Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by paul60 »

Dont let it slip off the front page - oveer 53000 hits.

Adam Quigley

Post by Adam Quigley »

Any updated photos of the redevelopment?

kitwe
First Team
First Team

Post by kitwe »

the heavy lift of concrete steps (on which the 900? seats will be fixed to) looks complete and they have levelled and rolled most of the base for the new pitch.
Lookin' good and possibly ahead of schedule.

Andy Bernard
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Andy Bernard »

It should be ahead of schedule if they only have a third of a stand to build

Greengo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Greengo »

All joking aside it's good to see development... The pitch area has been flattened out and the stand is coming along nicely. Retaining wall around the old place has tidied things up also.

Dunno about the "hole in the wall" for ticket sales any more though... :?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Greengo wrote:All joking aside it's good to see development... The pitch area has been flattened out and the stand is coming along nicely. Retaining wall around the old place has tidied things up also.

Dunno about the "hole in the wall" for ticket sales any more though... :?
Hopefully the whole concept of only a single place at the ground to buy tickets is gone with it too.

We need to make it easier for people to give us money/ pay in.

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

You don't mean I won't have to run from Showgrounds to the World Famous "Hole in the Wall "literally :D Race back to be in for Ko(that I never miss) My doctor will be annoyed :x that's my exercise for a whole week lol :D

davy_g
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by davy_g »

I passed the stadium today. Work developing well but still annoyed at the size of the stand "that was imposed on us". I'm presuming also that the changing rooms will be under this new shed as I couldn't see anywhere else they could go.

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

Any photos of how it looks at the moment ?

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

Will the portion of the development that we are getting now include the office and retail space for the club?

If so, and if the development is supposedly ahead of schedule, is there any chance of getting the retail space ready for Christmas?

I would not be surprised at all if it turned out that the population of Derry actually doubled at Christmas to 200k odd on account of those people who return home who left Derry when they were younger (and probably more than anywhere else on the whole island). I am convinced there is a market for those people for Derry merchandise, whether they are interested in DCFC or not.

If not, I think there would be merit in a short term 3 month lease for a 'pop up' shop in the city centre over November, December and January. But my understanding is that the club don't see the need for such an outlet where the new Brandywell will be be able to provide one.

Will the new Brandywell have such an outlet?

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

Questions as usual bout the place below the cemetery on the opposite side of the lonemoore rd.

1. What colour scheme is being applied to the iron work and walls or will murals be the order of the day until the council arrives at a decision?

2. Looking ahead I suppose the tender for the paint has been included in the original bidding process or has it been overlooked? Just wondering as someone forgot to include the pitch on the first tender which caused a wee delay! Sssssh, shouldn't bring up that embarrassing episode. :oops:

Burny89

Post by Burny89 »

Hahaha come on Johnm spill the beans, you've already opened the can :lol:

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

johnm wrote:Questions as usual bout the place below the cemetery on the opposite side of the lonemoore rd.

1. What colour scheme is being applied to the iron work and walls or will murals be the order of the day until the council arrives at a decision?

2. Looking ahead I suppose the tender for the paint has been included in the original bidding process or has it been overlooked? Just wondering as someone forgot to include the pitch on the first tender which caused a wee delay! Sssssh, shouldn't bring up that embarrassing episode. :oops:
Would be good to have the new Lone Moor Road wall used to create good quality murals about the club -similar to what Bohs have done with Dalymount.

Though as the club don't own the stadium, any such murals would probably have to cover the greyhounds, D&D and everything else under the sun as well.

Conor

Post by Conor »

Any chance that someone living in Derry could pop up and take a few pics of the emerging stadium. One for the expats. As one of those who tries to get a run over before Christmas every year I agree with the idea of a pop up shop to buy jersey's and stuff.

roger diesel

Post by roger diesel »

I tried to upload a few on here a couple of weeks ago, but got the following message:
"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Your message contains too few characters."
Any ideas how to attach?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

You could post the images on a file share website who provide you with image links so you can post them onto web forums.

doll

Post by doll »

I took these photos today. They are not of great quality nor do I have any from inside the ground which would probably be the best view but here goes anyway.

Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chalkie »

Is it just me or is The Showgrounds beginning to look like the better stadium?

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

I pass the ground a lot of days and while its good to see progress, that wee stand is gonna look like shit sitting out on its own. perimeter wall looks well though :lol:

said it before, but the "quote" 21st century Brandywell will look like a Scottish 3rd division ground. :oops:

wish they would just complete it.

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

Just noticed in the pics. they're installing a lift to go up one floor? lazy Bassa's those directors. :lol: