Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by marcoloco »

Exactly. That's what im getting at! And now if we have 4 flag poles then why not put some to good use?

And whilst im at it... you'd think the PA system would at least be working in the Southend Stand. New season same old system. Council need to get their finger out! :lol:[/quote]

All the complaints about buying tickets for the games, especially for away supporters have AGAIN fallen on deaf ears. No one in a position to do something about it seems to give a damn.[/quote]

Can away fans not buy tickets online in advance? That would surely solve most of the problems surely. Are general sale tickets not available to purchase on the night at the youth club?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

marcoloco wrote:Exactly. That's what im getting at! And now if we have 4 flag poles then why not put some to good use?

And whilst im at it... you'd think the PA system would at least be working in the Southend Stand. New season same old system. Council need to get their finger out! :lol:
All the complaints about buying tickets for the games, especially for away supporters have AGAIN fallen on deaf ears. No one in a position to do something about it seems to give a damn.[/quote]

Can away fans not buy tickets online in advance? That would surely solve most of the problems surely. Are general sale tickets not available to purchase on the night at the youth club?[/quote]
Serious question, do you know if any club officials or board members have access to this forum?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Can away fans not buy tickets online in advance? That would surely solve most of the problems surely. Are general sale tickets not available to purchase on the night at the youth club?[/quote]
Serious question, do you know if any club officials or board members have access to this forum?[/quote]

Would be very surprised if they didn't. It's a valid platform for supporter engagement and sentiment. If they are not aware then i'd ask where they've been hiding.

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Maybe they are busy running an under-resourced club, which they do for free. Maybe they have a job during the day. Maybe they have a family they fancy spending some time with.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Marty wrote:Maybe they are busy running an under-resourced club, which they do for free. Maybe they have a job during the day. Maybe they have a family they fancy spending some time with.
Wise up Marty.

Phillipb

Post by Phillipb »

Marty wrote:Maybe they are busy running an under-resourced club, which they do for free. Maybe they have a job during the day. Maybe they have a family they fancy spending some time with.
    Maybe they should listen to what people are saying, and if they can't do anything about it then maybe they should not have joined the board.

brandyball
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandyball »

Maybe they were busy allowing Kenny Shiels to spend money on Dross last season.

rodgers
    Manager
    Manager

Post by rodgers »

Double post.
    Last edited by rodgers on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgers
    Manager
    Manager

Post by rodgers »

I think some do read it. And very often it's actually the only way of finding things out about the club from the club.

Last year Longford fans raised money for a scoreboard at their ground. Could this be something for the Friends of Derry City group?

I would love to see one along the top of Mark Farren stand. Doesn't need to be extravagant or flashy but would make a big difference in my view.

Potential problem would be getting the Council on board but think it is worth investigating.

magspat
    First Team
    First Team

Post by magspat »

rodgers wrote:I think some do read it. And very often it's actually the only way of finding things out about the club from the club.

Last year Longford fans raised money for a scoreboard at their ground. Could this be something for the Friends of Derry City group?

I would love to see one along the top of Mark Farren stand. Doesn't need to be extravagant or flashy but would make a big difference in my view.

Potential problem would be getting the Council on board but think it is worth investigating.
    Do you not think there is enough flags flying around this city.

brandyball
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandyball »

magspat wrote:
    rodgers wrote:I think some do read it. And very often it's actually the only way of finding things out about the club from the club.

Do you not think there is enough flags flying around this city.
    Flags? Someone's suggested a Scoreboard.

marcoloco
    Manager
    Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Why not both? A DCFC flag is not offensive in any way. If it is then please explain how? And a scoreboard would be a great addition too. We've heard previously about the scorebaord problems but nothing that couldn't be overcome with some investment.

(PS I suggested 6 different possible flag ideas earlier and not once did i suggest the type of flags that you are referring to. Don't allow other people's agenda with flags stop you considering a completely normal and inclusive suggestion such as flying a football flag at a football ground).

magspat
    First Team
    First Team

Post by magspat »

marcoloco wrote:Why not both? A DCFC flag is not offensive in any way. If it is then please explain how? And a scoreboard would be a great addition too. We've heard previously about the scorebaord problems but nothing that couldn't be overcome with some investment.

(PS I suggested 6 different possible flag ideas earlier and not once did i suggest the type of flags that you are referring to. Don't allow other people's agenda with flags stop you considering a completely normal and inclusive suggestion such as flying a football flag at a football ground).
    Flags within the brandywell wouldn't be offensive but do we need any ,would be more interested in a score board even if the supporters had to buy it worth looking into and getting some quotes and set some kind of fundraising in p!ace ,just a tbought.

marcoloco
    Manager
    Manager

Post by marcoloco »

magspat wrote:
    marcoloco wrote:Why not both? A DCFC flag is not offensive in any way. If it is then please explain how? And a scoreboard would be a great addition too. We've heard previously about the scorebaord problems but nothing that couldn't be overcome with some investment.

Flags within the brandywell wouldn't be offensive but do we need any ,would be more interested in a score board even if the supporters had to buy it worth looking into and getting some quotes and set some kind of fundraising in p!ace ,just a tbought.
    Flags were mentioned because 4 flag poles have been erected behind the goal by the Council. It would also be cheaper and easier than paying for, getting permission for, and erecting a scoreboard. But as i said before why not both. Its not a major ask for a 'world class' facility like the Brandywell. :lol:

DCFC09

Post by DCFC09 »

Phillipb wrote:
      Maybe they should listen to what people are saying, and if they can't do anything about it then maybe they should not have joined the board.

While it’s fair enough to point out things the club could improve on there isn’t exactly a queue of people waiting to run the club. The club won’t turn away any volunteers so let’s see you.

stevebradley
      Manager
      Manager

Post by stevebradley »

dcfc_jp_1989 wrote:
      marcoloco wrote:Any idea why there's 4 flag poles behind the goal?

Do Institute use them during their games?

4 seems excessive to me but anyway here's some ideas for putting them to use...

1. DCFC
      2. SSE Airtricity
      3. Match Sponsor ??
      4. FAI
      5. City Cubs
      6. DCFC Supporter Club
      Europe: the flags of the two countries being represented, UEFA's own flag & then their respect flag
      I counted 5 flag poles there on Friday, and assumed they were for European fixtures as follows :

- One for each club's colours.
      - One for each country they're form.
      - The UEFA flag.

Have no idea if that's accurate or not.

KEVK
      First Team
      First Team

Post by KEVK »

Anyone else think the lighting and pitch looked very dull on TV coverage from Friday's game?

Looks very poor IMO and floodlights definitely need upgraded, or at the least re-aligned as the pitch got moved and the corners are very dark.

marcoloco
      Manager
      Manager

Post by marcoloco »

KEVK wrote:Anyone else think the lighting and pitch looked very dull on TV coverage from Friday's game?

Looks very poor IMO and floodlights definitely need upgraded, or at the least re-aligned as the pitch got moved and the corners are very dark.
      Spot on. There was a row of lights not turned on each corner hence all the shadows when the players run about and the generally dull appearance. Think its a money saving thing though not sure if its Council or Club who have control over that.

Conka

Post by Conka »

KEVK wrote:Anyone else think the lighting and pitch looked very dull on TV coverage from Friday's game?

Floodlighting is all over the place. Was brough to the councils attention when stadium re-opened apparently, but nada has been done since :roll:

PauliAlonso
      First Team
      First Team

Post by PauliAlonso »

Conka wrote:

Floodlighting is all over the place. Was brough to the councils attention when stadium re-opened apparently, but nada has been done since :roll:
      Floodlights come under UEFA Club Licensing, so surely this must have been sorted before the season began?