Logo

 
Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News




 Page 1 of 88 [ 1744 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next



Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:36 pm 
Offline
First Team
First Team
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:16 pm
Posts: 172
And so it begins......

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/ne ... -1-6646161


Top 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:28 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:24 pm
Posts: 491
A hitch in the plans!!! Surely not :D I think I saw the Planning Application nailed to the Temple :D :D


Top 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:46 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 4611
A hitch to slow the development of the new stadium?

Never. :roll:

As I said earlier, I won't be the least bit surprised to see no work starting on 28th May, no matter what POD promised.


Top 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm
Posts: 943
The Brandywell should go the same way as The Temple.


Top 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:31 pm 
Offline
First Team
First Team

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:46 am
Posts: 181
The cynic in me thinks an announcement about a delay in the development won't be made until after the election.


Top 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:19 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 640
Location: Inside looking out!
keenan85 wrote:
The cynic in me thinks an announcement about a delay in the development won't be made until after the election.



Nothing cynical about blind honest truth!!! But hey ho are you surprised?? :roll: :roll:


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 am
Posts: 3392
It's the only show in town folks !

Apparently.

Though only because no-one at the club seems interested in pushing for anything better.


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:17 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 907
Just throwing another idea out there for the stadium........

Would it be feasible to set up a semi-permanent modular stadium and pitch over at Ebrington Square and have our 'base' over there?

Obviously costs would need to be looked at, but it would certainly be cheaper than building something permanent from scratch somewhere else.


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:38 pm
Posts: 587
KEVK wrote:
Just throwing another idea out there for the stadium........

Would it be feasible to set up a semi-permanent modular stadium and pitch over at Ebrington Square and have our 'base' over there?

Obviously costs would need to be looked at, but it would certainly be cheaper than building something permanent from scratch somewhere else.

Would be cheaper to build 2 stands at Swilly stadium and neither of these ideas will happen, We are stuck with the shithole


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:19 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 4611
The stadium debacle is symptomatic of the general decline of the club over recent years.


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:35 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:50 am
Posts: 1002
Maybe they seen the attendance at last nights match and thought "it just ain't feasible".

Seriously though, where is the incentive to pump millions into redevelopment when you're talking about benefiting mere hundreds of people?

We're an absolute shambles to be quite honest. Top to bottom. On the field and off the field. The club as a whole lacks true leadership - a person to grab the entire entity by the fucking neck and pull it up to where it should be.


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:26 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1644
Morto wrote:
Maybe they seen the attendance at last nights match and thought "it just ain't feasible".

Seriously though, where is the incentive to pump millions into redevelopment when you're talking about benefiting mere hundreds of people?

We're an absolute shambles to be quite honest. Top to bottom. On the field and off the field. The club as a whole lacks true leadership - a person to grab the entire entity by the fucking neck and pull it up to where it should be.


But sure look how much money was spent on institute's ground to benefit a few hundred


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:02 am 
Offline
Reserves
Reserves

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:26 pm
Posts: 88
micdaflic wrote:
KEVK wrote:
Just throwing another idea out there for the stadium........

Would it be feasible to set up a semi-permanent modular stadium and pitch over at Ebrington Square and have our 'base' over there?

Obviously costs would need to be looked at, but it would certainly be cheaper than building something permanent from scratch somewhere else.

Would be cheaper to build 2 stands at Swilly stadium and neither of these idsteas will happen, We are stuck with the shithole

listen lads what we have is good enough for the 2nd class team we have become forget about up grading/new stadium et al and concentrate on the football..............1st or second level :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 907
Morto wrote:
Maybe they seen the attendance at last nights match and thought "it just ain't feasible".

Seriously though, where is the incentive to pump millions into redevelopment when you're talking about benefiting mere hundreds of people?

We're an absolute shambles to be quite honest. Top to bottom. On the field and off the field. The club as a whole lacks true leadership - a person to grab the entire entity by the fucking neck and pull it up to where it should be.


Think the stadium at the moment is part of the reason behind our attendances as it has created a huge sense of apathy.

There is a huge dormant support out there that needs tapping into - build it and they will come (except for the Brandywell :) )


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:50 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 am
Posts: 3392
KEVK wrote:
Morto wrote:
Maybe they seen the attendance at last nights match and thought "it just ain't feasible".

Seriously though, where is the incentive to pump millions into redevelopment when you're talking about benefiting mere hundreds of people?

We're an absolute shambles to be quite honest. Top to bottom. On the field and off the field. The club as a whole lacks true leadership - a person to grab the entire entity by the fucking neck and pull it up to where it should be.


Think the stadium at the moment is part of the reason behind our attendances as it has created a huge sense of apathy.

There is a huge dormant support out there that needs tapping into - build it and they will come (except for the Brandywell :) )


There is massive potential for our club in Derry and surrounding areas.

There isn't a male of a certain age in the city who hasn't been to at least one Derry City match. Even those in my family with no interest in football have been.

But it's heartbreaking to see how helpless the club has become. It just seems stuck in a rut of mediocrity, with no understanding that it should do things differently and no people available in the city to help make that happen.

Derry City's biggest internal problem for me is a lack of ambition, as evidenced by the meek acceptance that our future can only lie at the Brandywell. I think our biggest external challenge is that the brightest, best and most energetic talent in our city continues to leave every year due to the lack of opportunity in the place. Derry basically develops smart people to go off and make everywhere else better places. It's depressing that there is nothing to keep more of those people at home, to help improve all aspects of life in the city - including our football club.


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:25 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 pm
Posts: 512
We don't need a new stadium. We aren't the worst stadium in Ireland and I am more than happy with our stadium.

But if we are to change it has to be outside the brandywell area. It's not a welcoming area for all


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:23 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 3494
stevebradley wrote:
KEVK wrote:
Morto wrote:
Maybe they seen the attendance at last nights match and thought "it just ain't feasible".

Seriously though, where is the incentive to pump millions into redevelopment when you're talking about benefiting mere hundreds of people?

We're an absolute shambles to be quite honest. Top to bottom. On the field and off the field. The club as a whole lacks true leadership - a person to grab the entire entity by the fucking neck and pull it up to where it should be.


Think the stadium at the moment is part of the reason behind our attendances as it has created a huge sense of apathy.

There is a huge dormant support out there that needs tapping into - build it and they will come (except for the Brandywell :) )


There is massive potential for our club in Derry and surrounding areas.

There isn't a male of a certain age in the city who hasn't been to at least one Derry City match. Even those in my family with no interest in football have been.

But it's heartbreaking to see how helpless the club has become. It just seems stuck in a rut of mediocrity, with no understanding that it should do things differently and no people available in the city to help make that happen.

Derry City's biggest internal problem for me is a lack of ambition, as evidenced by the meek acceptance that our future can only lie at the Brandywell. I think our biggest external challenge is that the brightest, best and most energetic talent in our city continues to leave every year due to the lack of opportunity in the place. Derry basically develops smart people to go off and make everywhere else better places. It's depressing that there is nothing to keep more of those people at home, to help improve all aspects of life in the city - including our football club.


Of course there's nothing here, poor roads, poor rail link, no jobs, Magee ignored by those who hold the purse strings, and now we have austerity hoisted on us, in what is the highest unemployment area in the whole of the UK. Tell me what has your sister party the Alliance ever done for this city. According to the politicians we all here are work shy. We need to get on our bikes and look for work. ain't that right. Might be a good idea as a fella last year beat the train to Belfast from Derry, ON A BIKE.


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 461
That stand at Windsor that collapsed might do us ? ! The old Oval one was grand sure - ship it down


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:43 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1644
Redevelopment was meant to start this coming monday, whats the latest news will there be plant on site this monday or not ?


Top 
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:03 am 
Offline
First Team
First Team

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Posts: 127
forza wrote:
We don't need a new stadium. We aren't the worst stadium in Ireland and I am more than happy with our stadium.

But if we are to change it has to be outside the brandywell area. It's not a welcoming area for all


Are you on the board :lol:

If your happy with our stadium you must be happy pissing with not even a roof above your head, changing rooms where the walls are paper thin and 30 men have to share about 6 showers after a match.

The Lone Moor end where I stand is crumbling, PA is hard to hear. I know a lot of people who wont bring their kids to the matches as its quite frankly a shit hole.

To say ah well we're not the worst stadium in Ireland is showing lack of ambition and foresight.

Build it and they will come


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 88 [ 1744 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next




Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News


Who is online

Registered users: barry, gjm1

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron