Manager
Manager

Patrisk'son his way to Oldham.

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... -1-8300004

Post subject: Re: Patrick McEleney
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

so why exactly are people getting excited about a fella from derry signing from this 'friendly and welcoming' club

the Guardian 12/5/2015

Two arrested over death threat to Oldham Athletic manager

Football club received letter threatening new manager, Northern Irishman Darren Kelly, who has denied claims that he is a supporter of the IRA

Two men have been arrested after a death threat was sent to the new manager of Oldham Athletic football club.

Police were called to Boundary Park stadium on Monday after the club received the letter which threatened Darren Kelly.

Kelly, who is from Northern Ireland, has denied claims that he is a supporter of the IRA since he was appointed manager at the League One club last week.

Two men, aged 27 and 42, were arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill and remain in custody, Greater Manchester police said.

“The letter sent to the club made some extremely serious threats to a number of individuals and we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness,” DI Jason Byrne said.

“We are also aware of equally vitriolic comments that have been made on social media and this too forms part of our investigation.

“We have made two arrests and anticipate more. Another man knows we are keen to speak to him and I would stress that it is in his best interests to come forward.

“I would also ask anyone who has information about the letter or those behind it to contact us.”

Some fans have threatened to boycott Oldham’s matches following the decision to employ Kelly.
[/i]

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:46 am 
Manager
Manager

peterc wrote:
so why exactly are people getting excited about a fella from derry signing from this 'friendly and welcoming' club

the Guardian 12/5/2015

Two arrested over death threat to Oldham Athletic manager

Football club received letter threatening new manager, Northern Irishman Darren Kelly, who has denied claims that he is a supporter of the IRA

Two men have been arrested after a death threat was sent to the new manager of Oldham Athletic football club.

Police were called to Boundary Park stadium on Monday after the club received the letter which threatened Darren Kelly.

Kelly, who is from Northern Ireland, has denied claims that he is a supporter of the IRA since he was appointed manager at the League One club last week.

Two men, aged 27 and 42, were arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill and remain in custody, Greater Manchester police said.

“The letter sent to the club made some extremely serious threats to a number of individuals and we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness,” DI Jason Byrne said.

“We are also aware of equally vitriolic comments that have been made on social media and this too forms part of our investigation.

“We have made two arrests and anticipate more. Another man knows we are keen to speak to him and I would stress that it is in his best interests to come forward.

“I would also ask anyone who has information about the letter or those behind it to contact us.”

Some fans have threatened to boycott Oldham’s matches following the decision to employ Kelly.
[/i]

I doubt if any one is getting excoted about the transfer, just spreading out some info regarding a Derry man who's trying to make it in England.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

I really hope it works out well for him....just worried about the club he is going to!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:25 pm 
First Team
First Team

I wish him well. Has the ability to shine in that division. If he stays fit then bigger things may happen.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Who Are Ya ? » Other Football