to try and ensure that they get as many full price sales as possible.

I would love to know if the away club has any way of querying the actual number and make-up of tickets put up for sale by the home clubs for each game.

For every away game, I seek to buy an OAP, Child and adult ticket, for me, my dad and my son - we buy away tickets as soon as they go on sale (within 1-2 hours at most); very rarely can we get the above, always child and/or OAP are sold out immediately. From memory, only Shamrock Rovers and Cork and UCD are the only games that we never have any issues with.

Always seems very suspicious to me!

da-gama
Reserves
Reserves

Post by da-gama »

Can you only buy one ticket (with admin fee!) at a time??!

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

joe3576 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:31 pm Child and OAP tickets sold out within about 1 hour of going on sale - I am convinced that these clubs, only put up a handful of these tickets for sale, to try and ensure that they get as many full price sales as possible.

I would love to know if the away club has any way of querying the actual number and make-up of tickets put up for sale by the home clubs for each game.

For every away game, I seek to buy an OAP, Child and adult ticket, for me, my dad and my son - we buy away tickets as soon as they go on sale (within 1-2 hours at most); very rarely can we get the above, always child and/or OAP are sold out immediately. From memory, only Shamrock Rovers and Cork and UCD are the only games that we never have any issues with.

Demand greatly ezxceeds suppply at most venues around the league these days. It's the same with ourselves sure.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

stevebradley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:56 pm
joe3576 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:31 pm Child and OAP tickets sold out within about 1 hour of going on sale - I am convinced that these clubs, only put up a handful of these tickets for sale, to try and ensure that they get as many full price sales as possible.

Demand greatly ezxceeds suppply at most venues around the league these days. It's the same with ourselves sure.
Plus away fan allocations are limited and concessions will be even more so...

As pointed out, no such problems at the larger capacity venues.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

da-gama
Reserves
Reserves

Post by da-gama »

Unsure how big or old the child is but in a similar situation (one adult, child and OAP) I have bought two adults tickets and brought child in with me.

Fair in my book and no one has ever batted an eyelid

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

On Drive 105 MNL, Michael Kealey and Dermot Liddy will provide live match commentary from Dalymount Park. I will be in studio with Paul Doherty building to the kick off. My guests include Chief Soccer Correspondent at the Irish Star and Mirror, Mark McCadden, to discuss Declan Devine's dismissal and the difficulties Derek Pender will encounter in the interim. Packie Cooke chats to Ruairdhi Higgins, Mark Connolly speaks to me about his start to the season and staying ahead of the competition in the changing room and Paul McLaughlin gets Derry Nostalgic as we revisit the FAI Cup Semi Final Trilogy of 1995.

105.3FM Locally, Online and on DAB from 7pm.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:52 am On Drive 105 MNL, Michael Kealey and Dermot Liddy will provide live match commentary from Dalymount Park. I will be in studio with Paul Doherty building to the kick off. My guests include Chief Soccer Correspondent at the Irish Star and Mirror, Mark McCadden, to discuss Declan Devine's dismissal and the difficulties Derek Pender will encounter in the interim. Packie Cooke chats to Ruairdhi Higgins, Mark Connolly speaks to me about his start to the season and staying ahead of the competition in the changing room and Paul McLaughlin gets Derry Nostalgic as we revisit the FAI Cup Semi Final Trilogy of 1995.

Thought it was Pat The R. In the Bohs dug out?

mokendismucker
First Team
First Team

Post by mokendismucker »

brandyball wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:29 am
TenaciousDee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:52 am On Drive 105 MNL, Michael Kealey and Dermot Liddy will provide live match commentary from Dalymount Park. I will be in studio with Paul Doherty building to the kick off. My guests include Chief Soccer Correspondent at the Irish Star and Mirror, Mark McCadden, to discuss Declan Devine's dismissal and the difficulties Derek Pender will encounter in the interim. Packie Cooke chats to Ruairdhi Higgins, Mark Connolly speaks to me about his start to the season and staying ahead of the competition in the changing room and Paul McLaughlin gets Derry Nostalgic as we revisit the FAI Cup Semi Final Trilogy of 1995.

The rat has jumped already…….

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

brandyball wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:29 am

So did I until yesterday. Pender took the press conference yesterday and told everyone he and Trevor Croly are in charge of team matters for the foreseeable.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Duffy not involved, Fats and Patching on Bench

https://twitter.com/derrycityfc/status/ ... r_FRw&s=19

Neutrino
First Team
First Team

Post by Neutrino »

brandyball wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:59 pm Duffy not involved, Fats and Patching on Bench

https://twitter.com/derrycityfc/status/ ... r_FRw&s=19
Ben Doherty not in the squad either

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Mic left open again, Dee. :o

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Madness with issues at the ground. Live broadcasting hi.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Madness in Defence FFS.

Paul_C
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Paul_C »

Todd having a tough time tonight, he needs to settle

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

That’s what happens when you mess about with the formation. Poor from Todd but not all his his doing…

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:30 pm That’s what happens when you mess about with the formation. Poor from Todd but not all his his doing…
Ben's injured.