Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by Chalkie »

brendy_éire wrote:
stevebradley wrote:From the sounds of it the bar area is going to be small. So unfortunately access to it will need to be prioritised for corporate guests I would guess (?)

One of the many compromises of having such a small new stand.
The bar holds 350, I believe.
Bar the first few games for the novelty factor, no chance it'll be full.
I think the new bar holds 250. It's planned to have TV screens within the bar, and viewing access of the pitch.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Chalkie wrote:
brendy_éire wrote:
stevebradley wrote:From the sounds of it the bar area is going to be small. So unfortunately access to it will need to be prioritised for corporate guests I would guess (?)

The bar holds 350, I believe.
Bar the first few games for the novelty factor, no chance it'll be full.
I think the new bar holds 250. It's planned to have TV screens within the bar, and viewing access of the pitch.
Chalkie - are there also corporate boxes in the new stand, and do they have priority access to the bar area too ?

dcfc_jp_1989
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_jp_1989 »

stevebradley wrote:
dcfc_jp_1989 wrote:

POD told us at fans forum in Da Vinci's last yr that it would be limited capacity due to the size. £260 ST for fans ti have bar access
Are there not also corporates boxes/spaces in the new stand ? If so - will they not also have priorituy access to that bar ?
£260 ST guarantees bar access. The club released a statement last week on the matter

Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chalkie »

stevebradley wrote:
Chalkie wrote:
stevebradley wrote:
Chalkie - are there also corporate boxes in the new stand, and do they have priority access to the bar area too ?
No, corporate boxes were not planned or put into the design, stevebradley. The club have been planning on using what's at their disposal in the new stadium to enhance the experience for sponsors and fans though.

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

No matter what age we are the ground will be a vast improvement in facilities since the birth of the Brandywell. I'm wondering how preparations, that are on going, will deal with recruitment of supporters to the revamped Brandywell. It's a big opportunity, that I'm sure the club already have grasped that point and pulled in volunteers who are willing to put in their professionalism to increase support, especially the young. It's a big ask for volunteers who already pump in a lot of their time for the club but bums on seat is the key to keep the club challenging for honours. I know that you can't gage those who put off mild supporters but it's key that we don't allow the few to spoil it for the majority and thus lose essential support.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

The pitch without the final coating gives you a closeness to the south stand as you get in Maginn Park while the greyhound track setup gives a feeling of looking onto a large McDonalds wrap end. The banking area, behind the nets, at the Brandywell road seems more bare without the track. Maybe a new stand there...........

Adam Quigley

Post by Adam Quigley »

Some new photos of the progress on twitter. Looks very bare behind the banking area net though. I wonder what that space will be used for ?

roger diesel

Post by roger diesel »

Link to one of the twitter pics here:
https://twitter.com/derrycityfc?ref_src ... r%5Eauthor
I noticed there are 4 street-lighting style lamp posts running along the side of the pitch, which it would appear might impair the view of either goal from this brand new stand. Sweet holy fuck. Surely that can't be the case?

DCFC09

Post by DCFC09 »

roger diesel wrote:Link to one of the twitter pics here:
I noticed there are 4 street-lighting style lamp posts running along the side of the pitch, which it would appear might impair the view of either goal from this brand new stand. Sweet holy fuck. Surely that can't be the case?
Agreed this will look pathetic

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

Great spot.

I really hope they are temporary and get removed, but would not be surprised at all if they stay and block the view which will be farcical.

Maybe they are taking the whole multi-use thing a bit too far and building a road or street that runs through the stadium, hence the need for street lights :)

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Hoping that these are temporary lights, maybe for the construction staff to see what they're at over the winter months.

But usually temp lights are not street lights.

It does look a bit daft.

doll

Post by doll »

If they are part of the ‘improvements’ it is a mess. Surely all new stands should have an unobstructed view of the pitch???

supremo

Post by supremo »

They look new.

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

lights look VERY PERMANENT.
Good to see the surface ready for pitch to be installed and work on rooms under stand taking place. I still think it's looking good regardless of some of the criticisms I've read this year.
I would have thought though that season tickets would be available by consulting the plans which surely would have details of the finished stand.

derry_bhoy17

Post by derry_bhoy17 »

Can someone post the new photos for us none twittering people lol thanks

doll

Post by doll »

derry_bhoy17 wrote:Can someone post the new photos for us none twittering people lol thanks
I hope JPJPhotography doesn't mind me posting their photos? If so I can remove.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

doll wrote:
derry_bhoy17 wrote:Can someone post the new photos for us none twittering people lol thanks

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

magspat wrote:
doll wrote:

Some green paint now and the pitch will look well lol

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

Maybe it's a car park ?!

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

Really hope the lampposts are temporary I spent all year dodging them from the seats in maginn