Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Off The Pitch » General Stuff

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Virgin broadband.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Virgin offer better speed than any other broadband, but some say they slow it up. anyone here with any experience with them, would you recommend them. I'm with Sky at the minute and they are very poor.

Post subject: Re: Virgin broadband.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

We moved over in May. Like you we were get slow speeds and poor coverage in certain areas of the house. The recording capacity is better on virgin, but I liked the sky layout better. Speed now seems quicker and whole house getting wifi better. Also it works out cheaper by about £30 a month in my case. So far a good move. Only down side was England still in the semis regardless who your tv provider is. :evil:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 am 

Had Talk Talk and had to pay extra for a broadband boost. Changed to Virgin. A lot depends on where the router is. Was downstairs and the signal was poor upstairs. Got it moved upstairs and now the signal is poor downstairs.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 am 
Manager
Manager

Half way up the stairs then :D

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Been with BT FOREVER !!. I know its a bit more than others to pay, but my internet fly's with no problems. only thing is...they tie you down to minimum 18 month contracts and try to sneak price hikes on ye...Ye have to keep watching the b*****ds!!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:36 am 
Reserves
Reserves

hughthedonkey wrote:
Had Talk Talk and had to pay extra for a broadband boost. Changed to Virgin. A lot depends on where the router is. Was downstairs and the signal was poor upstairs. Got it moved upstairs and now the signal is poor downstairs.

Get a powerline adapter. Great job for getting a good wifi signal anywhere in the house.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

cousin kev wrote:
Been with BT FOREVER !!. I know its a bit more than others to pay, but my internet fly's with no problems. only thing is...they tie you down to minimum 18 month contracts and try to sneak price hikes on ye...Ye have to keep watching the b*****ds!!

Just have to keep an eye on them i have the same price for 3 years now when calling up each time the price goes up and threatening to quit and the give the same price again for 12 months

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

city till i die 89 wrote:
cousin kev wrote:

Just have to keep an eye on them i have the same price for 3 years now when calling up each time the price goes up and threatening to quit and the give the same price again for 12 months

Just did the same meself today. Work this one out.....got me to sign up to new BT Plus. (extra £4 pm) even faster speed. keep BT Sport at the same price. no price hikes for 18 months and am saving £15 a month from next month to what I'm paying now :D

never knew they had a dedicated "loyalty phoneline" hahaa

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 am 
Manager
Manager

cousin kev wrote:
city till i die 89 wrote:
cousin kev wrote:

Just did the same meself today. Work this one out.....got me to sign up to new BT Plus. (extra £4 pm) even faster speed. keep BT Sport at the same price. no price hikes for 18 months and am saving £15 a month from next month to what I'm paying now :D

never knew they had a dedicated "loyalty phoneline" hahaa

All about keeping customers if you play it right you can keep paying the same or get more for roughly the same

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Neutrino wrote:
Get a powerline adapter. Great job for getting a good wifi signal anywhere in the house.

I'd second this. I use one for the PS4 upstairs, with a wifi repeater for other devices.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

told BT I was leaving - Virgin great deal £29 - BT discounted me to £36 and added TV, Sports and included landline. Happy days. Was able to leave contract if I wished as you get 30 days to do so when they increase prices as they are doing currently.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Off The Pitch » General Stuff