Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 4 of 5 [ 82 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'm still surprised a pensioner still needs to pay £80 entrance to the bar ? Thought they might change this. I might just have to take a wee jog to the equality commission :)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

snowy wrote:
Does anyone know if/when Season Tickets are on sale? I called up to shop in Rathmore at 11.15 this morning to buy 3 Season Tickets but it was closed. Also a friend tried to ring but could not get through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I emailed about renewing mine and Orlaith said she will email me when season tickets are available.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm 

The increase for pensioners this year is £55 plus £80 if bar access is wanted. How is that justified?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 pm 

Is the pensioner increase not £60 which is 50 per cent ? From £120 up to £180. And then the £80 bar charge.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 am 
Manager
Manager

cjh1 wrote:
The increase for pensioners this year is £55 plus £80 if bar access is wanted. How is that justified?

We have an extra home match this year.

normal pay at the gate prices are up by 16% but if we want a competitive team then we'll have to pay for it? This may cause some not to attended as many matches which may or may not lead to an increase in gate receipt money compared to previous seasons. Say first few matches expects to have an extra 300 adults will gain £4200 at the gate. If only another 100 decide to go then gain still positive with £1200 in the kitty.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

paul60 wrote:
cjh1 wrote:

We have an extra home match this year.

normal pay at the gate prices are up by 16% but if we want a competitive team then we'll have to pay for it? This may cause some not to attended as many matches which may or may not lead to an increase in gate receipt money compared to previous seasons. Say first few matches expects to have an extra 300 adults will gain £4200 at the gate. If only another 100 decide to go then gain still positive with £1200 in the kitty.

Agree.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

No tickets until next month.

South stand should be available as no change in seating there.

Numbering etc for new stand still to be completed.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

supremo wrote:
I spent a substantial amount of money last Christmas on merchandise and I also bought a season ticket as a present. I am considering buying a season ticket this year for myself. Two years ago I stopped buying a season ticket because the club could not assure me that it would be delivered by Christmas.

I am sure the club want fans to buy season tickets and merchandise so it needs to act now, tell us the costs so that fans can take any decisions before Christmas.

supremo

I wanted to come back to your questions from a few weeks ago.

There is additional stock in the shop in Rath Mór but a lot of stock was sold on Saturday 28th October and, at that time, the vast majority of the hummel stock sold out because we decided to have a fire sale to clear the old hummel stock in preparation for the new stock arriving.

Recent additions to Derry City FC merchandise have been key rings and pint glasses.

Advent Calendars arrived yesterday and will be on sale in the Rath Mór shop from this week onwards.

The Rath Mór shop also have mugs, DVDs, books, and clothing items on sales at the moment. They did contact me this week to say that scarves and pin badges sold out this week so I'll have to order more of those.

In relation to your query about season tickets, the club have confirmed that these will be on sale before Christmas and they have released ticket prices. I understand, however, that the seating plan for the new stand has not been released to the club by Derry City & Strabane District Council so, because they haven't been given the seating plan yet, they cannot sell specific seats for that stand yet. As I said in a previous post, though, I don't know very much about season tickets so the best thing to do is to call the club, email them, or contact them on Twitter or Facebook.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Chalkie wrote:
supremo wrote:
I spent a substantial amount of money last Christmas on merchandise and I also bought a season ticket as a present. I am considering buying a season ticket this year for myself. Two years ago I stopped buying a season ticket because the club could not assure me that it would be delivered by Christmas.

I am sure the club want fans to buy season tickets and merchandise so it needs to act now, tell us the costs so that fans can take any decisions before Christmas.

supremo

I wanted to come back to your questions from a few weeks ago.

There is additional stock in the shop in Rath Mór but a lot of stock was sold on Saturday 28th October and, at that time, the vast majority of the hummel stock sold out because we decided to have a fire sale to clear the old hummel stock in preparation for the new stock arriving.

Recent additions to Derry City FC merchandise have been key rings and pint glasses.

Advent Calendars arrived yesterday and will be on sale in the Rath Mór shop from this week onwards.

The Rath Mór shop also have mugs, DVDs, books, and clothing items on sales at the moment. They did contact me this week to say that scarves and pin badges sold out this week so I'll have to order more of those.

In relation to your query about season tickets, the club have confirmed that these will be on sale before Christmas and they have released ticket prices. I understand, however, that the seating plan for the new stand has not been released to the club by Derry City & Strabane District Council so, because they haven't been given the seating plan yet, they cannot sell specific seats for that stand yet. As I said in a previous post, though, I don't know very much about season tickets so the best thing to do is to call the club, email them, or contact them on Twitter or Facebook.

The seating plan?

A,B,C,D,E,F,G

That's absolutely mental. When does the seating plan for the Mark Farren stand get released? Not doing something due to being under-resourced is one thing, but that's a silly reason.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Marty wrote:

The seating plan?

A,B,C,D,E,F,G

That's absolutely mental. When does the seating plan for the Mark Farren stand get released? Not doing something due to being under-resourced is one thing, but that's a silly reason.

Marty, no-one mentioned being under-resourced and this doesn't have anything to do with the club being under-resourced. In fact, this is out of the club's hands.

The Council has not released the seating plan so DCFC do not have it. If they don't have it, they can't sell the seats.

Can you imagine someone going into the club and asking to buy a seat and then being told to just pick off a list of ABCDEFG 12345678. People won't accept that and it would only lead to trouble for the club because they can't sell it if they don't know it exists.

What if there aren't as many rows as you'd expect or if some of the rows which were originally planned have been taken out to make way for fire evacuation corridors or something along those lines?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 am 
Manager
Manager

How about selling tickets and calling buyers to confirm seats whenever the council release the most obvious seating plan in the history of stadiums?

What about the Mark Farren stand, are the council releasing the seating plan for that?

I’m not out helping every Saturday selling tickets, so if resources are a problem fair enough, but we don’t know the seating plan is crazy.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Marty wrote:
What about the Mark Farren stand, are the council releasing the seating plan for that?

Yes, Marty, the Council will be releasing the seating plan for that but, as I've said, they've not given it to the club yet.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 am 
Manager
Manager

The club told me that over 100 people have already expressed an interest in buying a season ticket for next year so that's extremely encouraging at this early stage.

It would be great if the club could achieve 500 season ticket-holders next year.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Chalkie wrote:
Marty wrote:

Yes, Marty, the Council will be releasing the seating plan for that but, as I've said, they've not given it to the club yet.

Sorry, I thought the old stand was called the Mark Farren stand. I'm not sure how we couldn't have the seating plan for it at this stage.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 pm 

Ring the council there Marty and ask that question.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

MariborKev wrote:
Ring the council there Marty and ask that question.

Haven't we had the seating plan since the stand what built?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:59 pm 

In all the years I was involved in selling season tickets, no.

But clearly you know better.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Kev tbh I don't think it would be rocket science for our board or club employees to find out how many seats etc are going in and the plans for it from either the builder or planners/architects, then construct a seating plan. It's 5 weeks from Xmas and there is currently no way of purchasing:

- a ST for the new stand
- a jersey of any description
- Any sort of club gear - jacket coat etc

I'll have to settle for another scarf, advent calendar, pint glass and possibly a towel and Gary Ferrys book!

Another missed opportunity!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:10 pm 

Barry,

AFAIK it has been requested on several occasions from the council.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

MariborKev wrote:
Barry,

AFAIK it has been requested on several occasions from the council.

I was aware of that but again we seem to do nothing with urgency. It's makes me sad/frustrated and bordering on angry to see the marketing and merchandising being done by other clubs and we are still In the Stone Age. I know you, chalkie and a few others are putting in the hours behind the scenes but we are in danger of missing out on huge revenue coming up to Xmas.

Why not release jersey design and take advanced payments on it?
Ask councillors to pursue the seating design?
Allow pre-ordering of club gear and release images. Market it like that

We wonder why we can't compete with Cork, Dundalk and Rovers on the field it's because we are miles away from them off the field. Bohs, Sligo and Galway also put us to shame!

Page 4 of 5 [ 82 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News