Logo

 
Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News




 Page 93 of 93 [ 1860 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93



Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
Conka wrote:
KEVK wrote:
Anyone else think the lighting and pitch looked very dull on TV coverage from Friday's game?

Looks very poor IMO and floodlights definitely need upgraded, or at the least re-aligned as the pitch got moved and the corners are very dark.


Floodlighting is all over the place. Was brough to the councils attention when stadium re-opened apparently, but nada has been done since :roll:


Conka is that us agreeing on something!? :lol:

Hope you enjoyed the game on Friday... and cracking pic of the Stadium posted online. :D


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:04 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm
Posts: 1018
Anyone who described this half arsed development as acceptable never mind world class is complicit


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 am
Posts: 454
The lights are a joke said this last season as well. As part of the redevelopment you would thought the realignment of lights would've been factored in.


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 982
Conka wrote:
KEVK wrote:
Anyone else think the lighting and pitch looked very dull on TV coverage from Friday's game?

Looks very poor IMO and floodlights definitely need upgraded, or at the least re-aligned as the pitch got moved and the corners are very dark.


Floodlighting is all over the place. Was brough to the councils attention when stadium re-opened apparently, but nada has been done since :roll:


You can see it on those drone photos/videos you got last week - especially in the corners.


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:57 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:18 pm
Posts: 3348
KEVK wrote:
You can see it on those drone photos/videos you got last week - especially in the corners.


To be fair they were taken the night before at lights weren't fully on. Match night there's a few more bulbs in operation but still has a few hotspots when the cameras on them. Other issue is the lights that shine onto the pitch from the Mark Farren Stand are badly aligned too and have a different colour balance to the main pylons


Top 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
SF now talking about using Celtic Park for the Euro U21 tournament (instead of the 'world class facility' just down the road in the Brandywell). Maybe they should get back to work and demand the delivery of the remaining 2/3 of our Mark Farren stand. It's been pointed out before that the pitch can be easier changed if we got the nod. Amatures.


Top 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:38 pm
Posts: 654
marcoloco wrote:
SF now talking about using Celtic Park for the Euro U21 tournament (instead of the 'world class facility' just down the road in the Brandywell). Maybe they should get back to work and demand the delivery of the remaining 2/3 of our Mark Farren stand. It's been pointed out before that the pitch can be easier changed if we got the nod. Amatures.

What you mean is that scum Fein will want a fully seated Celtic park with state of the art changing facilities etc etc to the detriment of all other sports facilities locally


Top 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:40 pm
Posts: 1508
Location: La La Land
*cough* election in May *cough*


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:24 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
Its embarrassing for them. They've given up on the Brandywell at the first hint of trouble. Rather than dig in and get involved in the process and put forward a first class business case for the continued upgrading of Brandywell Stadium so the City will have a first class facility they instead jump ship to championing Celtic Park as the answer. Its pathetic and highlights again how poor our local politicians are. Cretins.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm
Posts: 2869
marcoloco wrote:
Its pathetic and highlights again how poor our local politicians are.


You get what you vote for.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
MariborKev wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
Its pathetic and highlights again how poor our local politicians are.


You get what you vote for.


Indeed. The blind leading the blind.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:42 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:40 pm
Posts: 1508
Location: La La Land
marcoloco wrote:
MariborKev wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
Its pathetic and highlights again how poor our local politicians are.


You get what you vote for.


Indeed. The blind leading the blind.

Like I said...election in May.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:46 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 am
Posts: 3540
It makes zero sense to assert Celtic Park as a suitable venue for the U21 tournament, rather than Brandywell.

Celtic Park is far too big for the type of games we could expect/hope to attract to Derry, and would require significant investment to get it up to scratch even for those. Brandywell would be more than suitable instead, with the Mark Farren stand finished and the pitch issue addressed (if it needs doing). And that is all work that has been promised and/or will be due to happen shortly afterwards anyway.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
stevebradley wrote:
It makes zero sense to assert Celtic Park as a suitable venue for the U21 tournament, rather than Brandywell.

Celtic Park is far too big for the type of games we could expect/hope to attract to Derry, and would require significant investment to get it up to scratch even for those. Brandywell would be more than suitable instead, with the Mark Farren stand finished and the pitch issue addressed (if it needs doing). And that is all work that has been promised and/or will be due to happen shortly afterwards anyway.


Like i said. SF are a joke. its basic common sense to finish a project that only 1/3 complete. But don't let that get in the way of a half cooked, ill conceived idea. Honestly, i don't know if i should laugh or cry that this lot are running the show. Muppets.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 782
It's a joke that this would be even be considered.

I think some people completely overestimate whether GAA grounds meet the relevant standards required. Significant (public) funding would be required to complete that work.

A major point of these bids (and one Delaney and the IFA would push) is that they leave behind a legacy football stadium infrastructure. How does holding games in Celtic Park (and ploughing more money into it) contribute to that?

Finally, what do the Council and SF's own councillors make of a scenario whereby a recently partly refurbished council asset would be effectively ditched for public funding in favour of giving further money to a non-council asset?


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:06 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
rodgers wrote:
It's a joke that this would be even be considered.

I think some people completely overestimate whether GAA grounds meet the relevant standards required. Significant (public) funding would be required to complete that work.

A major point of these bids (and one Delaney and the IFA would push) is that they leave behind a legacy football stadium infrastructure. How does holding games in Celtic Park (and ploughing more money into it) contribute to that?

Finally, what do the Council and SF's own councillors make of a scenario whereby a recently partly refurbished council asset would be effectively ditched for public funding in favour of giving further money to a non-council asset?


I wish someone in the press would pick this up and draft a list of these valid questions and put them to our local SF Councillors. Maybe hold off until April 1st just for added effect.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 3288
marcoloco wrote:
rodgers wrote:
It's a joke that this would be even be considered.

I think some people completely overestimate whether GAA grounds meet the relevant standards required. Significant (public) funding would be required to complete that work.

A major point of these bids (and one Delaney and the IFA would push) is that they leave behind a legacy football stadium infrastructure. How does holding games in Celtic Park (and ploughing more money into it) contribute to that?

Finally, what do the Council and SF's own councillors make of a scenario whereby a recently partly refurbished council asset would be effectively ditched for public funding in favour of giving further money to a non-council asset?


I wish someone in the press would pick this up and draft a list of these valid questions and put them to our local SF Councillors. Maybe hold off until April 1st just for added effect.

Steve Bradley's your Man.


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:42 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 782
https://twitter.com/ElishaMcC_SF/status ... 5452025858

Sinn Fein again tweeting about this. Not many details. No mention of Brandywell anyway.

Part of me thinks that Derry's 'involvement' will be in the form of a training/hotel base for one or some of the teams.

Would be helpful if FAI/IFA/SF/Council could divulge some actual details of what is being discussed but most likely whatever is agreed will be agreed behind closed doors in a back room in the best traditions of football/public administration.

Can't put a name to all of the figures here but it appears that the club aren't a part of these discussions at all. Are any other political parties represented?


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 840
rodgers wrote:
https://twitter.com/ElishaMcC_SF/status/1105833645452025858

Sinn Fein again tweeting about this. Not many details. No mention of Brandywell anyway.

Part of me thinks that Derry's 'involvement' will be in the form of a training/hotel base for one or some of the teams.

Would be helpful if FAI/IFA/SF/Council could divulge some actual details of what is being discussed but most likely whatever is agreed will be agreed behind closed doors in a back room in the best traditions of football/public administration.

Can't put a name to all of the figures here but it appears that the club aren't a part of these discussions at all. Are any other political parties represented?


When asked if they are promoting Celtic Park or Brandywell they reply is - a mixture of both.

Maybe they'll use the changing rooms in Brandywell and the plastic pitch for a warm up and then everyone jogs up the hill to Celtic Park for the game. :lol:


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:46 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 pm
Posts: 540
The blind leading the blind


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 93 of 93 [ 1860 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93




Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News


Who is online

Registered users: Burny89

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron