Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
fish-head

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by fish-head »

fair enough, just when you read the article he refers to the council and the ISF though it's true that most politicians are only out for point scoring making sleazy public statements regardless of the facts. also totally agree that this is the last project that there should be credit going on.

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

I not a SF but McCartney enjoys his football while others profile themselves on the back of the lorry.

Much as the council has a lot of faults, they have through all their mis-management put in place, not what we would have liked but what will suit the expected max crowd we are likely to have in the coming years. The yearly budget will be able to deal with any up turn in attendances as extensions to the new stand can quickly be installed without breaking the bank.

Enjoy the new season in the updated brandywell and a word of thanks to inishowen for having us during the year of ups and downs.

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

wee bit of SF BASHING GOING ON? probably rightly so, given that, what we were promised and what we got. but they're not alone. the Board,the clowncillors of all parties also played this card too. cant knock McCartney. he's a supporter and lobbied hard for money. as for our MP....."permanent portaloo's" :oops: jesus Christ!!!

MariborKev

Post by MariborKev »

cousin kev wrote:the clowncillors of all parties also played this card too. cant knock McCartney. he's a supporter and lobbied hard for money.
Agreed, hence my point about people falling over themselves.

To be fair to Raymond and Mark H - pretty regular attendees. Thankfully Gregory tends to be quiet about this.

pmac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pmac »

cousin kev wrote:wee bit of SF BASHING GOING ON? probably rightly so, given that, what we were promised and what we got. but they're not alone. the Board,the clowncillors of all parties also played this card too. cant knock McCartney. he's a supporter and lobbied hard for money. as for our MP....."permanent portaloo's" :oops: jesus Christ!!!
But it's McCartney and SF who are repeatedly telling everyone about the great job they did. Any one taking credit should be embarrassed at what this city has been given regarding getting a modern stadium.

MINTER

Post by MINTER »

100%,we got half a job on that stadium,wouldnt be shouting praise on themselves for it,but sure its Sinn Fein,they would turn up for a picture for the opening of a packet of crisps.

KEVK
First Team
First Team

Post by KEVK »

I wish local journalists would have the balls to ask these politicians if they are satisfied with a patched up stadium and what are they doing to ensure more money comes through to get it finished?

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Unfortunately our journo's are of the same general quality as our politicians.

cousin kev
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cousin kev »

Keyser Soze wrote:Unfortunately our journo's are of the same general quality as our politicians.
We don't have journalists. we just have copy and paste lazy journalism.

Anyone know whats been being done (refurbished) with the southend stand? past it today. looks no different.

1)ee

Post by 1)ee »

cousin kev wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Unfortunately our journo's are of the same general quality as our politicians.

Anyone know whats been being done (refurbished) with the southend stand? past it today. looks no different.
AFAIK the electrical equipment on the southend stand was replaced and obviously the wall around the entire stadium. Other than that i dont think there will be any noticable change to that stand.

pmac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pmac »

1)ee wrote:
cousin kev wrote:

AFAIK the electrical equipment on the southend stand was replaced and obviously the wall around the entire stadium. Other than that i dont think there will be any noticable change to that stand.
Surely they would have to refurbish those toilets?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

1)ee wrote:
cousin kev wrote:

Have the multi-coloured replacements seats at the greyhound end of the Southend Stand been replaced ?

If not - why did we give Maginn Park the relatively new ones from the Lone Moor Road end, rather than use those to replace the odd ones in the Southend ?

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

I hope speaker system is adjusted to allow people to hear themselves talk at half time, otherwise looking forward to getting a seat next year.

P.S. Thanks again to the owners of Maginn park for the use of a great pitch, the people of
Buncrana for their hospitality over the season and all who assisted in making it an easy to journey back and forth for each match.

johnm
Reserves
Reserves

Post by johnm »

Any more Brandywell photos on the revamp?

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

From the sounds of it the bar area is going to be small. So unfortunately access to it will need to be prioritised for corporate guests I would guess (?)

One of the many compromises of having such a small new stand.

dcfc_jp_1989
First Team
First Team

Post by dcfc_jp_1989 »

stevebradley wrote:From the sounds of it the bar area is going to be small. So unfortunately access to it will need to be prioritised for corporate guests I would guess (?)

POD told us at fans forum in Da Vinci's last yr that it would be limited capacity due to the size. £260 ST for fans ti have bar access

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

dcfc_jp_1989 wrote:
stevebradley wrote:From the sounds of it the bar area is going to be small. So unfortunately access to it will need to be prioritised for corporate guests I would guess (?)

POD told us at fans forum in Da Vinci's last yr that it would be limited capacity due to the size. £260 ST for fans ti have bar access
Are there not also corporates boxes/spaces in the new stand ? If so - will they not also have priorituy access to that bar ?

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Will the big screen return in the Brandywell?

brendy_éire

Post by brendy_éire »

The bar holds 350, I believe.
Bar the first few games for the novelty factor, no chance it'll be full.

Chalkie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chalkie »

TenaciousDee wrote:Will the big screen return in the Brandywell?
Yes, the big screen will be returning to the Brandywell.