https://www.derrycityfc.net/online-ticketing/

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am 
Manager
Manager

Is this the one thats live on RTE?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Going to have to leave the Decky bashing at the door sooner or later lads.

What a job this man is doing, again.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:38 am 

Marty wrote:

Ah yes, another fishing expedition. No one bashed Decky - Eugene and I, and others made our points.

Just as I, and others, have given him full credit for the progress we have made.

Talking time off from defending John Delaney tonight are we?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:57 am 
Manager
Manager

MariborKev wrote:
Marty wrote:

Ah yes, another fishing expedition. No one bashed Decky - Eugene and I, and others made our points.

Just as I, and others, have given him full credit for the progress we have made.

Talking time off from defending John Delaney tonight are we?

Haha

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 am 

brandyball wrote:
Is this the one thats live on RTE?

Correct.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 am 
Manager
Manager

Great chance to put these ‘no soap’ Dublin w**kers on their arse!!
As far as the Dublin media is concerned there is only Rovers, Jack Byrne, Jack Byrne, Jack Byrne, Rovers and Dundalk....
We have been well under the radar until last night but the buzz is building....bring them on.....
RAWA

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

MariborKev wrote:
Marty wrote:

Talking time off from defending John Delaney tonight are we?[/quote
Eugenia here poss got too much time on my hands right now and posting maybe too much should cut back I KNOW but Idid have time to re read my own posts re DECCY. Not even one time did I bash him I used 100% backing 4 times BEHIND DECCY often totally confident a lot enthused often / I as an older coach did caution about getting too much like HIS PLAYERS but to keep a wee distance that was not BASHING it was advice / I wrote about test times and said we were bedding in and we were great but every team has to have a big test to see how far we have come .Pats was a huge bonus but I’d placed the ROVERS game as a yardstick. And commented I was v confident
SO I saw no bashing and speaking to him I’ve been enthusiastic in saying I’m delighted I also can take a wee blip as Ialso posted these lads are putting a hell of a lot of energy into every game and will have a wee blow up now and then . AT pats tho DECCY used players beautifully and am always convinced we have a squad that can absorb injuries ,suspensions etc. now. I couldn’t be MORE POSITIVE. my son just didn’t like the post Harps thingy but that’s not bashing just an auld head advising caution

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Will the crowd be affected because its on TV?

Will Rover's fans travel in smaller numbers?

If so, I presume that Clubs get a fee for hosting televised games?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
Will the crowd be affected because its on TV?

Will Rover's fans travel in smaller numbers?

If so, I presume that Clubs get a fee for hosting televised games?

Don't think they do any longer.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm 

In the car home on Monday I was discussing would casual fans with the game on the TV and a 10pm pub closing time would they opt flr the barstool? By all counts the online tickets have been selling well so people are excited for the game.

In terms of compensation for hosting TV Games I don't know if the clubs get anything but a few seasons ago the FAI didn't give clubs money. I remember there was outcry from Dundalk and maybe Rovers who were featured heavily across RTE and EirSport for a few month block and attendances dipped.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

So your suggesting that Clubs are 'obliged' to facilitate hosting tv games by virtue of their league membership? Surely a tv fixture knocks 10% off the attendance - especially travelling fans. I'm sure we'll get a bumper crowd come Friday and Rovers should bring a fair amount (tv or not) but if no compensation is offered then its another sign of Clubs getting taken to the cleaners by the FAI.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
So your suggesting that Clubs are 'obliged' to facilitate hosting tv games by virtue of their league membership? Surely a tv fixture knocks 10% off the attendance - especially travelling fans. I'm sure we'll get a bumper crowd come Friday and Rovers should bring a fair amount (tv or not) but if no compensation is offered then its another sign of Clubs getting taken to the cleaners by the FAI.

You sound surprised. Look at the shambles with Delaney.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm 
First Team
First Team

marcoloco wrote:

Could have been brought up at the AGM.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Phillipb wrote:
marcoloco wrote:

Did you not bring it up?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:44 pm 

Back to more on the field....

Sounds like McDonagh out, Delap and McD unlikely.

Team wise, we were completely outpassed by their midfield last time out(as were most others it has seemed) - so will be interesting to see how we get on this time out. Harkin looked very leggy towards the end of Monday and had an ice pack on after the game.

Hopefully Junior's confidence is up with the goal, Stokes continues to pose a threat from the right.

Defensively would assume that we revert back to Toal and Gilchrist. Be interesting if we double up and have Coll and McClean on one side to give us more defensive cover and a bit more physicality.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

I hope Harkin is available because for me Rovers threat is down the middle and we need our best players at it in that area. Byrne, McEniff and Watts. Kavanagh gives them a bit of width but their attacks and the danger comes from these three.

Its our home game and we should dictate the tempo. I think if we can start at the right tempo and on the front foot we have every chance of upsetting the odds. (Derry are 13/5 btw). These games can be won and lost on fine margins. We coughed up 2 soft goals in Tallagh. With a little luck we can open this title race up and really get the craic going!

City til I die.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ethan Boyle and Greg Bolger out for Rovers. Thats good news for Derry

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

Any sign of when McDermott will be back? And is the injury related to the injury that led to the surgery?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:16 pm 
First Team
First Team

brandyball wrote:
Phillipb wrote:
marcoloco wrote:

Did you not bring it up?

Wan't there due to health reasons, but would have brought it up, if i had of been there. But was there anyone there to ask anything, as no one so far has made any comment on how the AGM went.

Page 1 of 4 [ 75 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News