Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 25 of 27 [ 522 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post subject: Re: Merchandise
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

mickyroddy wrote:
magspat wrote:
rodgers wrote:
I see the Brandywell Brew is being launched. I hope it's a success and brings in some small benefit to the club together with supporting local industries.

Will there be a Christmas pop up shop this year?

Are there any new jerseys to come before Christmas?

Clubs promoting alcohol of any kind shouldn't be allowed.enough problems without this now.

Its worked well for Sligo .. I welcome it

How well?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Its worked well for Sligo .. I welcome it[/quote]

How well?[/quote]
Earlier this year we made a collaboration beer with our local football club
Sligo Rovers F.C. The Showgrounds beer is named after the club's stadium and €1 from every pint sold went straight to Sligo Rovers, raising over €5,000 in the process.

We were delighted to see the uptake of The Showgrounds beer by many bars in support of our local club. We wish Sligo Rovers all the success in the future and in the FAI Cup this weekend!

Up The Bit O' Red..
That's their take on it .. I hope it's on sale in bar in the ground... So us regular bar flies can support.
For the non drinkers that are offended by this ...keep buying the half time draw tickets... which are no good to us as we hear no announcements in the bar, and we 'll support the club and enjoy a cold beer in the process...
Ps Any word on a new home top ?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

mickyroddy wrote:
Its worked well for Sligo .. I welcome it

How well?[/quote]
Earlier this year we made a collaboration beer with our local football club
Sligo Rovers F.C. The Showgrounds beer is named after the club's stadium and €1 from every pint sold went straight to Sligo Rovers, raising over €5,000 in the process.

We were delighted to see the uptake of The Showgrounds beer by many bars in support of our local club. We wish Sligo Rovers all the success in the future and in the FAI Cup this weekend!

Up The Bit O' Red..
That's their take on it .. I hope it's on sale in bar in the ground... So us regular bar flies can support.
For the non drinkers that are offended by this ...keep buying the half time draw tickets... which are no good to us as we hear no announcements in the bar, and we 'll support the club and enjoy a cold beer in the process...
Ps Any word on a new home top ?[/quote]
Wee bit Patronising hi!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think Marlboro packets are red&white so maybe we can get them to sponsor us too? And do we still have that association with Mintbet?

That's the booze, fags and gambling covered off which only leaves... :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
I think Marlboro packets are red&white so maybe we can get them to sponsor us too? And do we still have that association with Mintbet?

That's the booze, fags and gambling covered off which only leaves... :lol:

Not sure about cigarettes...bad for you.. but a mintbet stall in the bar area or back of stand is a great idea... a beer and bet with a donation to Derry city fc would certainly enhance my matchday experience... Great idea !

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Some dodgy new tops being realised this week by LoI Clubs. Dundalk's is particularly awful...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

magspat wrote:
rodgers wrote:
I see the Brandywell Brew is being launched. I hope it's a success and brings in some small benefit to the club together with supporting local industries.

Will there be a Christmas pop up shop this year?

Are there any new jerseys to come before Christmas?

Clubs promoting alcohol of any kind shouldn't be allowed.enough problems without this now.

I think this is a bit of a stretch Mags. Whatever happened to individuals taking responsibility for their own actions ?

I don't think locally produced bottles of a Derry City themed beer are genuinely going to add to addiction issues in the town. It's the super strength beer, cider and spirits being sold cheaply by certain off-licenses which is probably the real source of the issue here - combined with mental health issues.

We probably do more damage to people's health by having a chippy at games to be honest.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:45 pm 

I tried the Brandywell Brew on Saturday night in The Exchange. Firstly I want to say I am not a fan of most of the Northbound Brews. At a push I would drink the Magnum IPA but other than that I wouldn't be a fan. I reckon most people would enjoy this type of beer if they are fans of lager like Harp or Carlsberg. Would recommend trying it at least especially with the incentive of 50p per bottle going to the club.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

stevebradley wrote:
magspat wrote:
rodgers wrote:

I don't think locally produced bottles of a Derry City themed beer are genuinely going to add to addiction issues in the town. It's the super strength beer, cider and spirits being sold cheaply by certain off-licenses which is probably the real source of the issue here - combined with mental health issues.

We probably do more damage to people's health by having a chippy at games to be honest.

I reckon there's genuine concern by some that any endorsement of beer (or gambling) by the Club could influence younger DCFC fans. I'd agree its not really an issue for those already on the sauce. I do recall drinking exclusively 'Holsten Pils' when i was much younger. I'll let you work out who my other team is from that clue...

That aside. The branding for the beers looks excellent and if consumed responsibility then good luck to all involved.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:18 am 
Manager
Manager

New away Jersey coming soon

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... -1-9161800

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Are we due a new home jersey this year?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 am 

Yes there will be.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:04 pm 

All,

Apologies if we have seemed a little "quiet". One may now understand why. We had to wait for sponsors to be tied down for next year before we could make a move on kits. We also had to tie up a new deal with the supplier/Adidas UK which took a bit longer than we hoped.

The kit designs have been selected for a while, but with the sponsors(and more importantly from our side, the logos) finalised, this means that we can push ahead

To the questions

Will there be new kits?

Yes, there will be new home and away kits for 2020. Away kit we hope to have at least one delivery of before Christmas. Home kit will launch in the new year. The claret and blue will be retained as a third/alternative kit for the 2020 season.

Will there be a shop?

Yes, we will have a pop up in the City centre again. This will be in Carlisle Road, some may have seen the signs and the social media post about same. Again, this is virtually a volunteer run effort and therefore we will be only open part of the week. So, your other options is to order online, there is plenty of stock with the supplier.

Will there be new leisure wear?

Yes, but being very frank, plenty of the stuff that Adidas didn't sell that well, so we have to be conscious of that as well. So we have ordered in a few key pieces, but we have tried to be more selective.

There will be the usual range of 'smaller' items and plenty of options to get gift vouchers for friends and family.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Happy days, great news. Looking forward to the away top. 8-)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

MariborKev wrote:
All,

Apologies if we have seemed a little "quiet". One may now understand why. We had to wait for sponsors to be tied down for next year before we could make a move on kits. We also had to tie up a new deal with the supplier/Adidas UK which took a bit longer than we hoped.

The kit designs have been selected for a while, but with the sponsors(and more importantly from our side, the logos) finalised, this means that we can push ahead

To the questions

Will there be new kits?

Yes, there will be new home and away kits for 2020. Away kit we hope to have at least one delivery of before Christmas. Home kit will launch in the new year. The claret and blue will be retained as a third/alternative kit for the 2020 season.

Will there be a shop?

Yes, we will have a pop up in the City centre again. This will be in Carlisle Road, some may have seen the signs and the social media post about same. Again, this is virtually a volunteer run effort and therefore we will be only open part of the week. So, your other options is to order online, there is plenty of stock with the supplier.

Will there be new leisure wear?

Yes, but being very frank, plenty of the stuff that Adidas didn't sell that well, so we have to be conscious of that as well. So we have ordered in a few key pieces, but we have tried to be more selective.

There will be the usual range of 'smaller' items and plenty of options to get gift vouchers for friends and family.

Cheers for all the hard work as per usual!

Any clues on the home top kit design? Any sneak previews anywhere?

Well done on the pop-up! Think its important to have some visual presence in the town centre

Any thoughts on why the addidas stuff wasn't selling? quality, design, price?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm 

marcoloco wrote:
Any clues on the home top kit design?

It will be red and white. :lol:

marcoloco wrote:
Any thoughts on why the addidas stuff wasn't selling? quality, design, price?

There were just a number of designs that weren't very commercial and didn't shift.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

MariborKev wrote:
marcoloco wrote:
Any clues on the home top kit design?

It will be red and white. :lol:

I asked for that didn't I.... :lol:

Hopefully we can get creative with the stripes. ;-) maybe something thicker/thiner rather than usual rather than just tweaking around the collar and trim. I'll guess I'll have to wait and see....!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 am 
First Team
First Team

Kev,

I quite liked the claret and blue third strip, but any idea why the club didn't use it at all, apart from one meaningless friendly ?

I think it could have helped sales, had we worn it more often last year.

Thanks

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Re the brew. Good ideas. Re non drinkers could we get at least a wee tea shack instead of queues for the chippy van for a cuppa a return to the once great chalked blackboards with the winning draw number would be great
A few wee DERRY buns, scones red jam and striped white cream,,,,,,,, great lol lol lol lol but please a tea shack def Mark Farren side especially Please

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:30 pm 

Sequoia Coffee has been a great addition to the Southend side in the season past next to the chippy van.

Not sure if there's plans for something on the Farren side but that side has a bar, a merch shop and an ice cream van that the Southend doesn't so you win some, you lose some. :lol:

Page 25 of 27 [ 522 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News