Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Derry City Social Club

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

In the derry news today that derry city fc are objecting to the social club using their name, whats the story here i thought the social club and derry city fc were one and all.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 pm 
First Team
First Team

does this mean it could close if license not renewed ?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Here is the story;

https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-cit ... ame/145141

Clearly issues between the two and not singing from the same hymn sheet!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Is it simply that there's no income from DC Club going to the football team? Kinda lost interest in recent times in visiting there myself after several years of paying membership and not taking advantage of any benefits. My own choice I suppose. Is it doing OK these days?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:41 am 
Manager
Manager

fanatic wrote:
does this mean it could close if license not renewed ?

Its license was renewed according to the article

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 am 
Manager
Manager

kitwe wrote:
Is it simply that there's no income from DC Club going to the football team? Kinda lost interest in recent times in visiting there myself after several years of paying membership and not taking advantage of any benefits. My own choice I suppose. Is it doing OK these days?

I heard they haven't been doing so well.

Personally the last couple of times I've been in it seems the maintenance and general clientele of the place is a little, hmmm, rough around the edges one could say.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

This has been an ongoing issue for some time between the club and the social club. To be honest I was told a few weeks ago it was closed down.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 am 
Manager
Manager

TenaciousDee wrote:
This has been an ongoing issue for some time between the club and the social club. To be honest I was told a few weeks ago it was closed down.

If derry city fc arnt running it then who are ? and if their motives is purely profit and giving none of the profits to dcfc then our board have every right to stop them using the clubs name and crest on the premises.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

shauna wrote:
TenaciousDee wrote:

If derry city fc arnt running it then who are ? and if their motives is purely profit and giving none of the profits to dcfc then our board have every right to stop them using the clubs name and crest on the premises.

The Social Club was originally run by committee. I served on the committee during its first 12 months. Then a few years ago certain members of the board got more involved, you may remember the meeting that was held in the social with the then committee and its accountant addressing rumours of proposals to close the club? From that point the management changed over time from committee to the building's landlord effectively running it. For the last 18 months I have heard stories of the club wanting to distance themselves from the organisation and have asked for items in the premises to be returned as they see it as property of DCFC.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

I've not been in it now for at least a year. Looks like it is not worth renewing my membership

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

shauna wrote:
TenaciousDee wrote:

The Social Club hasn't given DCFC any money for years so I don't go to it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Derry City Social Club