Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
TenaciousDee

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by TenaciousDee »

Pmac it clearly was advertised on the club website as I was able to find you the link and post it on this thread yesterday.

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

stevebradley wrote:
supremo wrote:This £1000 is not a subsidised rate. It was determined by a valuer used by the council. It is unique and I am not exactly sure if the charges are calculated on actual square footage or on over all facility usage. This is enough for the Club to ask or look for a second opinion.
The only other team in N. Ireland that uses council facilities is Ballymena Utd so it would be interesting to find out what they pay for the use of their ground on match days. Maybe if the council insist on this valuation, our ticketing should clearly state how much of the ticket price goes to the council just like VAT.
It would be imopossible to put a cliam on tickets about how mcuh of it goes to the council though, as the council's fee is a fixed rate. The more tickets sold, the lower the per-ticket allocation towards the council would be - so you can't predict it in advance of knowing the sales.

I hope the club can get the £1,000 fee down, but if not it'll just be the way it is. We useed to able to pay not a lot for the Brandywell because it was a kip. That excuse is thankfully gone now.

If we can average 2,000 at games we'll be lifting somewhere in the ballpark of £20,000+ each time. Giving 5% of that to the council doesn't seem unreasonable. And the more we attract to games, the easier the fixed charge will be to swallow - so it's all on the club to attract more fans.
I believe £7,000 per year was the fee the club previously paid. So, if we play 21 home games this year (18 league, 1 Europe and possibly 2 cup games), the fee has trebled.

Out of those 2,000+ people Steve you have to take out season ticket holders who have already paid. So the take at each home game might be a bit lower. I realise it might still work out at £20,000+ per game once the per game price of a season ticket is taken into account for those matches but most if not all of the season ticket money is collected and spent by the early stages of the season.

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

The Brandywell Stadium is far from finished, so the Club should be in a decent bargaining position.

The Club could argue that given the limited capacity of the Brandywell, they could possibly lose out on income when games sell out such as big league and cup matches as well as European matches. Until the stadium is 'completed' for the Club to maximise its income from gate receipts, the Council should offer a lower rate for rent.

We're not talking huge crowds that haven't been seen for years for the Brandywell to sell out at the moment.

magspat
First Team
First Team

Post by magspat »

MariborKev wrote:
pmac wrote:Do you know......

How many were at the meeting?

Where was it held?

What other items were discussed?

Being a share holder i would have liked to have been there, but the meeting was not advertised on the Derry City DC site, not in the papers/media, nor on here. The last meeting held i received notification in the post, but not this time. Shameful way to treat shareholders. Surely the least they can do is publish the minutes of the meeting.
The AGM was publicised on the club website. It was also published across the club's social media channels.

The company is under no obligation to publish the minutes. As a shareholder i assume you can contact the club and request minutes.

I'm not defending the club's approach, just clarifying a few facts.
Poor enough turnout about twenty approximately ,finance ,naming of stadium and PoD putting in over threehundred gran of his own money to keep c!ub afloat.

chucho

Post by chucho »

Tell the council that each payment of £1000 will be delivered in stages, with the first half paid 6 months after the due date and the second payment made in the future at some vague point when we feel like it.

pmac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pmac »

TenaciousDee wrote:Pmac it clearly was advertised on the club website as I was able to find you the link and post it on this thread yesterday.
Sorry Dee, but i have searched this thread and i can't find the link you posted.

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Sorry my mistake its in the accounts thread

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

KEVK wrote:The Brandywell Stadium is far from finished, so the Club should be in a decent bargaining position.

The Club could argue that given the limited capacity of the Brandywell, they could possibly lose out on income when games sell out such as big league and cup matches as well as European matches. Until the stadium is 'completed' for the Club to maximise its income from gate receipts, the Council should offer a lower rate for rent.

We're not talking huge crowds that haven't been seen for years for the Brandywell to sell out at the moment.
Our bargaining position is pretty weak though Kev, as we have no leverage.

No matter what the Council say, we don't have any other choice but to play there.

DC-2010

Post by DC-2010 »

When you break down the costs. (That is asumming the council clean and maintain the stadium) it probs not far away. Anybody who has paid to get waste removed or facilities maintained will know its pricey.

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

stevebradley wrote:
KEVK wrote:The Brandywell Stadium is far from finished, so the Club should be in a decent bargaining position.

Our bargaining position is pretty weak though Kev, as we have no leverage.

No matter what the Council say, we don't have any other choice but to play there.
Are the Council going to increase it again if Phase 2 gets completed though?

If they are not going to increase it, then surely the Club can ask Council to hold off on the full rate until Phase 2 is completed and the Club are in a position to maximise it's revenues.

danny hale
Reserves
Reserves

Post by danny hale »

Can we end this thread as soon as brandywell opens again ? Pleeeese !

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43248273

What a bunch of fuckin idiots. sick to the back teeth with this clowncil. Fair play to Kenny who said as much in not so many words.

thecitizen

Post by thecitizen »

An 'all weather' pitch that can't be used in all types of weather..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

thecitizen wrote:An 'all weather' pitch that can't be used in all types of weather..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Probably because of the incompetence of the Council!

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Said it here before. If you've never had any dealings with the Council then you are very fortunate indeed. Bunch of muppets. Honestly, this comes as no surprise. And KS does right to say the weather saved them because it was still not ready. But as tenants what can we do? Nothing.

pcass

Post by pcass »

cousin kev wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43248273

What a bunch of fuckin idiots. sick to the back teeth with this clowncil. Fair play to Kenny who said as much in not so many words.
https://twitter.com/ACutliffe/status/968621348057645061

This explain it?

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

From the contents of that and the contents of the FOI response it would seem that the Council and contractor are in dispute about certain liabilities. Contractor maybe just trying to squeeze some extra pounds out of Council at this late stage.

unrulyupstart

Post by unrulyupstart »

A dispute with the contractor over final account shouldn't prevent completion being certified and handover taking place.

If anyone from the Council is reading this and wants legal advice (for free) on this to get Derry City training on that pitch, PM me.

micdaflic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by micdaflic »

We should have stayed in Buncrana. Especially after SF failed to deliver on promise that funding would have been available a year ago to finish the new stand

DC-2010

Post by DC-2010 »

Aye do we should have... wise up