Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 9 of 16 [ 309 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: Kenny Shiels
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
I would have a lot of sympathy for KS but its not just the transfer policy that's a shambles... its his 1 dimensional tactics, bloody mindedness and poor man management.

And his multi faceted excuses.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

If the level of vitriol against KS on here is any sort of indication of the city as a whole, I'd say season tickets sales will be severely hit if we start next season with him at the helm.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Its hardly vitrol to be honest. Most of it is general opinions along with facts and stats. Whuch aren't great are they

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Keyser Soze wrote:
If the level of vitriol against KS on here is any sort of indication of the city as a whole, I'd say season tickets sales will be severely hit if we start next season with him at the helm.

I'd say you're probably correct.
I'll renew myself, but know two who won't be renewing next year as things stand.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

brendy_éire wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I'll renew myself, but know two who won't be renewing next year as things stand.

To be fair... its easy to say you wont renew now. However, it would only take 2 or 3 positive signings to improve the mood and I suspect those committed to the Club will renew.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

marcoloco wrote:
brendy_éire wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

To be fair... its easy to say you wont renew now. However, it would only take 2 or 3 positive signings to improve the mood and I suspect those committed to the Club will renew.

When was the last time we had two or three positive signings at the club though ? :D

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

New manager new ethos needed

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

I will renew my season ticket .... but I cringe at the thought of Kenny still being there and signing more dapo kayodes for next season ... will he parade anyone v cork on our last home game !!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

What a lovely letter Kenny has penned to us all and I for one continue to loyally support him. Not enough write letters these days. Unfortunately it's a dying art but my thanks to Mr Shiels and my door is also always open to he.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Forza. A bit lost here which letter Did I miss it lol

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

eugenio wrote:
Forza. A bit lost here which letter Did I miss it lol

https://www.derrynow.com/sport/letter-f ... ent/252295

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

So its tristar, oxford, foyle harps, culmore. Ballymoor ,trojans, newall ,bright stars, clooney to name but a few who take kids at 4 or 5 and train them build up relationships and form a team ethic fault that we buy pish players. Is he havin a fuckin laugh or what.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Think yer missing the point. He has said in the past that we cant get youth from derry to join r youth teams. Thats a lack of derry born players comin through.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Naw your missing it. My wee boy plays for a wee team . Been together for 2 years thru hammering after hammering and finally have found there feet. No world beAters they are 7. But thwy are a team thru thick and thin. But sheils thinks that at 13 i should take him away from his mates. His team. To go and train with strangers. Thats why this season we have been shit cos he has to go to Scotland to buy players.. come on

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

Am not defending the fact he has brought in crap. Cause he has. Hes just sayin derrys struggleing to pick up youth talent from derry. No ones sayin the young players have to go either. And its goin to happen weather hes here or not.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:36 am 
Manager
Manager

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No-one owes Derry City a favour.

We need to create an atmosphere in this town in which every parent would love their kid to pull on a Derry City shirt.

It can be done - but only through continual hard work to make us a genuine community club that is involved in every facet of life in this city. That people feel a strong sense of identity with and love for - regardless of results.

I believe that's how we will build a future for our club in the post-PoD era (which will inevitably come).

In the meantime, no-one owes us a favour. We have to earn their desire to play for our club.

P.S. Does anyone else think a period of media silence from Kenny Shiels might not be a bad thing ?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Wonder what young player's parents think when they see how he had treated the local players in the current team and replaced them with dross?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 am 
Manager
Manager

zzzzzzzzz

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

The same fact has been discussed all around Ireland since the FAI came up with the underage leagues attached to LOI teams....In Dublin especially there has been a lot of negative feedback...underage teams that have been there for generations are now expected to give up their talent to the 'big' teams and lose out from compensation etc....this isnt just a Derry issue....

but Shiels is preaching from a postion of weakness...

He and Derry City need to pick his battles and try to build positivity around the club...while not wrong this letter will only put peoples backs up

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:25 am 
Manager
Manager

Some coaches are not allowing promising youngsters to get involved with other interested parties eg cross channel teams. I know that one parent found out by accident that an outside team was interested in his son but the team coaches didn't tell him. So he took his wee boy away. Some of the coaches are doing a disservice to local parents and kids by deliberately holding them back for their own selfish interests

Page 9 of 16 [ 309 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News