Register    Login    Forum    FAQ
Sooty Olive

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Other Football

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 pm 
First Team
First Team

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... e-14310307

The relevant bit from the article regarding Derry.

“I thought I’d won a watch when Kilmarnock picked me up, still in the SPL, and within a month I’d shattered my jaw in training and was in hospital.

“I got released from there in the January window, when no one has any money, then got offered a ridiculous deal to go to Ireland with Derry City that I’d have been daft not to take.

“I was getting married that summer and they actually put in my contract that I could go on my stag do, have my wedding and honeymoon while all the boys were playing in the league! Then Roddy Collins got sacked, the new boss came in, saw my contract and said I had no chance of keeping it. I was on a ferry that night – my second midnight flit!”

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

doll wrote:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/career-blighted-injuries-relegation-heartache-14310307

The relevant bit from the article regarding Derry.

“I thought I’d won a watch when Kilmarnock picked me up, still in the SPL, and within a month I’d shattered my jaw in training and was in hospital.

“I got released from there in the January window, when no one has any money, then got offered a ridiculous deal to go to Ireland with Derry City that I’d have been daft not to take.

“I was getting married that summer and they actually put in my contract that I could go on my stag do, have my wedding and honeymoon while all the boys were playing in the league! Then Roddy Collins got sacked, the new boss came in, saw my contract and said I had no chance of keeping it. I was on a ferry that night – my second midnight flit!”

Haha. Just proves Roddy was a madman!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Other Football