Logo

Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Off The Pitch » General Stuff

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ladies and Gentlemen, last week I launched a Just Giving Campaign to raise funds for the Foyle Hospice. As part of the fundraising efforts I will be running the Berlin Marathon in September with other runners from the city. I am aware that a number of families and individuals in the city are currently feeling the pinch due to the economic uncertainty in the city so do not feel any pressure to donate. If you can, all donations big and small will be welcomed by the Foyle Hospice and their fundraising team.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/damian-curran2

The Foyle Hospice in the past has cared for members of my family, personal friends and friends of my family.Their dedicated staff cared for their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs as well as providing support for our family and friends in the process. People like my late Grandmother, Elizene Curran; my uncle, Declan Curran; my great-uncle Robbie Kennelly and my friend "Big T" McGilloway who were cared for with love, dignity and respect. Sadly the Foyle Hospice's services will be required again soon, not only by my family and friends but by others in this city and the North West of Ireland.

Each year the Foyle Hospice requires approximately £3 million to deliver palliative and end-of-life care for patients suffering from Cancer and other life-limiting illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron Disease, Parkinson's disease and COPD. Only 20% of this figure is provided by government funding with approximately £1.8 million required through community fundraising.

All together as part of my individual fundraising for the Foyle Hospice I have been challenged to fundraise £1650 but for this page I am aiming to raise at least £700. The complete sum of the donations made will go straight towards the Foyle Hospice and it will benefit the service's users in a variety of ways. Funds will go towards resources such as a patient's bed (costing £300 per night), building costs such as electric, heating, patient catering and the salary of the great medical team and staff, who provide a high standard of palliative care that brings comfort to patients at the end of their lives.

If you choose to donate I thank you for helping me with my efforts. As the campaign continues I will be updating the page with other attempts to continue fundraising such as at least one flag day scheduled for the first weekend of August and I will post it on here too.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Off The Pitch » General Stuff