Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News

Page 1 of 8 [ 158 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thought this deserved its own thread.

A tough draw on many counts. Not an easy push-over team, and a bit of a pain to get to them. On the plus side, we're at home for the crucial second leg if we can keep things alive in the first.

Thoughts ?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Flights are a third of the price if we request a switch!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Marty wrote:
Flights are a third of the price if we request a switch!

I'm not sure there'd be any real benefit to us in switching though.

Would it add much to the home gate ? Probably not. And it would make us look like we were conceding victory before the tie had even begun, as strategically having the second leg at home is always the best.

Aren't UEFA a lot less flexible on switching fixtures these days too ?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'd be surprised if we didn't attempt to switch. We don't have a home game this year, if we get beat there won't be 1,000 people in Sligo.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:17 pm 
First Team
First Team

Quote:
Billund Airport located 52km south is the nearest International Airport to Herning. Situated next to Legoland theme park, Billund is the largest Airport in Denmark and is served by a surprisingly large amount of European airlines.

Karup Airport 12.5 km north east of Herning is technically the closest, but is only served by a handful of domestic and Scandinavian routes.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm 
Reserves
Reserves

We need to switch first leg, because we have no chance of getting through. Always in Europe and defeared Southampton a few years ago !!!! Worst draw we could have got. !!!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Marty wrote:
I'd be surprised if we didn't attempt to switch. We don't have a home game this year, if we get beat there won't be 1,000 people in Sligo.

Don't know many who will be going to Sligo regardless. Working in Belfast on both dates so won't be making it myself.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

If we beat the Danes we play the winners of Ferencváros (HUN) v Jelgava (LVA)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

terrible draw against a very good side...their record last year was good

we live in hope

will miss away leg daughters graduation same day.....needs most

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Shit draw, they beat man utd last year at home. Was hoping we could progress one round at least.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lads lads a shit draw is in the middle of the Urals accessible only by Camel Let's play the best ,beat the best then move on We fear no body except those weirdo teams in KRAKISTANAMEGERBEIAL etc .
Can anyone give any info on how to go. Any body know if team on a charter e.g. . this one is on my list as long as it is not switched So here's a no switch man Roll on the boys Gothenburg fell. PSG handed the tie by FAI WEhave the boys to win this over 2 legs Saw Copenhagen at Crues last year when Crues hoofed it hoofed it and hoofed it We would have given them a game so bring it on we've waited. It's here Let's go for it

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm 
First Team
First Team

Eugenio, probably the nearest airport is Billund but, and I'm open to correction, you cannot fly direct from Ireland. It's about 45 minutes from Herning, where they play. Alternatively, you could fly to Copenhagen (about 4 hours away) or Hamburg (but it's 8 hours away by car).

Probably easiest to fly out of London (having got there first).

It looks like it should be relatively easy to get to because it's Denmark but logistically it's not.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

eugenio wrote:
Lads lads a shit draw is in the middle of the Urals accessible only by Camel Let's play the best ,beat the best then move on We fear no body except those weirdo teams in KRAKISTANAMEGERBEIAL etc .
Can anyone give any info on how to go. Any body know if team on a charter e.g. . this one is on my list as long as it is not switched So here's a no switch man Roll on the boys Gothenburg fell. PSG handed the tie by FAI WEhave the boys to win this over 2 legs Saw Copenhagen at Crues last year when Crues hoofed it hoofed it and hoofed it We would have given them a game so bring it on we've waited. It's here Let's go for it

As long as we steer clear of conceding set pieces!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:19 pm 

Anyone know if the legs have been switched or when we might get confirmation regarding the date of the home leg?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Willy wrote:
Anyone know if the legs have been switched or when we might get confirmation regarding the date of the home leg?

Not a peep from the club, but Midtjylland are advertising they are home for on 29th.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm 

Dazzy wrote:
Willy wrote:

Not a peep from the club, but Midtjylland are advertising they are home for on 29th.

Cant say i'm surprised.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 pm 

Club running a chartered flight to denmark on the 28th returning on the 29th, so home leg will be played on thurs the 6th of june

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

i
As long as we steer clear of conceding set pieces![/quote]
You old rascal trying to catch me out
I've sent edited footage to Denmark of great crosses headed away ...all 3 of them lol
Hope Danes are too sophisticated to throw long balls into the box a la Bray. but if Dundalk can do it so can we this time I'm v v confident
Thanks re flight info Son is on to Man united supporters who went there last season I heard maybe they have an idea . They may have flown to Germany Then train but ifDerry have a charter then seats may be ok there . But. I'll get there starting to walk after we gub Cork 6 5 on Fri. ( goals all from set pieces) lol

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dazzy wrote:
Willy wrote:

Give them a chance to get their heads around this to ffs give them a break.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

magspat wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
Willy wrote:

Give them a chance to get their heads around this to ffs give them a break.

They have had plenty of time when that was posted. Midtyjlland had it confirmed pretty quick. But yeah give them a break as always, complain on here about lack of professionalism and your a whinger. But hey forget professionalism, how about a courtesy to supporters looking to book travel arrangements.

Page 1 of 8 [ 158 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » On The Pitch » City Chat / News