Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 5 of 6 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:47 pm 

Barry,

I can only speak for the merchandise.

I would dispute the urgency comment. I can confidently report we are on the phone to suppliers multiple times a day. We are fully aware of the revenue opportunities coming up to Christmas and we are working as hard as we can to maximise our opportunities there.

In a couple of months we have met with nearly a dozen suppliers, selected preferred options, held advanced talks with a couple of them, agreed a deal with House of Sport and designed new and away kits, and a whole range of leisurewear. We've also added pint glasses, keyrings and a few other non adidas items. As well as that, we've work with Kenny and Gavin to select and order all the training gear for the players, which needs to be here as well. That alone was a 5 page order, with hundreds of items to be ordered.

As Chalkie has said elsewhere - we are going with absolutely brand new adidas gear, it was released in November 2017. Images on that were embargoed till mid/late October.

We have a launch and sales strategy and we're executing to that. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it, but it was decided and agreed by those involved. There will always be an element of "you should have done x! " or "why didn't you do y".

Cork have no details of their adidas gear on any channel.

Again, you are right that the club needs help to bridge the gap to Dundalk, Cork and others - I would encourage anyone that thinks they can help to go along to the Development Committee.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Kev yourself and Chalkie have been doing great things towards the merchandise. There is constant updates on the stock and whats happening with the kit. Although disappointing as it is that the new kit wont be out in time for Christmas I don't think you can be questioned on your commitment.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:22 am 
Manager
Manager

snowy wrote:
Does anyone know if/when Season Tickets are on sale? I called up to shop in Rathmore at 11.15 this morning to buy 3 Season Tickets but it was closed. Also a friend tried to ring but could not get through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

snowy, the club were selling season tickets in Ráth Mór today and I think it was quite successful.

I've heard that there were a lot of people in and out of the store all day long and that quite a few season tickets were sold.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Can you pick your seat in the new stand yet?

Did we get the seating plan?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Can you pick your seat in the new stand yet?

Did we get the seating plan?

Yes, seating plan can be viewed on the computer in the office and you can pick your seat. Should be available online soon afaik if it isnt already

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Excellent, thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

As with Maginn are there tickets for standing spectators

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 am 
Manager
Manager

I am fairly certain, eugenio, that there are no terrace tickets any longer.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just wondering if season ticket holders of many years in Southend stand will retain their seats as was the case every other year. I have to consult with our small group and we usually renew our tickets in early January.
I've phoned office several times but it goes straight to voicemail and I haven't had a reply to my messages.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Chalkie wrote:
I am fairly certain, eugenio, that there are no terrace tickets any longer.

Thank you Chalkie my friend I’m a bit old fashioned as you know but will sing better seated lol lol, Maybe

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Oops! just answered my own question above - DC site tells me seats will be retained until 10 January

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Why are pesioners chatged double to have the pleasure of buying a drink in the bar

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

DC-2010 wrote:
Why are pesioners chatged double to have the pleasure of buying a drink in the bar

To put people off going, I assume.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Its not fair . I haver to pay an extr 40 but concessionary an extra 80 this needs looked at

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:10 am 
Reserves
Reserves

DC-2010 wrote:
Its not fair . I haver to pay an extr 40 but concessionary an extra 80 this needs looked at

It's NOT fair that anyone is asked to pay anything for this privilege

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:01 am 
Manager
Manager

brendy_éire wrote:
DC-2010 wrote:

To put people off going, I assume.

Brendy, you've been saying this for a while, but this is an absolutely ridiculous theory and you know it.

The bar could never have been a free for all this year, it had to be managed in some way or another. The decision to charge extra is one that wasn't taken lightly by the club.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:55 am 
Reserves
Reserves

Then make the concessionary withe bar 220

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

daniel wrote:
Brendy, you've been saying this for a while, but this is an absolutely ridiculous theory and you know it.

The bar could never have been a free for all this year, it had to be managed in some way or another. The decision to charge extra is one that wasn't taken lightly by the club.

Nothing ridiculous about it. Why are concessions being charged £80 for bar access then? At face value, it seems blatantly unfair to charge them double what it costs a standard ST holder. We can assume the club aren't deliberately deciding to screw over a particular category of fan, so then have to consider the reasoning behind the price difference (and indeed, the decision to charge at all).
IL clubs don't charge for their bars, and seem to manage just fine. It's not a capacity issue, the bar would have found its natural level after the first few games. I don't at all think that the club took the decision to charge lightly, I think it was a calculated business decision.

In the absence of any explanation from the club, I think it's a reasonable guess that they're attempting to make the bar a bit of an 'exclusive' type venue. Keep it relatively uncrowded, bring in sponsors and hopefully get a few businesses to buy STs. Make it more of a night-out experience, have food and the like.
Charging £40 will exclude the vast majority of attendees in the Brandywell (including 100% of non-ST holders), but leave you with just right number and type of customer for the bar not to seem dead.
Bearing that in mind, charging more again to concession ST holders makes sense. It sounds harsh, but students and pensioners aren't the target market, if anything, they'd detract from value of the bar. I've some experience of working in bars like that, where they actively dissuade certain demographics from visiting. I wouldn't be a fan of them myself, but it does work in creating a particular vibe and fairly homogeneous clientele.

That's my reckoning on it anyway. I hope it works out well for the club financially. There's a lot of potential for additional income with the bar, and it'll likely take a few years to learn exactly how best to use that potential. I don't think this is a bad way to start.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

Just read the last few comments. I'm shocked about this additional charge as I hadn't really looked at the bar costs. The double charge on students and pensioners amounts to age discrimination in the provision of services, and it does not come within an exception, as they will not be able to show good reason or be 'objectively justified'. There is no way that justified age discrimination here is 'a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim’ in this case. Really surprised the club are doing this, and would hope it's just an error at this stage.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

So that's sorted then, off to the European Court of Human Rights.

Page 5 of 6 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News