Brandywell Stadium Development

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Re: Brandywell Stadium Development

Post by eugenio »

Noticed the ecstasy over the 50 ooo at Maratime festival and how great it is for our city .50 ooo visit Brandywell albeit over a season yet I don't hear a peep about showcasing it But then the Brandy is for locals not tourists so locals are 3rd class apparently

city till i die 89

Post by city till i die 89 »

Just have a look at the Ballymena Showgrounds and compare it to any facility here both council owned

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

How did they get the funding for that?

micdaflic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by micdaflic »

marcoloco wrote:How did they get the funding for that?
They didn't have SF working on getting the funding and have you seen the dual carriage completed from Ballymena towards Coleraine?. All quietly done and dusted. Maybe we need an Ian Paisley jr to work for this area instead of the gabshites we presently have

paul60
Reserves
Reserves

Post by paul60 »

micdaflic wrote:
marcoloco wrote:How did they get the funding for that?
They didn't have SF working on getting the funding and have you seen the dual carriage completed from Ballymena towards Coleraine?. All quietly done and dusted. Maybe we need an Ian Paisley jr to work for this area instead of the gabshites we presently have
Bet there wasn’t as much haggling over getting the land for it compared to the A5!

P.S. Just another 4000 hits would get the post over the 100,000 mark, so just like the wee machine for likes in Lidl give it a hit when your on here.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

Another dig at our new stadium by a Dublin based journo

https://twitter.com/noriordan/status/10 ... 03552?s=09

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Keyser Soze wrote:Another dig at our new stadium by a Dublin based journo

Don't blame him. Good to highlight these things beyond our forum. We (as supporters and general public) get palmed off way too often with excuses, delays and sub-standard facilities and even 1/3 built facilities. Couldn't make it up. Now - where's that big eejit that was banging on about our World Class facility?

MariborKev

Post by MariborKev »

Go check out the social media feeds for Derry based journos, its the same issue.....

Its typical lazy attempt to blame "the Dublin media" for something which the Council has failed to deliver on.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

I wasn't blaming the Dublin media, just simply pointing out that the problems at our stadium are being exposed to a bigger audience.

We all know the local journo's have been complaining.

Phillipb

Post by Phillipb »

Gone are the days when journalist sat with a notebook and still recorded every incident of the game. Nowadays are mostly a generalisation of how the game went. When was the last time you saw photographs of a goal, as all we see are mid-field shuffles. Having said that we should expect to have the proper facilities needed.

Hows this for our world class stadium. Toilets inside a tin hut.

brendy_éire

Post by brendy_éire »

Are there not two media offices in the old stand that are shuttered up during matches? Use them surely.

martinbradleey

Post by martinbradleey »

They were condemned by the Council, so they cannot be used

TenaciousDee

Post by TenaciousDee »

Roof needs repaired on the hut between sections G and H and it was flagged with the council earlier in the season after the desks were taken away from the press seats. The council at the time said they were unwilling to pay for the amendment at the time however after this article it seems they my buckle.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

brendy_éire wrote:

Are there not two media offices in the old stand that are shuttered up during matches? Use them surely.
Has the old stand not been demolished? :lol:

Gerrymc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Gerrymc »

Well done Davy_g :D :D

davy_g
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by davy_g »

Gerrymc wrote:Well done Davy_g :D :D
Thanks Gerry, fame at last. I can ride quietly into the sunset now lol..........until next season at least. #RAWA

rodgers
Manager
Manager

Post by rodgers »

There's a suggestion that the FAI and IFA will be announcing a joint bid to host th e European u21 championships.

Surely the Brandywell must be one of the venues? Perhaps it might provide the impetus to secure the completion of the ground?

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

rodgers wrote:There's a suggestion that the FAI and IFA will be announcing a joint bid to host th e European u21 championships.

Surely the Brandywell must be one of the venues? Perhaps it might provide the impetus to secure the completion of the ground?
When... in 2089? :lol:

stevebradley
Manager
Manager

Post by stevebradley »

rodgers wrote:There's a suggestion that the FAI and IFA will be announcing a joint bid to host th e European u21 championships.

I don't know how many stadia they require for that, but you could expect most would be in Belfast and Dublin. Cork and Limerick might get a look in at a push down south, and Ballymena/Coleraine in the north (or even Larne) - again at a push. I'd be both shocked and delighted if Derry found itself included in something like this. The lack of trouble at the Stute games so far will have helped our case no end, as who would've risked bringing foreign teams to our ground when there was a question mark over safety in the area ?

Fingers crossed, but I won't be getting my hopes built up on this.

Andy Bernard
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Andy Bernard »

UEFA would want reporters at the games who have access to stuff like desks and WIFI and toilets that aren't portakabins on that side of the ground so the Brandywell has no chance. The pitch also would be an issue. Maybe they'll believe POD that its world class instead